Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE VICTORIA BECKHAM BEAUTY THREAD

I know many of us love Victoria Beckham Beauty so I think we need a thread for her line. Would be lovely to see at Sephora! 

C3A2DDAE-8C2D-481C-AB23-0CB17007618B.jpeg338EDA66-EDDE-4490-A9DE-FEEE609D051B.jpeg3A31BF98-51FE-4CE7-AD2D-937D19FCD58F.jpeg

Re: THE VICTORIA BECKHAM BEAUTY THREAD

Ha @makeitup305 , I know. 😂 I wanted it before too and I just put it on my wants list for some other time! I know @itsfi had great photos of them to compare which was super helpful as well! 🥰

Yay @aviscardi ! She’s really going at it end of the year! ☺️

Finally received my VB order today! Here are the promise swatches @Sunnysmom ! In order, Lid Lusters in Mink, Mirror, and Chiffon; Posh lipsticks in Girl and Pout; Cheeky Blush in Playground.

My bathroom lightingMy bathroom lightingWith a little bit of flash, not all the wayWith a little bit of flash, not all the way

I tried them all briefly and upon first impression Mink is probably my favorite as it’s a one and done shadow for me that still has a lot of sparkle. Mirror is the sparkliest and reminds me of glittering snow. If it were a tad warmer it would be perfect for me but it’s a true silver so I’ll probably use it more as a pop than all over the lid. Chiffon has almost a peachy undertone with makes it really flattering and perfect for all over the lid an everyday use. I’ve had Pout for about a month and it’s a flattering pink on me which is a shade I don’t go for very often. Girl might me by perfect nude- not MLBB but the perfect shade to pair with a lip liner or gloss that can either go warm or cool depending on what I pair it with. I haven’t tried the blush stick yet but the color is right up my alley and makes me want to get Knickers also to pair with the Pout lipstick. 

i wore chiffon this weekend, very little fallout and i don't think it was visible anyway once i did my face makeup. its so pretty just enough sparkle for someone like myself that doesn't like all that glitter lol. I applied with my finger, i don't actually have any more shader brushes since my eyeshadow has been all matte for years now, but i heard they don't pickup with a brush anyway?

@aviscardi It’s more of a subtle shimmer than others. I managed to pick it up ok with the Rephr #21 but a finger works best. I was able to amplify it with some Inglot duraline. I think it would actually pop more on a darker skin tone than mine since it would have more contrast. 

Gorgeous swatches @makeitup305😍 Love VBB.

Thanks @itsfi ! So far I’ve been really liking the products. What’s your favorite from the line?

@makeitup305I like her lipsticks 💄 a lot and have all but maybe a few of them. What I’ve been happily surprised by is her eyeliners. 😍 My eyelids tend to be super oily and there have only been a couple of liquid eyeliners that have worked for me so I haven’t gone for pencil eyeliners in a while. I bit the bullet and picked up one of her eyeliners when they launched - I now have 4, maybe 5, of them. 😂

@itsfi I haven’t tried her liners yet. I wear liner so rarely I talked myself out of it but maybe in the future 😉 I’m still waiting on her bronzer in #2 to be restocked.

knew I should have bought Minx, @makeitup305. It looks gorgeous and yes, lots of glitter there.

@eshoe Here are some more swatches. The first swatch is Hourglass Scattered Light Glitter Eye Shadow Reflect then Chiffon, Mink, and Mirror. Mirror is the shiniest, almost metallic. Chiffon is the most subdued, Reflect has some bigger specks of shimmer. Mink has the dark base so the shimmer brightens it up and shows up more. I do wish Chiffon was a little more sparkly, just because the tone of it is very close to my skintone and it doesn’t do much brightening or even give me the “wet”eye that I like. 

IndoorIndoorOutsideOutside1D497433-2041-4ECD-85F6-51BD8AB23D26.jpeg

Here are two looks I’ve done with them that I posted on the Makeup Challenge Thread

Spoiler
Mink with Mirror on the inner cornerMink with Mirror on the inner cornerCloseup of Mink and Mirror in bright indoor lightCloseup of Mink and Mirror in bright indoor lightCT Eyes to Hypnotize in Amber gold as a base with Chiffon on topCT Eyes to Hypnotize in Amber gold as a base with Chiffon on topChiffon in indirect indoor lightChiffon in indirect indoor light

@makeitup305 I'm always a fan of your "wet" eye look.  Do you have any recs on how I can achieve it?  Like techniques or palettes you like to use?

@greeneyedgirl107 Thank you ! I usually just apply them with a finger. The PMG Astral shades and the Colourpop Super Shock Ultra Glitters are big ones. Ritz, Frog, Cosmic Charge, A Little Quarky come to mind. Do you know Amanda Z on YouTube? She just did a video on her favorite “wet look” shadows and I’ve owned or tried most of them and agree. I even added some to my wishlist. Highly recommend watching it. 

@makeitup305 Thanks for the tips!  I will have to look into Amanda Z.  Meanwhile, you have talented fingers!

Thanks @greeneyedgirl107 ! I’m sure you have something lying around that could possibly give you the effect. Amanda Z explains kind of what makes an eyeshadow have a “wet”effect which I thought was interesting.

Mink is gorgeous and so do you @makeitup305 😍❤️

aww thanks @blackkitty2014 !

Oooh yes I see what you mean about creating a ‘wet look’ @makeitup305. It is pretty, but definitely not as chunky-sparkly as some of the others. That Mink is gorgeous. Thank you for the swatches, that is so helpful! Reflect is my go-to so it is interesting to see them side by side. Looks like Mink will need to find its way into my cart next time!

@eshoe If you want something super sparkly, try the Vanity Makeup Cosmetics palette. I can post swatches if you like. It has 3 really intense shimmery shadows that are honestly amazing. One of my new faves.

Going to take a look now, @makeitup305. Glitter does not scare me. 

eta curious how the texture compares to VB and Hourglass. 

@eshoe the Vanity ones are more pigmented I would say, with bigger sparkle pieces. I would say the VB is more chic and the Vanity is more in your face. These are indoor swatches. It has 3 super sparkly shades and 3 shimmers. I've got a couple of looks using it the Makeup Challenge thread.

0C719C24-1315-42CD-B86F-3C5DA4464C05.jpeg

Conversation Stats
Photos157
  • VBB Posh Lipstick - Pose (eyes are PMG shadows and MUFE liners)
  • VBB Posh Lipstick - Pop
  • VBB Lid Lustre in shades Onyx and Midnight.
  • C3A2DDAE-8C2D-481C-AB23-0CB17007618B.jpeg
  • 3A31BF98-51FE-4CE7-AD2D-937D19FCD58F.jpeg
  • 338EDA66-EDDE-4490-A9DE-FEEE609D051B.jpeg
  • 42A138B7-B01F-4AF1-9125-A1A1E34E6E89.jpeg
  • ADBE5C81-F32D-46FD-BD9B-1E369B6338D4.jpeg
  • E1FE7861-35BD-416E-A75E-88E092A8FE6E.jpeg
  • AA8E0F6A-141A-4CAC-8C2D-EE5341F929EB.jpeg
  • B946ED56-35F8-46ED-BD88-89A335A05B03.jpeg
  • BD31D1AF-5361-4D42-8253-7EB47805644E.jpeg
  • CC822283-A5A7-4AEB-AFB7-D44C52EEEC53.jpeg
  • E7FE0417-62C1-43F4-BAB6-A4071FA1C747.jpeg
  • VBB Matte Bronzing Brick.jpg