Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Awesome color, @Saradestin ! 💛💛💛  Thanks for sharing and for having the patience for five coats of polish! 😝

I get so excited about the idea of seeing the full opacity experience that I don’t mind the time it takes to get there, @Titian06 . And then, the results are so beautiful, that make it worth it! ❤️

This past week’s mani was simple but so beautiful! The polish lasted like new the entire week, and I have been cleaning, scrubbing, digging, planting, cooking.... all with no gloves. Impressive! But I needed to apply a bunch of layers to get full opacity. Well worth it! I used LynB thermal polish in A Little Nonsense. It goes from a gorgeous purple to a beautiful blue. It is packed with pink flakes that make it just perfect! 

The first two pictures show the thermal on hot stage, in beautiful blue:

C24876FE-066B-4309-8182-6F9293B76998.jpegDBF3C3CB-2A03-4571-814B-8555B9A94FAF.jpeg

Here is the gorgeous purple cold stage with hot tips more blue

36F761E3-BAF2-4D61-8017-BDA1AD10132F.jpeg

Here under artificial bathroom light, hot fingers and cold tips

704F0C2F-85ED-4456-93E0-6D7513DB53A2.jpeg

Look at these gorgeous pink flakes! 

A018EBB9-6F1B-4BA4-BA75-C40C9331B6DD.jpeg

@Saradestin these thermal polishes are just so cool to me!! 💙

Aren’t they @Skunk12puzzola ? 😃 They are so much fun! And I was missing it! I am glad that this community opened my eyes to this amazing thermal world! 😍

wow ! @Saradestin what an amazing shade!

Thank you so much @makeitup305 ! It is truly amazing! 

Wow @Saradestin! This polish and all its shifts are spectacularly! 🤩 Those flakes are beautiful! 

Thank you @itsfi ! It is a gorgeous polish full of surprises! 💜💙

@Saradestin 

What a gorgeous polish! Purple always catches my eye, but there isn't a shift here that isn't equally beautiful! 😍💜💙💕

It is really beautiful @RGbrown! I am loving it so much! 

Great thermal colors and flakies, @Saradestin ! 💙💜💖  Love all the pics, too! 📷

It is a gorgeous polish @Titian06 ! I love it so much! It has a very noticeable color shift! 💙💜

A twist on a rainbow mani

Rainbow.jpg

I went through a few attempts at different rainbow mani’s and settled on this after being inspired by a post on Pinterest.

One coat of Essie Mademoiselle as the base for each nail. Two coats for all other colors except for the thinner line on the index and pinky fingers, which took 3 coats.

Thumb:

• Essie Exhibit A-Line - coral creme; I like that it’s a true coral color, doesn’t lean too orange, or pink, or red 
  • OPI Coca-Cola Red - bright red creme; no pink or orange undertones to it that I could pick up. I had forgotten OPI and Coca-Cola did a collab and that I had this shade.

Index:

• OPI Meet A Boy Cute As Can Be - pastel yellow creme; while I think the name is fun and the actual shade is really nice, this was the fussiest of all the polishes I used for this mani. Applied pasty and streaky and I ended up having to redo it three times.
  • OPI Marigolden Hour - bold, bright, sunny marigold creme; photo leans more yellow than IRL where it pulls a lot more orange-yellow like I would expect of a marigold color.

Middle: 

• OPI Pear-adise Cove - yellow-green leaning pear (almost neon looking) creme. This is the most unique shades of all the polishes in this mani. It may be that I just don't have a lot of greens in my collection, but I haven't seen a lot of greens like this.
  • OPI I Do It My Run-Way - dark evergreen creme. I don't reach for this often but I'm reminded how much I like this color every time I do.

Ring:

• OPI Fearlessly Alice - bright sky blue creme. I *think* this is Fearlessly Alice - the sticker came off the bottom of the bottle at some point. 
  • OPI Ring In the Blue Year - deep cobalt blue creme; this one has a certain pep to it that comes through more layered next to the sky blue polish. 

Pinky: 

• OPI Lavendurable - a very, very, very pale, pastel lavender creme; the other challenging shade to work with. Went on chalky and pulled a bit.
  • OPI Polly Want a Lacquer? - pastel lavender creme; it leans more purple and less dusty on my nails than it appears in the bottle.

@itsfi @I love this look - I’m so into the half natural half neon vibe this year 

@Kim888, thank you! The contrast makes for a striking presentation. 😊 

@itsfi such a fun mani 💞

@Skunk12puzzola, thank you. 

@itsfi that's so cute! and trendy, too! I love how you paired the shades.

@makeitup305, thank you. I’ve wanted to do something similar to this for a while but never had enough patience for it. 😂 It wasn’t my first plan but I’m happy with how it came out. I cackled at it being on trend; I’m typically behind the trend or trying to catch up to it. 😝 

@itsfi 

Lots of (good) expletives running through my head with this one...things like "holy sheet" and "effing fabulous" 😍😍😍 I love all of these combos so much!!

1 Reply
testing