Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Some of the new Hermes lips if anyone wants them. Depending on the shade the formula changes a bit. Delicious light floral that doesn’t linger long. (Cross post from S/S releases 2020 thread for other pics). Rouge Bleu Mat, Rouge Velour Mat, Rouge Piment Satin, LE Violet, Rouge H Mat and H Satin. Bleu is great blue red tho bullet is a bit bumpy ( maybe just mine, gonna ask), Piment is smooth lovely neutral but blueish red satin, H is probably my favorite both in satin and mat. Maybe looks more brown on my skin but is perfect burgundy. Piment is next fav. Tough to get Bleu and Piment to show properly on my pics. Violet is purple toned but again when on shows more to the burgundy. Lovely.  They are not quite this bright on. Mat is nice light formula and I feel similar to Pat M. Satin feels wonderful on. Good pigment to all, not tons of wear time but good, minimal if any feathering so far. Lipstick is quite heavy with magnetic snap to it. Usual yummy orange packaging with canvas case. 😊

Rouge Bleu MatRouge Bleu Mat

Rouge Velour MatRouge Velour Mat

Rouge Piment satinRouge Piment satin

Rouge H satin and H MatRouge H satin and H Mat

LE Violet, Rouge H mat, H satinLE Violet, Rouge H mat, H satin

Cute packaging.Cute packaging.

Lipstick cases regular and LE 

C7B1B11D-1CAB-43D0-A131-5BB950508C73.jpeg

New Haus Slayer liner, Scheme gloss. 

Liner on top, gloss , then both on bottom. 

@meganlisa @TraceyEB @2manyperfumes @curlychiquita 01D57BA2-A296-4C9B-BF43-300CAD16613B.jpeg

6396A62C-99DA-4A8B-B7FB-311507397A2A.jpeg

@Sunnysmom SO pretty! Thanks for swatching! 

Best,
Rebecca

Thanks @RebeccaBT ! So fun! 

I answered @WinglessOne on lipstick thread but I love the liner underneath the gloss. Quite long lasting, slight plasticky taste at first , slightly tacky not bad. Liner quite smooth. Similar to Mac burgundy I think.  Gloss on its own didn’t last forever mainly because I smack my lips with gloss I think! Operator error. Gloss is more purple than liner or pics but still very pretty deep color when combined. 

I love the colors, do they wear well, meaning buttery texture, good blending? I have heard negatives about the coral palette on YouTube, but I want to hear other opinions. 

Those colours look so nice on you, @lmaster !

@l8totheparty thank you! They really are so beautiful in person

More for my edification than anything, but I figure at least one other person out there might find em helpful too 😁

Uoma metallic lips

Top to bottom are right to left across the display. All are one swipe except the gold, it seems a bit sheerer than the othersTop to bottom are right to left across the display. All are one swipe except the gold, it seems a bit sheerer than the others

IMG_20190725_154554885.jpg

Lipstick Queen Rearview lacquers

From top to bottom, move from right to left on the display, zigzag (raisin, red, coral and on). Didn't swatch the nudies lolFrom top to bottom, move from right to left on the display, zigzag (raisin, red, coral and on). Didn't swatch the nudies lol

IMG_20190725_154934580.jpg

@RGbrown, Thanks for posting. The Black Magic On Fire lip...

@RGbrown, Thanks for posting. The Black Magic On Fire lipstick looks great. I haven't purchased a shimmer lipstick, so I might try this!

@RGbrown, Thanks for letting me know how you like this li...

@RGbrown, Thanks for letting me know how you like this lipstick, I don't think I've seen it mentioned too much.

Re: @RGbrown, Thanks for posting. The Black Magic On Fire lip...

@Luvstravel 

I have Mother and it is fantastic...I think On Fire will be my next one as well!  

Does anyone have the Natasha Denona Biba All Neutral Eyeshadow Palette Full Size Biba Neutral Eyeshadow Paletteand the NATASHA DENONA - Camel Eyeshadow Palette? I really want both but if all the camel colors are similar to the Biba, I (and my wallet) would be happier with the Camel. Thanks guys!

@greenbean13 Mel Thompson compared swatches of these two palettes on her youtube channel in her review of the Biba! I would definitely suggest watching it, from what I recall they were pretty similar, but not the same though how much the difference matters to you depends on just how many different shades of brown you need lol. I probably have a jillion but yet I keep looking at more...

love Mel

love Mel

RE: Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

@Brutalitops thanks so much! I’ll definitely have to check that out

Swatch of the new Too Faced Glowver highlighter 771F63D0-3CFB-49DC-A817-D2CA79684C0F.jpeg

3 Replies
testing