Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@CynthieLu Thank you. I have never heard of this brand. However, if I see this in the stores I would pick up more. The brush was a little tricky to use. Maybe it was just this bottle

Oooh, a Sparitual polish @Mellmars1185! They were my intro to vegan nail polish. Seeing the bottle again made me smile. As did seeing that gorgeous deep red / wine polish - it's beautiful, and the finish of the polish looks great. Excellent color for Valentine's Day nails. 😍

@itsfi Thank you. I did not realize it was vegan polish. I am on day 3 now and only a few chips. It is wearing well.

I love red polishes and that one is stunning @Mellmars1185! Gorgeous mani! ❤️❤️

@Saradestin Thank you ! This was my first time trying this polish. After cleaning out my stash I found some nail polishes 😁

Such a great winter color @Mellmars1185 

@Kim888 Thank you very much. It has been chilly here ❄️

@Mellmars1185 

Wow wow wow, that's a gorgeous wine red, absolutely stunning! 😍

@RGbrown Thank you so much. This is my attempt at Valentine's nails 🤭

Gorgeous color, @Mellmars1185 ! 🤩

@Titian06 Thank you very much ☺️

@Mellmars1185  Oh it’s stunning 😍.  What color is it?

@Cissy63Thank you. It was GWP from my hair salon. It was my first time trying this brand. The shade is Epicurean Shimmer by Sparitual

@Mellmars1185  It’s so beautiful 🤩. Enjoy it.

Do y'all ever have comedy of errors manis, where it's just one mess after another? That was this one for me 🎭

Black Dahlia Mystery (14, my number): vivid pink linear holo; in the bottle I see a myriad of tiny flakies, but they all seem to meld into one on the nail or else disappear under the linear holo pigment as I can't really pick them out anymore. Decently strong rainbow that my camera mostly seems to ignore, sadly. This one was super thick and needed two rounds of thinner to get it to an easily spreadable state, but even thinned down, this was a super easy one coater. I always do two, and my index has three because I smudged the heck out of both the first and second coats (and my nail polish table has a lovely smear of this polish on it now too 😆)

Night Owl Snapdragon: bright lime crelly loaded with gold shimmer and pink/yellow/green shifting flakies. Three coater for opacity, but easy, with four on the thumb thanks to me being a complete klutz.

Gucci Melinda Green: bright grassy green cream, super easy two coater, nice formula, good brush...I stand by my "worthy splurge" endorsement if anyone is willing to pay that much for a bottle (I'm not, but yay for fancy Xmas presents 😂)

Topped the Gucci off with a few glitters from the Cirque Hocus Pocus glitter pot. Turns out the middle one I placed was two stuck together...as soon as I got what I thought was one down on the nail, the top one revealed itself by shifting a wee bit, but I couldn't get it back up without screwing up the polish (I tried, got a few wrinkles, decided to stop before making it worse lol). Then I noticed black fuzz got stuck in here at some point too, sigh. Also transferred a little sparkle from the BDL to this nail via topcoat (but I'm never upset by that, ha!)

I'm loving the end result regardless of the trouble it took to get here. I need spring and warm weather to show soon! 🌱

IMG_20230205_122719433_HDR.jpg

Full sun

IMG_20230205_115553784.jpg

Indirect light

IMG_20230205_122901547.jpg

Flash

Springtime feels @RGbrown! Pink and green always make for a pretty color combination. I love the brightness of both greens and that sparkly pink is a beauty! You have so much patience to use the glitter pots - the color of the glitter looks great against the Gucci green and actually matches perfectly with the BDL Mystery shade. I found that my Black Dahlia Lacquer polishes are the thickest ones I have, other than polishes that have been sitting out in an unopen bottle for a while. 

I'm sorry your mani time with this beautiful set was so tempermental. I admit I did chuckle when I read the comedy of errors comment because I feel like there's at least one mani every month that fits that bill. At least one. Hahaha! These did come out beautifully and I'm all for the spring cheer it brings. 

@itsfi 

It can't be easy every single time, right? (Why though, why can't it be easy every single time? 😂)

I dunno why I keep buying loose glitters and such, I've got probably 8-10 different ones now, many completely unused, others I've used a very few pieces just once. I like the idea of them way more than I like having to actually mess with them 😆

Lo @RGbrown. Glitter just has a way of pulling you in! I completely understand liking the idea of them - they’re dazzling until they’re all over your table, floor…or when you find them at other times in pockets, books, your hair. 😂 But they sure are pretty and hard to resist. 

@RGbrown I wish that MY errors ended up looking that fab! 😂

@CookieGirl1 

Thanks so much! I'm thrilled with how it came out despite the continual eye rolling and heavy sighs every time I screwed another one up 😂

The path may have been tough but the results are gorgeous @RGbrown! Beautiful polishes! And yes to all “worthy splurges”!!! 😁

13 Replies
testing