Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

The Nail Stamping Thread

I thought it would be fun to have a thread dedicated to nail stamping. Are you a veteran stamper, or just wanting to get started? Let's share our love of stamped manicures! Post your stamping plate collections, your stamping successes and failures, and favourite polishes to stamp with. 1506281330618.jpeg

Anonymous Insider

Re: The Nail Stamping Thread

@RGbrown

Thank you! They're messy but at least I understand why.

That's very clever, your cookie liner. I've been trying to think of something here that I could use but so far I'm drawing a blank. You're right, something made specially for this would be overpriced. All I need is something a little padded...thinking...

RE: The Nail Stamping Thread

First attempt at stamping and it was so much fun! Colour Club “Sidewalk Psychic” over Essie Gel Couture “Caviar Bar” I used the What’s Up Nails Henna Entrancement (A010) plate.

Re: RE: The Nail Stamping Thread

It’s lovely! @ope590 ❤️

@Beadshopgirl Oh fun thread idea! I used to nail art stamp all the time. I need to buy an organizer for my plates. 

Anonymous Insider

@Beadshopgirl @RGbrown

At last, I did it! Not great, but I've been sick and I broke my nails so I had to cut them down, then I broke my desk lamp so I was doing this in the dark... but I had to prove to myself that I could do it. This is the Young Nails Escape Artist kit, with Essie polishes.caption2.jpg

Yay!!!! @Anonymous ❤️ I knew you could do it!!!giphy

Anonymous Insider

@Beadshopgirl

The credit goes to my very patient mentor! You're really good at this!! Many thanks, you went above and beyond!

@Anonymous

They look GREAT!! I'm doing a happy dance for you!  💕👏🎉

Anonymous Insider

@RGbrown

I want to give you 10 hearts and a BIG happy dance back! You were my inspiration, someone else who had never done it before, like me! (But you have more talent than me, but watch out I'm going to keep trying!)

Another Halloween mani post on Friday the 13th! 1507940526191.jpeg

So creepy!   I love it!   @Beadshopgirl ❤️

The kids wanted their nails stamped last night. Super quick, messy mani, since they can't hold still for long!1507921376329.jpeg

@Beadshopgirl So very cute!

So adorable!   I bet they were a hit at school! ❤️   @Beadshopgirl

@Beadshopgirl so cute!

I love this @Beadshopgirl Heart 

Since I don't have any Halloween plates, I went with Halloween colors and a zig zag... we'll call it a take on a Charlie Brown costume 😄

Butter London Chuffed (orange)

ILNP Poetry (holo purple)

One hand turned out pretty decentIMG_20171008_182545822.jpg

The other...well...not nearly as nice. I got impatient, and this design was a little more difficult to work with than the first one I used last week. It had one spot in the plate that seemed to be continually finicky, and instead of going for better, I went with "fine, it'll do" lol. I had what felt like a thousand bad stamps on my silicone mat and just wanted to get done. Probably won't use this design off the plate again.IMG_20171008_182623743.jpg

Anonymous Insider

@RGbrown Maybe it's not perfect but it's still really good! I don't understand the color, the "holo purple" looks gold? Is it different at a different angle, different light or something? Anyway, it's a great fall color combination, reminds me of maple trees turning color!

You did good!

@Anonymous thanks!

It's purple; I've found my phone to be not so great at picking up the contrast in colors though, and the purple does look a bit washed out here. The purple also turned out not quite as dark as I had hoped; it stamped great on my silicone mat when I tested it, but the orange base seems to have softened it up a bit.

Anonymous Insider

@RGbrown I really do think you have a natural talent for this! This is only your third time, isn't it? Amazing!

I think I'm seeing the purple as red. When I looked this time, what I thought was gold not looks orange. I sometimes have trouble with colors, especially the difference between two colors. It's a vision impairment, I'm always asking "what color is this" after I've gotten dressed. Once I went out wearing socks that were completely different colors - but when I got them from my drawer, I was sure they matched!

It looks great @RGbrown! I love chevrons! Sometimes when I'm having trouble with a spot on a plate, I'll try scraping from a different direction. 

Conversation Stats
Photos26
  • 1506281330618.jpeg
  • Love my Konad black & white
  • It's so hard to take photos of shiny metal plates!
  • I don't have this one, but I think I need it!
  • 1506379666230.jpeg
  • IMG_2884.JPG
  • Used Pueen plate 104 and Konad White
  • 1506806805581885115534.jpg
  • IMG_20170930_213808173.jpg
  • Scraper edge
  • stamp2.jpg
  • stamp1.jpg
  • Screenshot_20171007-205828.png
  • 1507273376877.jpeg
  • 1507485845976.jpeg
testing