Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Hmm yeah I dunno then @Ispend2much6 , it may be too much for you if those are. Chanel’s blush doesn’t bother you tho right? That is more of a targeted rose scent I suppose vs Dior’s being a light floral? Dior’s is a very good pink though you prob have similar in others I bet. 😊The patterns of these guys got to me which isn’t usually the case but they were so cool I couldn’t help myself. 🤦🏻‍♀️ I forgot the lip is a regular shade but I got it for the ribbons! I am using them too tho! 

@SunnysmomChanel's blushes are the tipping point for fragrance for me.  That Dior does look cool enough that it won't turn orange on me.  I got rid of so much makeup lately, including a ton of blushes.  Trying to condense shades so I don't have many dupes.  But so many are just a tinge different!  I did manage to slim my collection to fitting into a slightly overflowing baby wipes box (the one that holds about 800 or so.)  Except for my palettes, lip glosses, and mascaras. 

That’s good, I’m so glad you can enjoy them @Ispend2much6 , the colors are so terrific. 
Wow amazing! Bet that felt so great! I’ve been working on cleaning out stuff too. Glosses etc first because they’re easy for me and I have so few! Lol. Baby steps. I’m sure I keep things too long tho. Yikes. Congrats to you! 👏🏻💞

Agree. & After smelling the Huda powder nothing compares lol. CT spray on the strong floral side but dissipates quickly, TF is barely detectable to my sensy nose 

Everything is so pretty. Thx you @Sunnysmom 🌹❤️

Did anyone pick up any of the new Makeup by Mario lipsticks?? MAKEUP BY MARIO Ultra Suede® Lipstick Nikki . Even though it's not spelled right I'm compelled just to pick it up as I hardly see anything with my name on it lol!!

@niki172 i picked it up! Do you know of any mispelled Mellisa beauty products??

@Mellmars1185 none that I can think of sorry. All the names are very interesting though!

@niki172  I love that shade; might have to put it on the holiday sale list.

Lol you should @niki172 ! I am wondering about them also. May have to try one for science 🤓

@SportyGirly125 ,

Beautiful swatches!  Thanks, this is helpful!

@tsavorite @Glad I could help

@SportyGirly125, gorgeous swatches! I especially love the blush duo!

@TraceyEB Thank You

Oooh that darker blush is so pretty @SportyGirly125 

@Kim888 the plum blush is gorgeous in person. The formula is definitely buildable

Does anyone happen to have any swatches and/or thoughts on the Byredo lipsticks? I saw them on sale and was curious (and now I keep seeing the ads on Instagram), but I couldn't find a ton of objective info online, and the Byredo thread here seems pretty quiet. Thanks!

Here are the cool tones I have @txcatx . (Red & Blue is cooler and more deep pinky red than it shows up here on me by the way.) 
Both formulas are very comfortable and stay on well. Intense, a little thicker and good stain.  Matte is a little trickier but still smooths over and doesn’t look dry to me. None feather tho I use a MAC invisible stick or Chantecaille’s to keep colors in place usually. Sale would be good! 😊

Top to bottom- Red & Blue, Dancehall Queen and Lascaux.  All cool jewel tones. 

AB8BF928-E5C2-4387-9622-889E3E61354D.jpeg

923F2F8E-4451-4FCE-8364-1D178F1CDA06.jpeg

@Sunnysmom Thank you so much! Those were the shades I happened to be interested in. Also thanks for the review--I did actually want to know if they stain or slide right off, and good to know that they stay put.

Oh fun @txcatx ! Serendipity! Those shades drew me in also. Yes the stain is nice!! I love that too, my lips are pale. Still on my lips and arm after swatching! 😊 

1 Reply
testing