Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Well I guess mine is the Nude shade @CookieGirl1 so itโ€™s probably not a real comparison. Iโ€™m sure others have them to do maybe @blackkitty2014 when hers arrives. From what I see the Nude is just more in your face and more of that overlay look if Iโ€™m using the right term. Prob not lol. 
The new one is much more subtle but buttery glow. 
Top is Pink Glow with older Nude under  

006AAC7E-0D0F-4889-92B1-BE8D76C5B31A.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Sunnysmom they BOTH are pretty ๐Ÿ˜‰

They are @CookieGirl1 , and both have a time and place to use em. ๐Ÿ˜Š

I canโ€™t put my finger on it @CookieGirl1 , but Iโ€™m going to compare the 2 and Iโ€™ll show you when I do. Watch them be exactly the same. ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธlol. 

New lips incoming ๐Ÿ˜Š. Finally received my Urban Decay new Vice lips and remaining Bite. I do think the Bite would be great as a second string line of lippies maybe with a more substantive group first like Amuse Bouche. I wish I liked them more I really do. They are ok and I barely taste or smell vanilla but they just donโ€™t have enough ooomph to me as a true lipstick or one that I need. Rats. Nice for a light summer look though I guess. This is Mulberry and Maple (which is cooler than previous Maple that I have.) ( Other swatches on Bite thread ). 

UD feels terrific in both creme and matte. Color holds with no feathering and good stain remaining like original line. Iโ€™m impressed. One silly thing is operator error. The cap kind of bugs me getting it on correctly at first time or in a hurry! Lol Darn angle of it! ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚ @Guessgal did you get yours? @sprocketta this oneโ€™s for you with all the reds! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿฅฐ

Urban Decay Vice Hydrating Lipstick No Parking Bite Beauty Power Move Hydrating Soft Matte Lipstick Mulberry 

E642BCDF-762D-46D0-B283-E72897680CD2.jpeg

โ€ƒ

FFEB194F-302C-437A-8037-7D50652973A9.jpeg

Swatches left to right- Bite Mulberry and Maple, UD Aรงaรญ, , Hex, Bad Blood and No Parking 

@Sunnysmom Very nice Bite Beauty shades. 

They are @tjffc ! Will you try em?! 

@Sunnysmom are the Bite lippies really matte? I just can't do matte lippies anymore - my lips threw in the towel ๐Ÿ˜.

I know, me either @niki172 . Theyโ€™re sort of a hybrid very soft semi matte/ balm feel if that makes sense. Lol Do you have any of the MAC Powder Kiss lippies? They remind me most of those I think . They donโ€™t go on too intensely or dry but oddly they end up a little drier on me.  Iโ€™ve been layering them with a balm under and over and that helped. They feel comfy ish and not a true matte no. The colors are nice! 

@Sunnysmom I understand the MAC analogy so that helps thank you! I may pick up one to see if it works.

Yup @niki172 it just feels like a little bit dryer version of those. Very similar ๐Ÿ˜Š

@Sunnysmom Ohhhh they are as beautiful as I imagined! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and swatches! I was going to treat myself to a lippie for National Lipstick Day and I think this just might be it. Possibly Aรงaรญ or Hex, although I likely have similar shades to the former. Will post here if I end up deciding! ๐Ÿค—

Thatโ€™s a good idea @Guessgal ! Thatโ€™s the issue is having similar ones. Ugh. I mixed aรงaรญ and one of the reds and it was really pretty too! Could def do with any red! Will be fun to see what you get. ๐Ÿค—

@Sunnysmom Thanks for the tag! I am digging bad blood and no parking. I swear my eyes popped open a little wider at no parking. Cream or matte?

Ooh so sorry @sprocketta I did forget to mention what was what! Bad Blood is matte, No Parking is creme , Hex is matte and Aรงaรญ is creme. These are certainly reds youโ€™d like. ๐Ÿ˜Š

man @Sunnysmom it will be hard to resist a creme red like no parking.

Itโ€™s my fav of the bunch @sprocketta ! Treat yourself ๐Ÿฅฐ. 

Drunk Elephant O-Bloosโ„ข Rosi Glow Drops with Vitamin F   on light, cool, pink NW 15-20 skin (I have a tiny bit of olive undertone.)

20210720_155029~2(1).jpg

So pretty on you @Ispend2much6 . I got it too and it looks so much warmer on me ๐Ÿ˜‚. Itโ€™s very pink on you!  

@Sunnysmom  Thanks.  I was surprised to see it was so pink, but I'm glad.

Not sure if this is the right thread, but I am searching for a dupe for this swatch.

617C1C8E-A1B5-47AC-8B95-1D7F07A9F042.jpeg

It looks much darker in the pan. Appears to have a soft golden shift but it is so subtle it is hard to tell. Have been eyeing MERIT Flush Balm Cream Blush Terracotta but it might not have the shimmer.

testing