Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

This is such a fun and sparkly mani @Saradestin! Great to hear you are loving the Pixie Dust polishes. The purple duo is gorgeous and that pop of yellow makes for a stunning manicure! 💜💛

Thank you so much @itsfi ! They are gorgeous and so long lasting as well! 

Gorgeous, @Saradestin ! 💜💛💜💛  Purple and yellow is one of my favorite color combinations! 🥰

Mine as well @Titian06 ! I really like it! 

@Saradestin 

Gorgeous! I'm so glad you're liking the Pixies! They are fantastic for folks that can deal with the texture, and the sparkle is amazing, especially considering the base color is usually a matte

I love this combo! I keep holding out on Solange, it's one of something like 3 of the originals that I don't own yet, I'm just not that fond of gold, but it makes a fabulous accent to the purples here, and my resolve may be weakening 😍 💜💛

Thank you so much @RGbrown ! Yes, I am loving the pixies so much! I was afraid I was not going to like the texture and that I would be touching and rubbing my nails constantly but I have been able to control myself (almost 😁)

@Saradestin 

Oh, I definitely can't control myself in that regard...I spend a lot of time mindlessly rubbing them, I love feeling the texture! 

While I have tons of reds, at some point I realized I didn't have that many super bright reds and orangey-reds, so I've been collecting a few, and hey, now I have enough for a skittles mani 😂

I used two coats on all of these, and they were all easy in that regard. Most are a touch sheer, still showing off a bit of my nail line, but they were mostly smooth and even in coverage and I was content without going for a third.

From pinky to thumb:

Morgan Taylor Big Bang Red: the reddest one here, this one definitely had a pink tint on the first coat. Very much a jelly/crelly, my nail line is pretty visible after two coats, but the coverage was super smooth and even. Glows under my UV light 👀

Revlon Ultra HD She's On Fire: super bright red crelly with just the slightest hint of orange. Still a hint of nail line, but not as much as my pinky.

Smith & Cult Poppy Papi: ever so slightly lighter than the Revlon, but dang near a dupe. The brush made this one a touch trickier to get down in two coats; I was mostly successful, but see a couple of thinner spots today. I don't have much nail line on this nail right now, but have a feeling this one would show it off as well if I did.

Zoya Marigold: fiery orange red with shimmer. Also still a bit sheer. 

Morgan Taylor Put A Wing On It: bright rusty orange shimmer. I'm not sure what the inspo was here, but the name and color scream hot wing sauce at me, and if so, they nailed it 😂 This one surprised me by being the only other polish in this batch that glowed under my UV light. 

IMG_20220719_143417953.jpg

IMG_20220719_143521401.jpg

To dress these up a bit, I added a coat of OPI All A'twitter In Glitter to my other hand. It's a mix of several colors of iridescent glitter in a clear base. When I look straight on, I mostly see gold, but as I shift my hand around, I catch a few pops of orange and green and blue and purple as well.

@RGbrown This is a spectacular mani! Oranges and orange-reds are next on my list of color families to build out a little more, so this is super helpful (and enabling!) 🧡❤️ I love the iridescence in the topper and the effect you created with it - it looks like a cascading stream of sparkles on the nails. 😍

@itsfi 

Thanks so much, and I'm more than happy to be of service 🛍 💸 😂

@RGbrown, you are of great service! 💅🏼🛍 💸💸 My goodness, if you received a commission for all your service, I’d think early retirement would be on the horizon soon, just with nail polishes alone! 😆

@itsfi I totally agree! I have purchased so much because of  @RGbrown ! 😅💸💸💸

@RGbrown Great red shade and pretty sparkles

@Mellmars1185 

Thanks so much! I'm loving these reds ❣️

I love red, in everything (clothes, nails, lips....) and these reds are spectacular! The sparkly top coat adds that special touch that I always love! ❤️ It is so funny that one of the reds glowed under the UV light. I would have not expected that from a red. Gorgeous mani @RGbrown ! 

@Saradestin 

Red is fab everywhere! Thanks so much! 💖

@RGbrown @So pretty. The topper is perfect. 😍

@SportyGirly125 

Thanks so much! The topper really adds a nice sparkle 

@RGbrown - I love these colors!!! ❤❤❤  The topper is fabulous!   To be honest, they all look the same to me, but that's OK.  This is my favorite shade of lipstick as well. 💄💋

@Titian06 

😂 The pic definitely doesn't quite show the subtle nuances in these...IRL, the biggest difference I can see clearly is when I put my thumb and pinky together, one is definitely red while the other is definitely orange. The rest are very subtly different from each other...even in person, it's hard to tell without scrutiny. 

Thanks so much! ❣️

This week I applied Blue Canoe with a fre Cookie Sprinkles.  This time I used a dotting tool to pick up the Sprinkles.  I used about 3/nail edges.  

296AAB8C-2A9B-4D6C-AB04-06519530EFAE.jpeg

8BB7FB4D-E265-4E35-9385-37E7E34874C3.jpeg

30,836 Replies
testing