Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE VICTORIA BECKHAM BEAUTY THREAD

I know many of us love Victoria Beckham Beauty so I think we need a thread for her line. Would be lovely to see at Sephora! 

C3A2DDAE-8C2D-481C-AB23-0CB17007618B.jpeg338EDA66-EDDE-4490-A9DE-FEEE609D051B.jpeg3A31BF98-51FE-4CE7-AD2D-937D19FCD58F.jpeg

Re: THE VICTORIA BECKHAM BEAUTY THREAD

@curlychiquita, small but mighty and beautiful VBB collection! 😍 How do you like her lip liner? I continue to go back and forth on whether to pick one up. 

@itsfi I like the tone of the lip liner with these lipstick colors, although if you have a similar Charlotte Tilbury color, you won't need this one. They're the same quality-wise.

Ah, I see @curlychiquita! That’s good to know. I have a couple of mini CT liners I picked up as gwps. This intel saves me $$.  Thank you! 😊 

@curlychiquita Those a pretty!

Thank you, @Samtian

Thanks for showing us , I love it all @curlychiquita !🥰 This is all we need ever, great lippies , the best liner and illuminated moisturizer! 💞

Yes!!! 😊 A VBB thread! Great idea @Sunnysmom! Thanks so much for starting this and for the tag! I have a lot of love for the Victoria Beckham Beauty collection and 100% agree that it would be wonderful if Sephora carried the line. 💖

VBB Matte Bronzing Brick.jpg
I recently picked up her new Matte Bronzing Brick and have been playing with it for a few days. I debated over shades 01 and 02 and ended up getting 02. It's described on her site as "a warm tan duo for light to medium skin tones" and that is an apt description. I'm probably more fair-light at the moment; 02 is a bit more warm for me, but it can be made to work with a light hand, or when I'm wearing something like DE D-Bronzi. I may pick up 01 in the refill later in the year, maybe in the fall / early winter. Formula on this one is nice; powder is buttery, applies smoothly and easily. There's just the tiniest bit of kickup to the powder; the tiniest bit. Weather / lighting wasn't cooperating for photos but if I can get a better pic of swatches later this week, I'll post again.

Spoiler
5.18.2021 VBB Swatch Outdoor (1).jpg5.18.2021 VBB Swatch Outdoor (2).jpg

@itsfi do you have any thoughts comparing VBB bronzer to your new Wayne Goss bronzer? Curious if I WAS to happen to try one. ☺️🙄

@Sunnysmom, I like the VBB as all around bronzers. I think the lighter shade in the WG palette would work well as a light topper over either of the VBB shades, to add a little sheen to them. The darker shade in the WG palette I like as a contour - I'm actually hoping he releases a few of the shades in his palettes as singles. I'll try to remember to swatch both palettes together this weekend; that might be more helpful - though I'm sure that even if they look similar, I'll tell you that they are different enough to need both. Ha! 😁

Ha ok @itsfi sounds great ! 😂 They both sound really nice plus versatile. I hope they are done in singles also. Baby steps and bronzer 101! 🥰

The swatches look beautiful, @itsfi! I think 02 looks pretty good on you, although I realize we're seeing it on your arm.

Thank you @curlychiquita! The more I use these bronzers the more I get the hang of them. 😊 I’ll see how mixing them together works out too. I have her tinted priming moisturizer so that may pair nicely with these bronzer for a low key, minimal makeup look on the weekends. 

Thank you @itsfi ! 🥰 Ooh this is so pretty. Glad you like it and your descriptions and swatches are super helpful! It does look so soft! 💞

@Sunnysmom, I was initially a little nervous picking up the 02 shade 😬, but as you said, they do have a soft effect to them and I like that the color can be built up. That will definitely be helpful. I continue to be impressed with the pieces that she releases. 😍

It’s so tricky w bronzers I think @itsfi . I know I’m never fully confident in the shades I pick! 
I agree. I get way too excited with each new launch from her! 😅 Very impressed! 

Thanks for sharing @itsfi ! I’m happy she’s branched into cheeks!!

@Kim888, me too. She's been very deliberate in curating her beauty collection. Adding a bronzer to her lineup makes sense and I'm happy she did so - her bronzer collab with Estee Lauder way back was wonderful, and having these in her line is great.

Thanks for the tag, @Sunnysmom , and for starting this thread! I can definitely see VB fitting nicely into Sephora's lineup. 

I'll add a couple of my old swatches for folks who want to see a few things on a "medium-deep to deep" skin tone: 

VBB Posh Lipstick - Pose (eyes are PMG shadows and MUFE liners)VBB Posh Lipstick - Pose (eyes are PMG shadows and MUFE liners)VBB Posh Lipstick - PopVBB Posh Lipstick - PopVBB Lid Lustre in shades Onyx and Midnight.VBB Lid Lustre in shades Onyx and Midnight.

And gosh, this reminds me I still haven't played with those 2 eyeshadows much. I need to set them next to my usual lid primers so I'll remember to give them full-day tests. 

Ooooh ok @WinglessOne, your and @Sunnysmom‘s swatches of Onyx have convinced me I need to try that formula.

How bad does it crease?

So sorry @eshoe I missed this somehow! Onyx is a little trickier than Mink for me. Maybe not for Wingless 🙂 It depends as to creasing. I definitely have to use a creamy base under any shadow first and then lightly press these on top so I get less fall out , usually with my finger. Onyx still has some fallout however, plus some glittery bits to manage. It does crease somewhat after awhile regardless of what I use, but not too horribly. I can not use it on it’s own or it would crease even more. It’s definitely a cool color though! 😊

@Sunnysmom this is all very helpful! I’ve noticed every shade I want to try other than this is OOS. Is this common with the brand? I don’t know if I should be checking the site every day or waiting for another three months for a restock🤷🏻‍♀️ Tea Rose and Mink are both so pretty. I am interested in comparisons to the Hourglass Scattered Light formula. Doesn’t seem to fallout too much, but it will; not creamy but it sticks. Sounds like it might be very similar;)

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos157
  • VBB Posh Lipstick - Pose (eyes are PMG shadows and MUFE liners)
  • VBB Posh Lipstick - Pop
  • VBB Lid Lustre in shades Onyx and Midnight.
  • C3A2DDAE-8C2D-481C-AB23-0CB17007618B.jpeg
  • 3A31BF98-51FE-4CE7-AD2D-937D19FCD58F.jpeg
  • 338EDA66-EDDE-4490-A9DE-FEEE609D051B.jpeg
  • 42A138B7-B01F-4AF1-9125-A1A1E34E6E89.jpeg
  • ADBE5C81-F32D-46FD-BD9B-1E369B6338D4.jpeg
  • E1FE7861-35BD-416E-A75E-88E092A8FE6E.jpeg
  • AA8E0F6A-141A-4CAC-8C2D-EE5341F929EB.jpeg
  • B946ED56-35F8-46ED-BD88-89A335A05B03.jpeg
  • BD31D1AF-5361-4D42-8253-7EB47805644E.jpeg
  • CC822283-A5A7-4AEB-AFB7-D44C52EEEC53.jpeg
  • E7FE0417-62C1-43F4-BAB6-A4071FA1C747.jpeg
  • VBB Matte Bronzing Brick.jpg