Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@itsfi I think my hands are long so this pose does not work the greatest for me. My next few poses may be different to find what looks/works best for these big paws!

@Mellmars1185 

Ooohhh, lovely color! I picked it up recently myself, but haven't used it yet...it's nice to see it on someone else!

Posing is weirdly difficult and takes some getting used to, but you'll figure out a position that works for you 🙂 I like to clench and release a fist a few times first to loosen up my fingers a bit (especially when it's cold) before trying a few shots to see which one (if any, lol) came out best. Lotsa folks like to hold something, like a polish bottle or really any random object you've got laying around...it can make that pose feel more natural and less forced. 

@RGbrown Great suggestions! Thank you!

@Mellmars1185 You made me laugh so much with your claw comment! So funny! 😂 Now seriously, beautiful nail polish! 😍

@Mellmars1185  Oooo loving this colour!!! I go between long and short also!! I actually like short nails!!

@ather Thanks. I like the short nails too. Mine normally break because of the cleaning and other things I do around the house. Maybe if I wear gloves that would help 🤭

@Mellmars1185 I wear gloves and mine end up breaking as well. 😓 I need a break from cleaning 😁

@Saradestin Agreed! Let's take a break and assign someone else the cleaning duties. For the sake of our nails! 🤭

Nice color, @Mellmars1185 ! 💖💖💖  You could try laying your hand on your thigh or on the arm of a chair or couch.  (This is one of mine from I don't remember when.)

British Racing Green.JPG

@Titian06 Thanks! I think I can do that! Nice mani! 

More of a swatch set than anything cohesive today, but yay, my super old polishes are almost done!

Right hand, multichrome shifters

It is grey and cloudy and drizzly today, and the shifts aren't playing nicely with my camera (or perhaps it's more my camera being ornery). I can see them IRL, but they absolutely won't show up when I snap a pic, so you'll just have to take my word for it that these are fairly decent multis. They aren't quite ILNP strong, but they do shift noticeably in person.

Pinky and ring: Morgan Taylor Morph With Me

Bronze to gold to green, and somewhat surprisingly, it was an easy two coater...I halfway expected to need three.

Middle and index: Essence Intergalactic Adventure

Purple to blue to teal, easy two coater. Having been unimpressed with other drugstore shifters in the past, I kinda assumed this one would be disappointing and I've let it sit around unused since April 2018 😳 I am glad to say that was a terrible decision, as it's really and truly quite pretty IRL. The teal was a surprise, it's not visible in the bottle, and I audibly squealed when I first saw it last night 😋

Thumb: China Glaze Holee Shift

Greenish grey to rosy purple shift, along the lines of Essie For The Twill Of It and Londontown Skyline Reflect. Easy two coater, but a color I have in spades already. 

IMG_20220227_105554749.jpg

Left hand, a bit of a random mix of leftovers 😋

Thumb and index, Kiko Power Pro 081

A silvery sage green shimmer, super easy two coater

Middle: Marc Jacobs Purple Glaze

A deep purple jelly. I wouldn't ordinarily wear this alone, but wanted a swatch shot for my album. It went on smooth and easy, this is three coats to build the color up a bit. 

Skipping to the pinky for a sec, this is OPI This Shade Is Blossom, and it is proof positive that I will buy any-dang-thing if it's cheap enough (less than $2). I got home from Sally's and pulled it out of the bag and immediately went "wait, what have I done? What was I thinking??" 🤣 This is a yellow champagne shimmer base with very unconventional silver glitter...they aren't flat, but crimped, I guess to resemble flower petals? And this is one where the glitter all sinks to the bottom of the bottle immediately...you must shake it right before use if you want any of them on your nails. Four coats here to build up opacity, it wasn't fussy, just sheer, and while it did cover the staining, it didn't hide my nail line. 

Ring: MJ + OPI

I have to say, as much as I dislike both of these on their own, they look really pretty together 💕 Five coats total (MJ, OPI, MJ, OPI, MJ), and the end result is a super nice raisiny shimmer. I'm looking forward to playing with the MJ one in particular a bit more, see what other sorts of jelly sandwich looks I can create!

IMG_20220227_105747199.jpg

@RGbrown, I have the Kiko 081 in my cart and your nails just convinced me that shade will not fall victim to my efforts to whittle down my shopping cart; thank you. 😂 That MJ + OPI duo turned out really pretty! 😍 

Wait, Essence has nail polish?! I've either missed it completely or the stores near me that carry the brand do not carry their nail polish. The Intergalactic Adventure shade is beautiful. 💙 

@itsfi 

Once upon a time, Ulta carried Essence nail polish...I wish now that I had grabbed a couple more from this series before they cleared it all out. On their site, the brand only has one line anymore, their Shine Last & Go stuff, which looks like mostly basic creams with a couple of shimmers...not sure they do much in the way of fun stuff like this one anymore 😞

Happy to help with the Kiko dilemma 🤣

@RGbrown ,

(Left hand) - These pulled me into this thread!  They are so pretty!  Love this!  💖

And- (Right hand) Your nails look fabulous!

@tsavorite 

Oh wow, thanks so much! Happy to see you here! ❣️

@RGbrown Wow! So beautiful! Your nails look like a sample from a magazine! Always so beautiful and so many colors! 😍

@Saradestin 

Aw, thanks so much! ❣️

@RGbrown  Oooo lots of fun colours!! I like the CG one!

@ather 

Thanks so much! It's a really fun one...too bad I couldn't show off the shifts, but it's even better in person!

@RGbrown - Your right hand looks wonderful!  I especially like the MT color. 💛 On your left hand, I like how nicely the MJ and OPI colors combined; individually, not very impressive. 🤨

@Titian06 

It's amazing how nice that mix turned out...I tried it on paper first and thought "eh, it'll be fine I guess", but I really liked once it was on my nail.

"Not very impressive" is about the nicest thing I could say about that OPI polish. What was I thinking? 🤣

testing