cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oh, Canada!
|

Canadian Secret Santa 2017

2018 Exchange Thread:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Oh-Canada/Canadian-Secret-Santa-2018/td-p/4233527

**Sign-ups are closed & participants have been matched!**

Halleloo, everybody!

It's time for another round of Canadian Secret Santa for 2017!

Rules for 2017:

1. Open to both Canada & US. If in US, you must be willing to ship to Canada. If in Canada, you can specify that you want to only ship within the country.
  2. Eligibility: Must have either participated in either the 2015 or 2016 version of this exchange OR, for new participants, have a minimum 600 posts or  *NEW OPTION* 500 hearts.
  3. Exchange will run via Elfster -- when you sign up please PM me with your email address so I can send your invite.
  4. Deadlines:
    Sign-up cut off date: Thursday, November 2nd, midnight PST. Please also have your Elfster wishlist(s) up to date by then.  Deadline Passed.
    Matching day: Friday, November 3rd, so Rouge can take advantage of the 1st holiday sale weekend. Matching complete
    Ship-by date: Monday, December 11th (based on Canada Post shipping guidelines for 2017). Feel free to send sooner than this as well, though!
  5. Spending minimum is CAD$50. We always say it's less (like $35 or so) but we all always spend more, so I'm bumping it up for this round since everyone goes over anyway. This is total-spend, be that a single item or a group of items.

Participants:

• dyslexia
  • NotCrocker
  • ayeshayh
  • MaryK82
  • shopaholic15
  • Hellvetica
  • Seymore3
  • SpaceLlama

canada-christmas1

Re: Canadian Secret Santa 2017

Ordered the last items for my box 😄 Now I just need to start decorating while I patiently wait for my items! 

giphy.gif

Holiday llamas!  That gif is amazing.

@SpaceLlama That is the best holiday gif ever! 😄

Going to Moncton tomorrow and getting a few things for my gift I didn't order on line.This is so much fun.

Hope you had a great shipping day yesterday!

Waiting on the shipping confirmation for a Sephora order that may or may not (but pretty much does) include a gift item for my elf. The slow roll of Rouge Sale shipping notifications and all the people posting elsewhere about their items getting bounced after order placement or orders being cancelled is giving me the vapors. I just want to know my elfie's gift is en route safely -- ack!

Actual footage of me hitting refresh on the Order Status page and seeing it's all still 'In Process'Actual footage of me hitting refresh on the Order Status page and seeing it's all still 'In Process'

@dyslexiaI just got a ship notification for the order I placed for secret santa  but nothing yet for an earlier order for myself. 

@dyslexia Same thing here! My Sephora order is my last item missing for my box besides a few trinkets. I really hope it makes it here okay.

Monday and I'm still waiting on shipping notifications for 2 orders:  one for me, one for my elf. And one is OOS now!  Hopefully mine was fulfilled before that happened and is just in queue for shipping....

It's time!  Matching Day has arrived and everyone should have an email from Elfster with their Match. Hopefully everyone's got their wishlists up to date. Feel free to continue adding to them if you wish, too, though some people may shop early and not see later additions/removals.

Let the shopping begin! 😉

tenor

RE: Re: Canadian Secret Santa 2017

Aww Sephora secret santa how cute! I have no where near that many posts to participate but I will have fun looking at unboxing pics! Have fun you guys 😊

Sign-ups are now closed!

Matching will be happening tomorrow:  Friday, Nov 3rd. Just need everyone to Accept the Elfster invite. As soon as everyone's Accepted, I'll press go on the Matching!  😄

Last call!  Signup cut off is midnight PST so we can do matching by trmw AM for Rouge to take advantage of the 1st sale weekend.

To get on the list, reply here and PM me with the email address to send your Elfster invite to.

And, for everyone participating, please make sure your wishlists are at least fairly up to date. With the sale going on tomorrow, I'm betting a lot of us shop early for our gifts this year.

So exciting -- it's almost here!

Hi guys,

Thanks for the tag or I never would have seen this. (I haven't gotten used to the new look yet I suppose).

Yes I would love to join! They actually opened a Sephora in my town now. So that's pretty cool. lol.

I am going to login to Elfster and put up some things and I'll PM you @dyslexia that before midnight.

Jenn

Woohoo!  Glad to have ya back! BIC is a lot harder to find things in, it's true. 😕

Thanks for inviting me, I'm already part of a few Secret Santas at work and with friends so I'm going to have to skip out on this one!

No worries! I figured that might be the case. 😉

If I don't have 600 posts yet, but have participated in the most recent Halloween exchange, does that count? If not, I'll wait until next year 🙂

@SpaceLlamaPost count was based on the US exchange rules, but we used to do it by # of hearts instead. I'm still finding my way around the new BIC version of this community, so I'm last-minute changing the rules and adding back in heart count as an optional/alternate basis for if someone's active community member. Editing the main post now, but it'll be either 600 posts *or* 500 hearts, which was the old criteria from the past two years.

Long story short, you totally qualify, so if you want in, just let me know!  😄  Reply here and PM me your email for the elfster invite.

@dyslexia I would love to participate, but I would prefer to only ship within Canada. Shipping gave me a slight heart attack last time 😂 

Not a problem! We can have Elfster be sure to match ya with a Canadian. 🙂

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos33
  • canada-christmas1
  • tenor
  • Actual footage of me hitting refresh on the Order Status page and seeing it's all still 'In Process'
  • giphy.gif
  • giphy
  • Xmas1.jpg
  • Xmas2.jpg
  • Xmas3.jpg
  • Xmas4.jpg
  • give-back
  • giphy
  • Xmas5.jpg
  • unnamed.jpg
  • unnamed-2.jpg
  • unnamed-5.jpg