Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@Saradestin 

Ha, yup, it had to go...too many air bubbles around the stars and the rest of the imperfections were bothering me, so it was time 😋 Thanks so much! 

Very nice, @RGbrown !  Really like MT Enchanted Patina.  I've looked at it a number of times, but thought it would be too sheer.  Now I'll have to give it a go.  Love A England...probably because I have that color and think it's gorgeous! 💜💜💜

@Titian06 

Thank you!

I've had it in my head that Enchanted Patina was "just" a topper, but I really wasn't much of a fan of it that way, it was a bit too streaky/uneven for me, and evening it out was starting to lift my base color, so I had to stop messing with it. Whenever I take this one off, I'm gonna do up one or two test nails of it without anything underneath to see how it looks without a pink base; there is a pink shift in the bottle, so I don't think it'll be too terribly different, perhaps a bit softer. Looking back now at old blog posts from the release of this collection, it was billed as a topper-slash-standalone shade, though the topper aspect was pushed pretty heavily, and some bloggers didn't even swatch it alone...I guess that's how I got "just a topper" stuck in my head 😋 

Have been testing out some polish pairings over the last couple of weeks trying to figure out what Thanksgiving Day nails will look like, and I think I’ll go with this combo after I've finish making my contributions to the dinner. At least that's the plan ... for now. 😉 

Zoya Cinnamon + CG 50 Shimmering Years.jpg

Thumb, index & middle fingers - Zoya Cinnamon is a chocolate-y brown metallic. Very pretty. This is two coats, but one would have worked out nicely too.

Ring finger - China Glaze 50 Shimmering Years, 2 coats. It's a shiny pale gold-brown holo glitter - looks great worn alone or as a topper. 

Pinky - Zoya Cinnamon topped with one coat of China Glaze 50 Shimmering 

@itsfi  Cinnamon is so pretty. Perfect for thanksgiving! 

Thank you @ather! I just needed to find the right shade of brown polish for me! 🤎

@itsfi  What type of brown are you looking for?

Oh whoops, I may have misspoken @ather. Sorry. I like the browns here, along with another Zoya brown polish that I have (Zoya Autumn) so my previous aversion to them was more the result of not finding ones like Cinnamon and Autumn (and the topper here). 

@itsfi  Ahhh you didn’t miss speak at all. Apparently I can’t read 🤣 

@ather😂 that is me so often! 

@itsfi  Excellent combo from Thanksgiving.  The brown Zola Cinnamon caught my eye.  I’m not usually a fan of the color as it doesn’t look good on my nails But I like the gleam coming from it a whole lot!!

@Cissy63, thank you! You know, before this year, I had maybe, may be, one brown polish. 😬 And now, I have … more than one. 🤣

I was a little nervous about picking up this Cinnamon one  (and the Autumn shade from Zoya) but I’m happy with both. Will post Autumn another day. The metallic in Cinnamon really adds a nice gleam to it that is lovely and keeps it from being just a brown polish.   

@itsfi  This is such a great combo! Definitely giving me fall/Thanksgiving vibes! So pretty! 😍

Thank you @Shosh85! I can’t believe Thanksgiving is coming up so quickly. Will be fun to have these shades on my nails for the holiday! 🦃 

I can understand why are you leaning on this mani as the winner for your Thanksgiving Day @itsfi . It looks both elegant and festive. Great color and texture selection! 

Thank you @Saradestin! I'm not usually a fan of brown nail polish - in eyeshadows, they make up the vast majority of what I own, but when it comes to nail polish, I rarely pick up any and if I do, it has been more because I felt like I needed a shade in my collection. lol. I'm certainly very happy that I picked up these two polishes, at some point, to have in my collection. The sparkly one makes such a pretty topper - part of me wants to see what that particular color looks like on top of all my brown or brown-leaning polishes. 

@itsfi I don’t have any brown polish and I have picked a few brownish tones today taking advantage of that Zoya bundle sale. I will wait for BF for more potential picks 😁

There are some beautiful polishes in those Zoya bundles @Saradestin! 😃

Aren’t they beautiful @itsfi? I struggled to only choose three! 😅

The struggle is real @Saradestin when it comes to not overdoing it on the polish hauls, especially when Zoya has one of its good deals! 😆 I still haven’t gotten through all my polishes from my last Zoya haul. Oops. 😬 Excited to see what you picked up! 💅🏼 

Me neither @itsfi 🙈🙈🙈🙈

2 Replies
testing