Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

i just use liquid latex... simply peel is a good one if y...

i just use liquid latex... simply peel is a good one if you don't have a latex allergy
Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@annypoo

I tried the Elmer's Glue trick - you paint it on like you would the latex tape stuff - it worked really well but it took a lot of time. I decided it was easier to clean up with those Nail Tees and polish remover:

https://www.amazon.com/Fran-Wilson-Nail-Cotton-Count/dp/B00NFUFQYC/ref=sr_1_7_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=15105...

Reminds me of when I use to put elmer's glue on my hand as a kid, and peel it:P

@annypoo

I've found that laying my base coat carefully, about 1/8 inch or so from my cuticles along the base of my nails, really helps me keep from painting too far back and having a mess to clean up. For some reason, once I have that line, it's a bit difficult to get the polish further back unless I just get crazy.

The sides of my nails are a different story though 😄 I use an old flat/wide eye brush dipped in polish remover to clean that off once I'm done. 

RE: Re: RE: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Thanks!

Hi @annypoo! I don't worry too much about it while painting my nails. When they are completely dry, I take my normal shower. By the end of my shower, the paint on my skin is soft enough to scrape off with an orange stick. This save me the hassle of trying to clean up my mistakes without ruining the wet paint. 

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

ILNP Sirene Ultra Chrome polish - This is mesmerizing!   I can’t stop watching the color change...💜💚💜💚774A71A7-6956-4260-95A4-42E9B93CFF7C.png

LOVE the color(s) of this!!

Thank you, @ElleElleG!!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

I love it @Tamara76! That color reminds me of the color changing auto paint that was wildly popular in the 90s.

Thanks, @MachynesSister!  LOL!   You're right!!! 🙂

@Tamara76

@Anonymous will be thrilled to see this one!

Beautiful! 

Thank you!   ❤️   @RGbrown

Anonymous Insider

@RGbrown@Tamara76

Have you ever seen Rodin's Billie on the Bike lipstick?

http://needsupply.com/womens/beauty/billie-on-the-bike-lipstick.html

In some pictures it's more purple, I think that's the true color. @RGbrown - you seem to be moving this way!

Have not seen/tried that color @Anonymous, but it looks really pretty!

Anonymous Insider

@Tamara76- They had a site-wide discount today and I couldn't resist! I used to be very frugal but I've changed, now I've got to find a way to change back...

@Anonymous

I have seen and one of these days I may have to splurge on it. It's gorgeous and right up my alley! 💋💄

Anonymous Insider

@RGbrown- If today is the day for you to splurge, needsupply.com has 11% off with code SINGLESDAY11 - it ends in an hour or two, I think.

Anonymous Insider

@RGbrown

ME TOO! So gorgeous... I got my teeth crowned last year and took up lipstick - actually my dentist gave me three Too Faced lipsticks when it was all done! Now I love lipstick!! I've discovered that my skin color is Fair, Cool so I should wear lipstick with a blue tone to it. And my lips are dark so I can't wear anything light - so that lipstick is absolutely perfect for me and I should have it, right?! LOL!!

Anonymous Insider

@RGbrown@Tamara76

Yep, sitting here with my mouth hanging open! Probably not my best look...I may be hyperventilating! Or maybe I've suddenly developed a-fib?

Yesterday I was really upset and I indulged in retail therapy. The last thing I need to do is buy nail polish today. Maybe I'll have TWO beers at the hairdressers and get that when I get home! Assuming I'm not in the hospital with a cardiac issue!

I can't figure out if you girls are good for me or BAD! (Hmmm, it just occurred to me that sometimes BAD is really good!)

We definitely enable a lot of purchases on here... 😉   @Anonymous

1 Reply
testing