Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

@DaintyDiva LOL Don't you hate taking pictures at night? I run all over the house looking for the best light 😄 

I totally see the orange in the 402! And yeah you could be right about the shades not matching up properly. I found some swatches (not great) so I'll post them above. 

Yikes a big week oops lol. My Victoria Beckham already arrived! What! ( and Hourglass palette which is just as pretty as it looks btw!) Couldn’t wait to try out VB. It’s truly gorgeous packaging and all. Very heavy little thin flat tortoise, almost like business card case and applies like a dream. This is Tuxedo Smoke. The grey- Rain not chalky a bit , black - Noir goes on very easily ( I’m looking at you new CT!) , creme - Blanc is yummy , taupey browny bronze - Fumee on end is my favorite. Teeny teeny shimmer is all. Reminds me kind of old Trish Mc if anyone recalls those where they blended into each other. Not always my fav idea but I surely love this one! Kind of sad how small each is however ( compared to old EL VB) but it’s ok. Sooo good. Bronze liner is totally cremey and just glides on. Separate sharpener with it.  Must have good staying power as well bec it’s still on my arm after cleaning them off. Call me impressed. It does not disappoint! Can’t believe it arrived so quickly. Wow. Can’t wait to see others soon! @meganlisa , @blackkitty2014 , @TraceyEB , @Ispend2much6 , @makeitup305 Tuxedo smoke palette, Bronze linerTuxedo smoke palette, Bronze liner

17A555C2-CB76-4971-88D3-420833081792.jpeg

C80487D5-D8BC-453A-868C-72BEB0D892A9.jpeg

81939154-ED9A-4BBB-9678-648FC8D2309E.jpeg

2B663B0C-AFA1-4674-B2A1-0486DC67DBEF.jpeg

New Hourglass GhostNew Hourglass Ghost

@Sunnysmom thanks for the swatches! The VB palettes do look so pretty!

I’m impressed with the Tuxedo one @Kim888 .  Wouldn’t a green be fun?! 😱

@Sunnysmom Wow that's a seriously gorgeous palette! It's hard to get cool tones to swatch like that. I'm glad you're enjoying it! Are you thinking of picking up any of the potted shadows?

@makeitup305 they are for sure. I don’t think I will get the pots tho they look so pretty on I’m afraid just too much sparkle for me. Until I can maybe see some real life posted swatches also. Did you? 

@Sunnysmom no, not yet, but I'm definitely all about that sparkle. Since it's part of her permanent range I'll probably wait for some reviews and to see what else is dropping for the holidays. I'm seriously impressed by your cool-toned palette swatches. Hope everything else she puts out is just as good!

I will def like to see them on you if you get them @makeitup305 .  I always like the idea and they look so good on her pics but sometime just turn into a bit of a sparkley mess on me ugg! Maybe these would prove me wrong I hope! Let me know if you try them please ☺️ . I look forward to the other new items too! Hope lips are next! At least this way is a bit easier on the $ going out all at once also?!! 

@Sonnysmom, so good to hear how pleased you are with the...

@Sonnysmom, so good to hear how pleased you are with the VB eyeshadow palette. I'm leery about the eye liner because the ELxVB liner smudged and transferred; it was a mess for these oily lids.

Re: @Sonnysmom, so good to hear how pleased you are with the...

I hear you on the liners @TraceyEB I’m curious to see how these do. I had some trouble with those also. I do want this bronze for more of a smudged look both over and under so it may not be too bad for this purpose and I also use them over shadows to keep em in place a bit more. Do you or under? I did order the black one too so will be interested to see how it does as I don’t want that one smudged and all over the place! 🤣 The shadows stayed in place all day yesterday w just a bit of my fav Nars Oaxaca under it all. 😊

@Sunnysmom  Oh, the Hourglass Ghost is so pretty!! Mine is on the way and I can't wait to see if it's as great as the other palettes!!! Enjoy your goodies!!😊

Oh I think you’ll love it @yankeefaithful , hope so! I love the clear bottom case too. Know some don’t but I do! 💞

@Sunnysmom Oh the VB collection is DIVINE! I'm always wary of blended eyeshadow palettes, but this just looks too gorgeous to mind! The swatches...swoon, that light gray is amazing.

The hourglass is so pretty too! I'm waiting on the blush quad since I've got more finishing powders than I know what to do with, but one can NEVER have too much blush 🙂 

I’m looking forward to using it a lot I know @MissPuff.  Did you order one? Agree on the blended palette but I’m going to forgive her for this one!

Will you show your Hourglass quad when you get it please? Really on the fence on it but I tend to agree on never having enough blush! I should probably just do it. I’ve agonized over much more and it’s not so bad money wise. Think it’s just the cumulation of all the new fall stuff taking a $ toll. A person can truly only buy and use so much. Ugh. lol. It’s just all so pretty!

@Sunnysmom The VB eyes are lovely.  And completely perfect for everyday.  Stunning.

I got my hourglass today as well. So happy with it.  Seems cooler than last year?  What do you think?

I figured you would also @meganlisa , awesome! Yes I do think it’s cooler which I’m happy about. Are you? Not sure about the bronzer tho or is it just more neutral for both maybe. Did you get the quad? What you think, is it also cooler or no? You like? 

I totally had my eye on that VB palette (plus the blue one) and the hourglass @Sunnysmom   Did you see there are LE red lipsticks in the Cle de Peau holiday release? Haven’t been able to find swatches yet. 

Ok @lipstick4soul just opened it. You get it? It’s so vibrant and pretty- Red Passion. Great pigmented same formula in cherry red. I compared it here with last year’s holiday fuschia Paint Me, Decadent, Pillow Book. I think it’s most like Decadent personally. Red PassionRed Passion

Red Passion, Paint Me, Decadent, Pillow BookRed Passion, Paint Me, Decadent, Pillow Book

83CF2694-799D-457B-B703-F45E0857153A.jpeg

@Sunnysmom @lipstick4soul Wow.  Now I need to order them too.  Seriously stunning shades.  So much for avoiding that expensive bullet (but so worth it!!!)/

I know you would love them @meganlisa .  Wish I hadn’t discovered how good their lips are besides the skin care. lol  I have a liquid lip in Evening Flame also and is super good. 

It’s beautiful @Sunnysmom  The swatches are so helpful. I bet they look more differentiated on than in the swatches. I actually ordered the liquid lip (velvet crush). It arrived yesterday but I haven’t opened it yet. Will swatch later today. 

7 Replies
testing