Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

I got mine today so here are the swatches of ( L to R) Mullberry, Scarlet, Cortado and Latte in Natural light without flash or filter.

IMG_20151019_113344.jpg

0930153image.jpeg

I had this posted in the bite thread - I'll have to go look up the order...

tannin, pepper, mulberry, palomino, scarlet, pomegranate

Thank you!! You have all the answers to my questions!

Here's cortado and latte - cortado is the darker one, and it's very similar to bite moka

1019151image.jpeg

Here's what the Rare Beauty Stay Beauty Glossy Lip Balm promo looks like. 

1.9.2021 Haul swatch.jpg

It looks really brown @itsfi , is it? Thanks for showing us! 

It does, doesn’t it @Sunnysmom?! The description says pinky brown but on me, the color is more of what I’d describe as rosewood; or brown with a rosey-mauve tint to it. It’s not what I was expecting but I do like the color. Just confirms for me that it’s probably better for me to see the color in real life, in store, or swatches on BIC. That should help with the low(er) buy, right?! Right?! Lol. 😂

That makes sense @itsfi , that is what it looks like. I have a liquid lip from them but not a gloss yet. You like taste and feel? 
And so true on seeing in person. I am really missing and appreciating going in person and seeing all shades of new lines! Been way way too long!! 😫😢

Not requested but I realized later I didn't include swatches of the Juvia palette that was in a Ulta gwp bag in my haul last week. So here it is in case any was curious

0710201441.jpg

0710201441.jpg

  

0711202114.jpg

0711202119.jpg

  

I love the blue in this palette, @sonnydee!

I really like that one too @curlychiquita

I really like that one too @curlychiquita

Some of the new Hermes lips if anyone wants them. Depending on the shade the formula changes a bit. Delicious light floral that doesn’t linger long. (Cross post from S/S releases 2020 thread for other pics). Rouge Bleu Mat, Rouge Velour Mat, Rouge Piment Satin, LE Violet, Rouge H Mat and H Satin. Bleu is great blue red tho bullet is a bit bumpy ( maybe just mine, gonna ask), Piment is smooth lovely neutral but blueish red satin, H is probably my favorite both in satin and mat. Maybe looks more brown on my skin but is perfect burgundy. Piment is next fav. Tough to get Bleu and Piment to show properly on my pics. Violet is purple toned but again when on shows more to the burgundy. Lovely.  They are not quite this bright on. Mat is nice light formula and I feel similar to Pat M. Satin feels wonderful on. Good pigment to all, not tons of wear time but good, minimal if any feathering so far. Lipstick is quite heavy with magnetic snap to it. Usual yummy orange packaging with canvas case. 😊

Rouge Bleu MatRouge Bleu Mat

Rouge Velour MatRouge Velour Mat

Rouge Piment satinRouge Piment satin

Rouge H satin and H MatRouge H satin and H Mat

LE Violet, Rouge H mat, H satinLE Violet, Rouge H mat, H satin

Cute packaging.Cute packaging.

Lipstick cases regular and LE 

C7B1B11D-1CAB-43D0-A131-5BB950508C73.jpeg

New Haus Slayer liner, Scheme gloss. 

Liner on top, gloss , then both on bottom. 

@meganlisa @TraceyEB @2manyperfumes @curlychiquita 01D57BA2-A296-4C9B-BF43-300CAD16613B.jpeg

6396A62C-99DA-4A8B-B7FB-311507397A2A.jpeg

@Sunnysmom SO pretty! Thanks for swatching! 

Best,
Rebecca

Thanks @RebeccaBT ! So fun! 

I answered @WinglessOne on lipstick thread but I love the liner underneath the gloss. Quite long lasting, slight plasticky taste at first , slightly tacky not bad. Liner quite smooth. Similar to Mac burgundy I think.  Gloss on its own didn’t last forever mainly because I smack my lips with gloss I think! Operator error. Gloss is more purple than liner or pics but still very pretty deep color when combined. 

I love the colors, do they wear well, meaning buttery texture, good blending? I have heard negatives about the coral palette on YouTube, but I want to hear other opinions. 

testing