Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@itsfi that looks so cute!!!!

@CookieGirl1, thank you! This was a fun one to do! 💅🏼 

@itsfi you just have an artistic eye.  I always get so stumped--which is partially why I rarely do any art.  

Pinky purples and purplish pinks 💜💖

IMG_20220728_125926140.jpg

Bright shade

IMG_20220728_125955552_HDR.jpg

Full sun

From pinky to thumb:

Turtle Tootsie Don't Be Afraid Of Your Own Mind: bright fuchsia cream with scattered holo and a smattering of small flakies (teal? purple? Hard to tell as they're so small). Super super easy two coater.

Morgan Taylor Sarong But So Right: stunningly bright purple-leaning fuchsia shimmer with hot pink microflakies. Maybe some gold too? I feel like I see some gold pinpoints as I move around, or maybe they're all gold and some look pink because they're deeper in the base. In any case, it's simple but sparkly and a gorgeous shade. Easy two coater.

Zoya Roxy: deep purple/berry jelly with hot pink glitter. This one went down a bit unevenly, I had to do three coats to balance out dark vs light spots. Not surprising since it's pretty sheer. 

OPI 7th & Flower: fuchsia cream, easy two coater. 

Morgan Taylor Samuri (not a typo, it's not Samurai as autocorrect and half the sites I've seen it at want it to be lol): a really interesting color, to me at least! It's a dusty plum that leans a bit towards raisin brown but also has a touch of pink to it, and it's got a generous pinch of coppery microflakies. To me, this one feels like it bridges neutral and fun pretty well...sedate enough to be "office appropriate" while still being a nice pop of sparkle and color. It was a touch sheer, so I used three coats, but they were easy, not fussy.

@RGbrown  Nailed it! 💅

@Mellmars1185 

Thanks so much! 💖💜

@RGbrown  oooo I am loving all the fuchsia colours you have been doing. I don’t see any teal flakes tho. Maybe they are tooo small?

@ather 

Thanks so much! 💜💖

The flakes in that one are *tiny* and there really aren't very many of them; they kinda show up as dark spots in my pics, but even so, they are hard to make out.

@RGbrown that Samuri color is my fav but I love plummy shades like that.

@CookieGirl1 

It's a stunner! Thanks so much! 💜

@RGbrown, I love this color family!!! All the polishes are beautiful but I think both the Morgan Taylor shades have my heart! 💜❤️

@itsfi 

MT wins this mani for me as well. Both of them really stand out in my mind (not that the competition wasn't fierce, they're all lovely, but those two really stole my heart!) 💜💖

@RGbrown Oooh I love this gradient look! So pretty! 

@Kim888 

Thanks so much!! 💖💜

Great colors, @RGbrown ! 💖💜💖💜  I particularly like Samuri.  I've seen both Samuri and 7th & Flower online, but had a hard time telling what they were supposed to look like.  Your mani is so helpful! 😍

@Titian06 

I hate that MT swatches can be few and far between, especially for their older polishes like Samuri. I've looked this one up a couple of times in the past and ruled it out as one to get because it just looked kinda bland, like a basic dusty rose or something, pretty but not really my jam. And then I saw it in store in Sally and went "wait, holy heck, that's way more purple and sparkly than I realized, I do need it after all!" 🤣 It is gorgeous IRL! 

I am loving so much your monochromatic series @RGbrown ! These are so beautiful. I cannot choose a favorite because they are all gorgeous in their own way. Another spectacular mani! 😍

@Saradestin 

Thanks so much! I've really been enjoying these skittles of late 💜💖

Londontown is up on GMADeals!!

Screenshot_20220728-123329.png

I'm tempted, I can put together a $30ish cart fairly easily, but am also cognizant of the fact that none of it will be terribly unique to my collection, so I may pass, no matter how much I like the brand. 🙃

GMA has lots of other good brands right now too...Sunday Riley, StriVectin, Elemis, Sara Happ, Black Girl Sunscreen, and a bunch more!

Thank you for keeping us always informed @RGbrown ! I will take a look but I hope not to find anything I want! 😅

We have about a 2 week layoff at work so I finally got to paint my nails! I kept messing up, I gave up on the other hand lol. The sparkles and black ones are getting tossed. 

Nails.jpg

30,816 Replies
testing