Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

9.27.2024 Nails (Kiss imPress press-ons).jpg

I had plans for a SEPHORiA mani, but unfortunately, those went out the door as I was literally packing up until the last minute 😬 and I was pretty rough on my nails the week leading up to the event. 😞. Not a problem. A mini shopping trip with a few of the other ambassadors involved an Ulta and this set of Kiss imPress press-on nails. I've only started dabbling into press-on nails but so far this brand, and particularly their short nails, are the ones I prefer. These came with nail stickers attached to the inside of the press-on nails. My nails were all different lengths; the press-ons for the thumb and index fingernails were juuuuust barely longer than my real nails. 

In hindsight, I could have been more diligent with placement of the index fingernail on this hand. I literally finished applying these about 5 minutes before we planned to meet downstairs to head to Day 2's sessions. Rushing this wasn't a great idea as I kept getting my hair caught in between the press-ons and my natural nails when I ran my fingers through my hair, and even as I was taking out my hair clip. (yes, @ather, this is definitely a 'con' to press-ons 😐, but I'm not sure I'm ready quite yet to try using glue). I only had these on for a day, but they were easy to remove and I can use them again another day.

Tagging @Mellmars1185, did you take a pic of your mani for SEPHORiA? Hoping you did and are up for uploading a new post of it here. It was so pretty. 💅   

So I got bored of the other nails and decided to try another set! These are also Olive and June and this time I tried the glue! 

IMG_1424.jpeg

 hard to see the design but it is called Smoke signals I believe! 

I can see the design! @ather, this is very pretty with a mysterious kind of vibe. 🔮😍

This set is gorgeous, @ather ! 🥰  I love the color and design.

@Titian06  Thank you! 😊 

Spoiler

@ather those are lovely 

@CorgiMommy  Thank you! 😊 

@ather  beautiful set, perfect for fall! I am also curious to know how these work for you, and if you end up preferring the stickers/tabs or the glue. I just ordered some stuff from Olive & June, so looking forward to trying this brand!

@caitbird  So I have used both the sticker tabs and glue. I like both for different reasons. The sticker tabs have lasted me up to 13 days but not consistently. I can get a good 10 days out of them. They claim up to 7 so definitely a win for me. I like the sucker tabs because they don’t damage my nails and when I am ready I can just pull them off. Easy to change up. 

Glue on was a struggle at first. The first set I used the glue included in the container and I made a mess. They only lasted maybe 7 days and was frustrating but I think it takes time to really learn how to apply. I am not a quitter so I tried again and had no better luck and third time same. I could get 7-8 days and they popped off. After that I started to research a bit more. I also was reading the brush on glue was easier. So I ordered more and got the brush on glue. I applied a primer this time too and this time they didn’t budge. When I was ready to take them off they didn’t want to move. They lasted 14 days but I was tired of them. So they came off after lots of work. But I was happy that they actually were sticking. This is my next set since those and so far I am on day 6 and no signs of lifting. So I feel like I have cracked the code for applying them! I bought 5 pairs of Halloween nails 2 sticker tabs and 3 glue ones so if they all last I won’t use all of them! I hope you have good luck with them. I also find the glue ones fit my nails a tad better than the tabs. The price is also a reason I have gone with Olive and June. There’s some on Amazon and they are double the price and there is a Canadian brand that is triple the price. And have less nail sizes to choose from! My nails are finally at the length where I can paint them again. But lately polish isn’t staying on so I need to crack that code next! 

@ather  thanks so much for sharing your experience, that is very helpful! I'm glad you have figured out a system and this brand is working well for you! If I could get a set of press ons to last for a week or even 2 that would be amazing, so I will definitely do as you suggested! I ordered some of the glue ons and some with the sticker tabs so I will experiment to see what works best for me.

That's exciting!! @caitbird 😃 I hope you have fun experimenting. What kind of styles did you order? something for Halloween? 🎃

You captured the smoke design on the nails beautifully @ather. 😃 Autumnal vibes with the mani against  your pretty rust orange shirt sleeve. Let me know how the glue press-ons perform for you. And if you have a preference for stickers or glue. 

@itsfi  I have had these on now for 6 days and they seem to be sticking! They feel pretty strong! I like them both. 

Sticker tabs are great they seem to last me 10 days and I love how they are easily removable. They do their job. They don’t damage my nails which has helped them grow out better. I like these ones because they are easily changed. I dislike they sometimes lift and my hair will stick in it. And pulls. They are great when I want to apply them fast without any fuss. 

glue on ones are a bit more tricky to apply. I seemed to have cracked the code to make them last which has been better. First few sets didn’t last more than 7 days. Sometimes I just want my nails done and I don’t want to fuss with them all the time. These has been helpful when I am having a few busy weeks and don’t have time to change my nails or play with them. I haven’t found the glue has damaged my nails either. I do need to work on removal. I saw a spray for press on nails on Amazon and I am curious if it works and what the ingredients are. Removal of the glue ones are my least favourite. I don’t want to damage my nails. The glue on actually fit my nails better too. I should buy an extra pack of the stickers to use as the sticker tabs. I also like how the glue on ones make it feel like it’s stronger of a hold. And no moisture gets in. The sticker ones make me worried if I was going on a vacation I wouldn’t want a bunch of water trapped under them. 

I guess more research is needed! 

Cupcake nails for my birthday 🫶🏽🫶🏽 IMG_0492.jpeg

IMG_0491.jpeg

@Kourtnie88  Happy birthday month! These are gorgeous! 

Thank you so much!

Very cute @Kourtnie88 

Thank you!!

@Kourtnie88  I love these, they are so adorable! I saw the picture before I read your post and I thought, "that looks just like frosting and sprinkles!" Happy birthday! 💜

Exactly what I was going for! Lol thank you 💗

testing