Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Well I guess mine is the Nude shade @CookieGirl1 so it’s probably not a real comparison. I’m sure others have them to do maybe @blackkitty2014 when hers arrives. From what I see the Nude is just more in your face and more of that overlay look if I’m using the right term. Prob not lol. 
The new one is much more subtle but buttery glow. 
Top is Pink Glow with older Nude under  

006AAC7E-0D0F-4889-92B1-BE8D76C5B31A.jpeg

@Sunnysmom they BOTH are pretty 😉

They are @CookieGirl1 , and both have a time and place to use em. 😊

I can’t put my finger on it @CookieGirl1 , but I’m going to compare the 2 and I’ll show you when I do. Watch them be exactly the same. 🤦🏻‍♀️lol. 

New lips incoming 😊. Finally received my Urban Decay new Vice lips and remaining Bite. I do think the Bite would be great as a second string line of lippies maybe with a more substantive group first like Amuse Bouche. I wish I liked them more I really do. They are ok and I barely taste or smell vanilla but they just don’t have enough ooomph to me as a true lipstick or one that I need. Rats. Nice for a light summer look though I guess. This is Mulberry and Maple (which is cooler than previous Maple that I have.) ( Other swatches on Bite thread ). 

UD feels terrific in both creme and matte. Color holds with no feathering and good stain remaining like original line. I’m impressed. One silly thing is operator error. The cap kind of bugs me getting it on correctly at first time or in a hurry! Lol Darn angle of it! 🤦🏻‍♀️😂 @Guessgal did you get yours? @sprocketta this one’s for you with all the reds! 🤗🥰

Urban Decay Vice Hydrating Lipstick No Parking Bite Beauty Power Move Hydrating Soft Matte Lipstick Mulberry 

E642BCDF-762D-46D0-B283-E72897680CD2.jpeg

FFEB194F-302C-437A-8037-7D50652973A9.jpeg

Swatches left to right- Bite Mulberry and Maple, UD Açaí, , Hex, Bad Blood and No Parking 

@Sunnysmom Very nice Bite Beauty shades. 

They are @tjffc ! Will you try em?! 

@Sunnysmom are the Bite lippies really matte? I just can't do matte lippies anymore - my lips threw in the towel 😏.

I know, me either @niki172 . They’re sort of a hybrid very soft semi matte/ balm feel if that makes sense. Lol Do you have any of the MAC Powder Kiss lippies? They remind me most of those I think . They don’t go on too intensely or dry but oddly they end up a little drier on me.  I’ve been layering them with a balm under and over and that helped. They feel comfy ish and not a true matte no. The colors are nice! 

@Sunnysmom I understand the MAC analogy so that helps thank you! I may pick up one to see if it works.

Yup @niki172 it just feels like a little bit dryer version of those. Very similar 😊

@Sunnysmom Ohhhh they are as beautiful as I imagined! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and swatches! I was going to treat myself to a lippie for National Lipstick Day and I think this just might be it. Possibly Açaí or Hex, although I likely have similar shades to the former. Will post here if I end up deciding! 🤗

That’s a good idea @Guessgal ! That’s the issue is having similar ones. Ugh. I mixed açaí and one of the reds and it was really pretty too! Could def do with any red! Will be fun to see what you get. 🤗

@Sunnysmom Thanks for the tag! I am digging bad blood and no parking. I swear my eyes popped open a little wider at no parking. Cream or matte?

Ooh so sorry @sprocketta I did forget to mention what was what! Bad Blood is matte, No Parking is creme , Hex is matte and Açaí is creme. These are certainly reds you’d like. 😊

man @Sunnysmom it will be hard to resist a creme red like no parking.

It’s my fav of the bunch @sprocketta ! Treat yourself 🥰. 

Drunk Elephant O-Bloos™ Rosi Glow Drops with Vitamin F   on light, cool, pink NW 15-20 skin (I have a tiny bit of olive undertone.)

20210720_155029~2(1).jpg

So pretty on you @Ispend2much6 . I got it too and it looks so much warmer on me 😂. It’s very pink on you!  

@Sunnysmom  Thanks.  I was surprised to see it was so pink, but I'm glad.

Not sure if this is the right thread, but I am searching for a dupe for this swatch.

617C1C8E-A1B5-47AC-8B95-1D7F07A9F042.jpeg

It looks much darker in the pan. Appears to have a soft golden shift but it is so subtle it is hard to tell. Have been eyeing MERIT Flush Balm Cream Blush Terracotta but it might not have the shimmer.

testing