Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Did two different mani's again, because I wanted to stamp, but I also wanted to try out some of my new polishes from Night Owl Lacquer! A big thank you to @RGbrown for introducing me to this brand and enabling this purchase! This was actually the only BF deal I took part of and I do not regret it! I'll definitely be buying more in the very near future!

9A75BBD7-A15A-477E-B772-41750D41750A.jpeg

Attempted a stamp gradient. Not perfect, but not bad for my first time.

Pinky: Maniology Psychedelic Stereo. 

Middle: Maniology Cosmic Latte

Thumb: Maniology Littlefoot

Ring & index: base is Morgan Taylor Cashmere Kind of Gal, stamped with the 3 colors listed above. 

2 coats for each, though they were all pretty much opaque with one.

D3A49FC5-80D5-403E-892E-DDBC00712862.jpeg

Night Owl Lacquer holos. Of course the picture doesn't do them justice- I couldn't capture the depth and multicolors of the holo sparkles, but these are just so beautiful! 

Index: Green Metallic Holo - green base with bright green, orange & yellow metallic flakes and holo micro flakes. 3 coats.

Middle: Sapphire - sapphire blue jelly with holographic flakes. 2 coats

Ring: Indigo Metallic Holo - Indigo base with bright multicolor metallic flakes & holo micro flakes. 3 coats.

Pinky: Violet Metallic Holo - Violet base base with bright multicolor metallic flakes & holo micro flakes. 3 coats

Another picture of the Violet holo taken with a flash. It's a little blurry, but you can kinda see the multicolor effect a little better👇

Spoiler
FFC62394-333D-4530-ADF5-FA272E6F929E.jpeg

@Shosh85  Ooo I think you did an awesome job at the stamping!! I thought it was a sticker it. Looked so perfect 

That's the greatest compliment ever! Thanks so much @ather! ❤️😃

loving the holos and the stamping @Shosh85 so cute!

Thank you so much @makeitup305! Holos are definitely a weakness of mine! 😃

@Shosh85 

FANTASTIC! I'll agree with everyone, you crushed the stamping! And I love your holo skittles 😍 Night Owl makes such great polish! 

Thank you SO much @RGbrown!!! I really enjoy the process of stamping, so even though it didn't turn out exactly how I imagined, I still had fun doing it!

I appreciate the Night Owl recommendation! I'm really loving their polish and still have a few more to try. I'll definitely be buying more, but it is just so hard to choose - I just want them all 😂

@Shosh85 

I hated having to whittle down my Night Owl cart, and am definitely working on a list for another round ❣️

Wow @Shosh85 ! That’s SPECTACULAR! I haven’t tried any polish from Night Owl, but I am sure I will sooner or later, because I love what I am seeing so much! And how cute does the logo look? 🦉 I love it! 

But what about that gradient stamping wonder? 😵😵😵❤️❤️❤️ Impressive! It looks so beautiful!

I tried once (when I was looking for polishes in my collection that worked for stamping) and it really came out so beautiful (so sad that I had my nails done and it ended up on a plastic bag... 😅

F9D41AF6-16FB-4FCF-86A2-E35F9DBBFA3E.png

You are so sweet, thank you so much @Saradestin! Your gradient turned out beautiful! I think my problem is that the stamp I used wasn't the best choice to show off the gradient effect - to me it looks more like I just did a reverse stamp. I still think it looks cute, just not exactly what I was going for 🤷‍

Practice makes perfect!

I'm really pleased with everything I bought from Night Owl and am already building another cart for a future purchase! I really like the logo too! 🦉

I find your gradient stamping just perfect @Shosh85 , but keep trying! 😁 I want to enjoy more stunning manicures! 😍

I agree with everyone @Shosh85 it's so well done.  We are our own worst critics sometimes, enjoy your job well done 🥰

@CynthieLu  Yup, that is so true! I appreciate everyone's encouragement! Thank you so much! 😊

@Shosh85  Your stamping looks perfect to me😀 These are beautiful colors. Those Night Owl Lacquer’s are outstanding 🤩

Thank you so much @Cissy63!

The Night Owl polishes have really impressed me! I'll definitely be back for more, but it's so hard to choose! 😃

@Shosh85  I'd say you crushed a gradient stamp, not "attempted"! It looks perfect to me. 🙂 

Thank you so much @WinglessOne, that means a lot! Sometimes my perfectionism/OCD's makes me a little over critical 😅

@Shosh85 girl, you could've fooled me that it was your first time stamping!  That turned out fabulous 🙂

Thank you so much @CookieGirl1!! It's actually not my first time stamping, just my first time trying a stamp gradient. It's not as bad as I was expecting it'd be for my first time! 😃

Ahhhh @Shosh85, I'm so impressed with you multi-shade stamping! It looks beautiful! Would not have guessed this was your first time attempting a nail gradient - it looks so good! Those NOL holo polishes are stunning! 😍

Thanks so much @itsfi! Eventually I'll try just a regular gradient, but I'm just not ready yet 😅 I think I'll do a few more stamp gradients first and warm up to it 😉

I'm really loving Night Owl! Can't wait to pick up more! 

30,836 Replies
testing