cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oh, Canada!
|

Canadian Secret Santa 2017

2018 Exchange Thread:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Oh-Canada/Canadian-Secret-Santa-2018/td-p/4233527

**Sign-ups are closed & participants have been matched!**

Halleloo, everybody!

It's time for another round of Canadian Secret Santa for 2017!

Rules for 2017:

1. Open to both Canada & US. If in US, you must be willing to ship to Canada. If in Canada, you can specify that you want to only ship within the country.
  2. Eligibility: Must have either participated in either the 2015 or 2016 version of this exchange OR, for new participants, have a minimum 600 posts or  *NEW OPTION* 500 hearts.
  3. Exchange will run via Elfster -- when you sign up please PM me with your email address so I can send your invite.
  4. Deadlines:
    Sign-up cut off date: Thursday, November 2nd, midnight PST. Please also have your Elfster wishlist(s) up to date by then.  Deadline Passed.
    Matching day: Friday, November 3rd, so Rouge can take advantage of the 1st holiday sale weekend. Matching complete
    Ship-by date: Monday, December 11th (based on Canada Post shipping guidelines for 2017). Feel free to send sooner than this as well, though!
  5. Spending minimum is CAD$50. We always say it's less (like $35 or so) but we all always spend more, so I'm bumping it up for this round since everyone goes over anyway. This is total-spend, be that a single item or a group of items.

Participants:

• dyslexia
  • NotCrocker
  • ayeshayh
  • MaryK82
  • shopaholic15
  • Hellvetica
  • Seymore3
  • SpaceLlama

canada-christmas1

Re: Canadian Secret Santa 2017

@Seymore3  So glad you had fun with the shopping! You did a great job of taking my list and extrapolating additional things I'd like from that info, too. I just spent 25 minutes trying to pick which cat pics to put in the ornament frames. 😉  And I am happy to report that the Mermaid's Lagoon bath bomb was both literally and figuratively The Bomb. I slept like a baby after my bath last night. Thank you again!

giphy

*GASP*  OMG, best Black Friday gift ever - my Secret Santa box arrived today!!!!

Unboxing photos and writeup coming soon. On my way home from work now!

giphy

RE: Re: Canadian Secret Santa 2017

This is the best pic ever, the excitement is real

@dyslexiaa few quick questions since I havn't done this before,do I put a return address on the parcel? or should the receiver not know who I am and once I get my tracking number do I post it on here?

@Seymore3  Def. do put return address on the parcel, yes. You can put something other than your full name or username there, but in case there are any delivery problems or if your elf has their address entered wrong in Elfster worst case the box will return to you. No need to post your tracking, just hang onto it, but do mark your gift as shipped in Elfster (but skip it when they ask for tracking -- with so few of us your elf will likely then be able to sort out right away who heir gift is coming from).

Ok,thanks.Parcel is all ready to ship tomorrow.

Let the wrapping begin! YAY! My favourite part. Apologies in advance for terrible wrapping. I love it. But I'm not very good at it LOL. 

Mine aren't wrapped I just put a large amount of newspapers around them and some some of the more breakable ones are in ziplock containers with extra packaging material.I guess I should have wrapped them but I didn't think of it and the package is all wrapped in Kraft paper and taped up now. I am good at shopping for gifts but not very good at decorating and wrapping.

Same here! I am terrible at wrapping. 😉

Same here, @ayeshayh! I might've apologized in the card for my wrapping skills 😛

Woo-hoo!  Sephora order finally arrived!  I knew they get backlogged during the sale, but since it was for someone else, I was nervous. Happy now, though! Just a few more things to do like box deco. 😉

Mine are slated to be delivered today. Then it's time to fight with wrapping paper! Woo-hoo!

I've already picked up a couple things, with a couple more things planned. BUT I head to Copenhagen at the end of the month and wanted to get some cute things there, I know the shipping deadline is December 11th, and I get back from CPH on the 2nd, so will mail it out before the deadline, but wanted to flag that my elfie will likely get her gift a bit later than the rest! But hopefully she loves it all!

Ooo, what a fun trip! You're back way ahead of the deadline -- all good! 😄

How exciting, @NotCrocker! Hope you have a nice trip 🙂

Thanks @SpaceLlama!

So jealous you're heading to Copenhagen! Have a wonderful time 🙂

Thanks @shopaholic15! I got insanely cheap flights so that helps make it even more exciting!

Nooooo I missed signing up this year !

😞  Sorry about the short signup window! Wanted to get the matching done before the Rouge sale.

no worries, my fault for not checking!

no worries, my fault for not checking!
Conversation Stats
Photos33
  • canada-christmas1
  • tenor
  • Actual footage of me hitting refresh on the Order Status page and seeing it's all still 'In Process'
  • giphy.gif
  • giphy
  • Xmas1.jpg
  • Xmas2.jpg
  • Xmas3.jpg
  • Xmas4.jpg
  • give-back
  • giphy
  • Xmas5.jpg
  • unnamed.jpg
  • unnamed-2.jpg
  • unnamed-5.jpg