Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Thank you @itsfi ! It is a gorgeous polish full of surprises! 💜💙

@Saradestin 

What a gorgeous polish! Purple always catches my eye, but there isn't a shift here that isn't equally beautiful! 😍💜💙💕

It is really beautiful @RGbrown! I am loving it so much! 

Great thermal colors and flakies, @Saradestin ! 💙💜💖  Love all the pics, too! 📷

It is a gorgeous polish @Titian06 ! I love it so much! It has a very noticeable color shift! 💙💜

A twist on a rainbow mani

Rainbow.jpg

I went through a few attempts at different rainbow mani’s and settled on this after being inspired by a post on Pinterest.

One coat of Essie Mademoiselle as the base for each nail. Two coats for all other colors except for the thinner line on the index and pinky fingers, which took 3 coats.

Thumb:

• Essie Exhibit A-Line - coral creme; I like that it’s a true coral color, doesn’t lean too orange, or pink, or red 
  • OPI Coca-Cola Red - bright red creme; no pink or orange undertones to it that I could pick up. I had forgotten OPI and Coca-Cola did a collab and that I had this shade.

Index:

• OPI Meet A Boy Cute As Can Be - pastel yellow creme; while I think the name is fun and the actual shade is really nice, this was the fussiest of all the polishes I used for this mani. Applied pasty and streaky and I ended up having to redo it three times.
  • OPI Marigolden Hour - bold, bright, sunny marigold creme; photo leans more yellow than IRL where it pulls a lot more orange-yellow like I would expect of a marigold color.

Middle: 

• OPI Pear-adise Cove - yellow-green leaning pear (almost neon looking) creme. This is the most unique shades of all the polishes in this mani. It may be that I just don't have a lot of greens in my collection, but I haven't seen a lot of greens like this.
  • OPI I Do It My Run-Way - dark evergreen creme. I don't reach for this often but I'm reminded how much I like this color every time I do.

Ring:

• OPI Fearlessly Alice - bright sky blue creme. I *think* this is Fearlessly Alice - the sticker came off the bottom of the bottle at some point. 
  • OPI Ring In the Blue Year - deep cobalt blue creme; this one has a certain pep to it that comes through more layered next to the sky blue polish. 

Pinky: 

• OPI Lavendurable - a very, very, very pale, pastel lavender creme; the other challenging shade to work with. Went on chalky and pulled a bit.
  • OPI Polly Want a Lacquer? - pastel lavender creme; it leans more purple and less dusty on my nails than it appears in the bottle.

@itsfi @I love this look - I’m so into the half natural half neon vibe this year 

@Kim888, thank you! The contrast makes for a striking presentation. 😊 

@itsfi such a fun mani 💞

@Skunk12puzzola, thank you. 

@itsfi that's so cute! and trendy, too! I love how you paired the shades.

@makeitup305, thank you. I’ve wanted to do something similar to this for a while but never had enough patience for it. 😂 It wasn’t my first plan but I’m happy with how it came out. I cackled at it being on trend; I’m typically behind the trend or trying to catch up to it. 😝 

@itsfi 

Lots of (good) expletives running through my head with this one...things like "holy sheet" and "effing fabulous" 😍😍😍 I love all of these combos so much!!

Awww, thank you so much @RGbrown! This one wore me out. 😆 But also gave me some color combos I may want to use in future nail art projects. 

Wow @itsfi ! This is simply amazing! So original, creative, colorful, gorgeous! I love it!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Awww, thank you @Saradestin! 😊 You're so kind and encouraging, always. In my head, doing these designs doesn't take as long as they actually ending up taking. Hahaha! 

I can imagine @itsfi ! I don’t think I would be able to get even close! 😍😍😍

OMGosh, @itsfi , your mani is fabulous! 🤩  I love the color combos--very creative! ❤💛💚💙💜  The coral/red is probably my fave, but that marigold color is wonderful too.

Thank you @Titian06! 😃 I hadn’t originally planned on this pattern but by the time I made my way to testing it out on my pinky, ring and middle fingers, I had to commit. lol.

Would you believe the coral/red combo almost didn’t happen? 😱 I was going to see about decluttering some OPI polishes, to make room for my incoming Zoya orders. I had the hardest time trying to open the bottles on the red and orange polishes I originally picked out, so I went back to my bin and grabbed these two. So happy I did. I really like them on their own and paired together. 🥰

And now for something completely different

Screenshot_20220624-132958.png

Just kidding, it's another rainbow 🤭

This set is indirectly courtesy of @WinglessOne; her recent mani with Zoya Alia led me down the jelly rabbit hole during their sale, and I realized I somehow didn't have any of their jelly holos (how?!?!) so I bought them all! There is a sixth one, Harper, it's a pink base with the same mix of shimmer and glitter, but it's definitely creamier, giving it more opacity and hiding more of the glitter, leading to a slightly different look overall, so it felt like the right one to leave out of this set.

Zoya calls them holo, but I'm not sure I agree with that. The glitter seems to be iridescent...shifting though 2-3 colors, not the full rainbow. They used a lot of different colors of iridescent glitter, such that the rainbow is fully represented, but that doesn't really make this a "holo" polish. They are all still gorgeous, I'm definitely not knocking the polishes, just the incorrect terminology!

The sheer base made these into three-coaters for me, not fussy though. All have a generous helping of gold shimmer and the aforementioned iridescent glitters, and sparkle best in the shade and even somewhat low interior light...direct sun or bright light seems to blot out the glitters in favor of the gold shimmer. Smooth after one coat of topcoat.

From pinky to thumb: Jesy, Alma, Stassi, Muse, Binx

IMG_20220624_132044486.jpg

Shade

IMG_20220624_132119928_HDR.jpg

Full sun

BTW, today's the last day of the Zoya sale, so if you've been pondering another cart, it's go time!

Amazing @RGbrown ! So beautiful! 🧡💛💚💙💜

testing