Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@WinglessOne 

I am more than happy to provide one more thing to worry about! 😅

@RGbrown guess you just don't know your own strength 😅

@CookieGirl1 

I had no idea I could break a bottle so easily 😂

Solid dusty blue mani 🙂 This is darker irl 😉 (Essie nail lacquer in mooning) 

32318F6B-D9DC-4DD4-AFD1-340E1A5A80B4.jpeg

Such a beautiful color @starrynight08 ! I love your mani! 💙💙💙

Love a dusty blue polish @starrynight08 and this is a beauty! 💙 

Lovely shade of blue, @starrynight08 ! 💙💙💙

Very pretty, @starrynight08!

P.s. it’s a stick on but I painted them 🙂

@starrynight08 

Gorgeous! What a lovely blue for summer 💙

And welcome to BIC...we always love seeing new folks (and hands 😂) here!

Thank you 😊 I’m so excited 🙂

Aaaaaahhhhhh I can't resist!

Smith & Cult 70% off site wide...this makes polishes $5.40 each 😳 Free ship at $35 as well!

Code JULY4SALE, through the 15th

Screenshot_20220709-112542.png

@RGbrown  Well dang, now I'm obligated to at least browse S&C's current offerings. I have 3 of their polishes and haven't had issues with them that I recall. I think I've posted Color Me Curious in this thread before; it's a good marigold. Anyway, off I go to investigate. 

@WinglessOne 

Ahhh, that was you...I thought someone had posted Color Me Curious, but couldn't remember specifics. I couldn't resist yet another mac & cheese chic shade, so I snagged that one (and way too many others...I tried not to let silly things like "but I probably have a polish very close, if not exactly the same" stop me 🤣 Maybe you'll fare better than I did!)

@RGbrown  Well... 

smithandcult-order - 1.jpeg

The shades I already have are Ice Tears, Seek Me Out, and Color Me Curious. I ordered the gold and silver glitter toppers against my better judgment: the shape of these bottles + the short stemmed brush = gonna be hard to get enough glitter per nail once the bottle's half empty. I know some folks love the aesthete of S&C's bottle (including the purely decorative cap) but shapes like this aren't very user friendly once they're no longer full of product. But that didn't stop me from adding to cart. 😂🤦‍♀️ 

Can't wait to see what you picked up! 

@WinglessOne 

Aesthetic is definitely a big part of my draw to this brand 😍 While I'd prefer they used silver just because I like it better, the bottles are absolutely gorgeous and will be hot hot hot lined up on those shelves I keep thinking about but putting off 😅 I've only got Ice Tears and loved it, and while I wish they had more along that vein, I'm thrilled to get such a great deal on some fantastic display polishes...I'll be sad if I don't love them all, but I'm betting they're decent enough, especially for the price.

Order 1 

Screenshot_20220710-021124.png

Screenshot_20220710-021333.png

And then I realized I missed Darjeeling Darling on my first pass, and while I was too busy loading up my cart for a second run to double check my stash, I don't think I have a plain green quite that shade, so here's cart number two 🙈

Screenshot_20220710-020537.png

There were a couple of purples I'd love to have that were oos, so if I think about it, I may keep an eye on them and see if they happen to come back too. 

You and I really should just consider moving in together...coulda saved us some funds from these practically duplicate orders 🤣

@RGbrown  I mean, at the very least, we should live in the same town, right? 🤣 But just imagining our combined nail polish and lipstick hoards if we were roommates... so much money saved, yet so much product purchased! 

Heck, I somehow managed to talk myself out of some of the shades on your list; I had some of them in my cart before I started narrowing the field. I'm still trying to make myself not go back and order Poppy Papi and Darjeeling Darling, even though I'm certain I can dupe them. And A Little Underground still calls to me, so I need to look at my plums for a sanity check. I'll probably check my bright reds while I'm at it. If I hadn't just gotten Zoya Feifei, I'd have bought Bang the Dream because gunmetals and graphites always speak to me. But I'm super happy with Feifei. 🖤 

The S&C bottles are definitely pretty. I'm just rarely swayed by cosmetic packaging, except when it comes to usability design. I often use Pat McGrath as an example: Motherships could come in cardboard packaging instead of bulky plastic, and I'd still buy 'em for the quality of the shadows within. (Though hopefully the price would drop at least a bit; I assume cardboard packaging's less expensive than plastic for the brand.) Unless, of course, cardboard packaging resulted in Pat's baked shadows breaking because it might not be as sturdy as the plastic packaging, I dunno. And that'd be another usability issue to consider. Anyway, the sale price does have the added "yay, all the pretty bottles" benefit! 

@WinglessOne 

While packaging is a secondary concern for me, I am an absolute ho for a bargain on a luxe brand. Fancy *and* a deal gets my grabby hands moving in a hurry and it's almost always guaranteed that I'll go overboard (case in point right up above 🤣). I was so dang proud of my very first Luxetrance for $19, and then bought every single one I wanted when they hit $10 for BF that year. The PMG glitch back in March saw me picking up three full size blushes and a Divinyl for under $50 total even though I haven't really worn makeup in forever. I've got a $12.xx Hourglass Confessions lip on the way from Net A Porter. Deal hunting is my crack, and I have a very hard time passing up a deal that gets me prestige stuff, fancy packaging and all, for closer to drugstore pricing 🛍️ 

I've been sitting on a $100 cart of $3-5 Morgan Taylor polishes for a couple of weeks, not ready to spend that money quite yet. Looks like I'll be holding out a while longer now that I've blown it on S&C instead 😅

I can picture our display room, racks of polish on the walls and large shelves of everything else (bookcases with glass doors, perhaps? Gotta keep the dusting to a minimum), and a couple of vanities/polish stations and it is GLORIOUS 🤩 It's a shame I don't want to move north and you don't want to move south, meaning this will never come to fruition 😢😂

@RGbrown  🤣 I can't even think of an acceptable "in-between north and south" state we could move to. (No offense to the states between us, of course.) 

That PMG $10 lipstick sale was epic. Despite owning several shades by then, I still took advantage (because of course I did) and I'm glad you and other folks did too! The recent glitch was also a great opportunity. A lot of people bought their first Motherships that time. I suspect PMG will better monitor their ordering system from now on. 😂 Anyway, I totally understand the thrill of finding a great deal on higher end brands. 

@WinglessOne 

Offend them all...they need it (AL included, unfortunately). Sadly, the list of acceptable states is small, and I fear, well, I fear lots of things, but 2024 scares the begeezus out of me. Anyways, no politics and all, so yay, I'll just keep building that vanity/display room in my head and hunting prestige discounts instead! 🙃

🙈 Oh no @RGbrown ! I can’t resist a 70% off sale! Now I need to check it out! 😂😂

31,389 Replies
testing