Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

wedding / bridal makeup

hi!! so for my wedding i’m debating on wearing some makeup! i usually only wear blush but im not sure if it’ll look okay in professional photos. i like very light and natural makeup, i was hoping someone can tell what’s a good light weight foundation, concealer, and/or tinted moisturizer ? so i need all? or can i replace foundation with just concealer or tinted moisturizer ? or for those who also only really wear blush did your wedding photos come out good? not on a budget but id like high end brands 🙂 thank you in advance! also my skin id say is combination! also in search of a good setting spray! been using urban decay for years but wondering if i should try something new if there’s a better one out there 

Re: wedding / bridal makeup

A good setting spray is Charlotte tilbury!

@quiddo I’m going to do my own makeup for my upcoming wedding in July. Like you, I prefer something lighter and more natural, but want it to show up in photos and last all day! For my base, these are the products I’m planning to use:

Iris&Romeo Weekend Skin SPF 50 Instant Glow Tinted Mineral Sunscreen with Vitamin C + Niacinamide 

Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter 

Dior Dior Forever Matte Foundation SPF 15 

Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin Medium to Full Coverage Radiant Concealer with Hyaluronic Acid 

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder 

For blush, I’d recommend layering a cream blush under a powder blush for better staying power. I haven’t fully decided which combo I’m going with, but it’ll likely be a NUDESTIX Nudies Cream Blush All-Over-Face Color under a Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Collection  shade.

I’m also going to get lash inserts instead of wear false lashes. Lashes are something I feel like can disappear in photos. 

@alexasteph @Congrats on your upcoming wedding 

@SportyGirly125 Thank you!

@alexasteph....oooh!  Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!!

@danielledanielle Thanks!! 💍👰🏼♀️

@quiddo @Congrats. I did my own wedding makeup. Make sure you find a look you are comfortable in. If you have professional photos taken you will notice you have to go more heavy with the blush for it to show in photos. 

NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer  

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer 

Congratulations!  @quiddo , I think you need a long lasting base and a powerful lip.  I wanted to be able to eat and drink without reapplying a thing, and those were the mainstays.  You could get a foundation like Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation , Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation and just apply it to wear you need it and finish it with a powder like Hourglass Ambient® Lighting Finishing Powder Luminous Light or SEPHORA COLLECTION Microsmooth Multi-Tasking Baked Face Powder Foundation 15 Fair 

I think blush would look fantastic, there's so many ways to wear blush, too!  A complementary lip and that long lasting base, you're good to go!  I got lashes myself, and they came off a little in the inner corner, but you can't see in the photos.

ooo i’ve been debating between the
lamer soft fluid long wear foundation, 
yves saint laurent all hours luminous natural, dior backstage face and body foundation, and  
armani luminous silk! i mostly wear cream and water based blush, would a setting powder look okay with it ? i was thinking setting spray is more ideal or should i switch to a powder blush ? i’d really like the makeup to feel as light as possible

@quiddo @I love the La Mer foundation. 

@quiddo, oooh yes, I forgot about Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Perfect Glow Flawless Oil-Free Foundation !  That's another good one, the concealer too Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Face and Under-Eye Concealer

I don't apply foundation all over my face, I dot it mostly on my chin and a little on my nose bridge and just buff it out. Also, IMO I don't feel like those foundations are heavy, but I realize that's my comfort level.  Method of application can really help makeup feel light.  You can always again, just place it where you need it and buff it out, or use a sponge or beauty blender for a dewy finish for foundation.  For setting powder, you want to use a fluffy brush vs using a powder puff if you are going to wear powder all over.  The powder puff will usually lay down more product vs a brush that can disperse it.  I like SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Bronzer Brush #80 , even though it is listed as a bronzer brush, it's really fluffy and will place powder nice and lightly.  If you just want powder is specific areas, you could use SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Powder Brush #59 , same idea but more precision in application for areas like your nose or undereye if you were just using powder there.

Also, sorry if this is long - setting spray vs powder.  If you're oily combo (like I am) both are helpful, but you can pick one or the other.  When I want my makeup to last all day, especially in the summer, I usually will spray in layers for insurance!  Like once after makeup and then another after setting powder.  The spray also dissolves the makeup and then "sets" it with polymers, so it technically removes some of the excess for you.  A beautyblender or wet sponge also does the same thing, but it won't give you a matte finish, more of a luminous finish unless you bake (which involves using setting powder, too).

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing