Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

How long these nails stay with care and without care?

@manveersidhu - With a base coat, two to three coats of nail polish (not gel), and quick dry top coat, my manis last around five days before the tips start showing wear and growth becomes apparent at the base.  At the seven day mark, I'm ready to change polish because it no longer looks nice.

@manveersidhu 

Depending on materials used, rate of growth, and whether or not proper prep steps were followed, a manicure can last anywhere from a few days to up to a month. Happy to help further if you have more specific questions!

@manveersidhu I'm not the one to answer this, someone with more experience will wiegh in hopefully 😉

But with a good base coat and top coat I've had no chips on this one in 2 days. 

This was a little mix up mash up 💚💙

1000016196.jpg

Indirect Above, Flash Below 

1000016195.jpg

Thumb and Pinky-  Thank God I Don't Breathe by LBD

Ring-  Peace Out by Orly

Middle + Index - Psilocybin *Magnetic* By Clionadh

Struggling a bit with the magnetic effect, this was just a line straight up and down, you can see it in the light *the flash brings it out* but not at as stand out as I was hoping for 🤗 

Theyre screaming disco at me @CynthieLu 🥰

I can jive with that @jaaayp 😉

@CynthieLu Pretty combination. I like how you have been matching your nail polishes!

I get inspired by everyone's use of colors @Mellmars1185 Thank you lady! 😘 

Love your mix up mash up, @CynthieLu !  Great combo of colors! 💚🧲💚

Thanks a bunch 😄 @Titian06. They are a zippy little mix 😉

@CynthieLu they look really cool!

Thank you!  @Samtian 💫🙂

@CynthieLu 

Gorgeous mix up mash up! I love the colors you chose, and they work so well together! 

Sorry to hear about your magnetic struggles, they can be such a pain, but I'm sure you'll (ahem) nail it! And in any case, I think it looks amazing here! 💖

Thank you 😄 💖 @RGbrown  I have a few days off work in a row and wanted to use as many colors as I could at once, lol. 🤗 

The VOTM shade from LBD is really deep and beautiful. Like a jewel toned green with gold. It's my first time wearing it and I really dig it! Magnets I think I need to just be a bit more patient and slow down maybe 😉

@CynthieLu @RGbrown All the tutorials and videos I’ve seen using magnetic polish just wave the magnets around like magic wands and *POOF!* Magical designs! They never show the cure or drying time involved because who wants to watch paint dry… It’s already ingrained in us to do the same!

I can totally see the shift in that Psilocybin polish @CynthieLu! I need to break mine out again sometime. I also need to use the sea treasures ones still!

You totally should! @JoSometimes I have some regrets not getting that polish set 😍 I'd love to see it on your nails some day 🐟🪼

@CynthieLu This current manicure is getting a little worn. Hopefully I can find time tonight. I’m dying to try Cephalopod! 🙂

I tried my hand at duping a polish, and while my results weren't perfect (well, that's hard for me to gauge accurately since I don't have the original lol, but I don't think either of these is quite there), I do think I'm on the right track with this one, and if I can figure out how to work with neon powders a little better, I might actually get there 🤞

The inspo polish: Dreamland Shake Your Shamrock

Screenshot_20230823-165727.png

Image from PPU IG, July 9, 2023

I realized I had a neon green pigment powder that came in one of my polish making kits, and also two different types of shimmer that I thought might work for the blue shift, so I sat down to play! I quickly discovered that this neon green didn't mix well in suspension base...no matter how much I stirred and scraped the sides and generally tried to beat it to death, I had undissolved bits of powder 😣 

Homemade polish 13: on my pinky and middle fingers, this is neon green with a teal/blue aurora shimmer. I didn't use much of the aurora because it's crazy expensive ($9 for one gram!) and I already knew I wasn't happy with the spotty base, so I didn't want to waste much of it, but I don't think it's the right one anyway. If nothing else, the particle size on the aurora I have is much bigger than the one in Dreamland's version, and doesn't give off quite the same effect. My result is lovely (minus specks of undissolved pigment), a creamy neon green with a hint of blue in the right light, but not the dupe I hoped for. On to the next one!

Homemade polish 14: on my index and thumb, same neon green base, this time with a blurple interference shimmer. The blue shimmer feels a bit stronger and smoother, and I'm fairly certain I can build that shift up even more when I figure out how to mix neon powders a little better. I'm low on neon green now after these attempts, so I'd like to save it for when I have a better grip on how to mix it, but I just got a good sized bag of neon coral powder I can play with at some point! 

The neon pink on my ring finger is Zombie Claw I'm A Fiery Redhead, and I'm mildly disappointed with it. It's definitely on the sheer end of crelly, which I'm not opposed to, but the formula is too thin and all the glitters settle at the bottom, so I had to work hard to get them out. I'd get a few on my brush for my first nail (which happens to be the one pictured) by turning it upside down between coats, but it's on three fingers on my other hand and I struggled to get any glitter at all for them once the bottle sat for 10-15 seconds while I painted this one 😐

IMG_20230823_164212816_HDR.jpg

Shade on a sunny day 

IMG_20230823_164012947.jpg

Indirect light

I say yours is better @RGbrown ! Who needs blue shift?!?! 🤣

30,674 Replies
testing