Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Yes girl

Just received the new Shiseido power matte lipsticks from revamped collection. Wow. These are quite amazing. May be some of new favorites! Apply like a dream, super silky/ velvety and have pretty light glow almost to them so you see your lips through them yet they are def opaque at same time if that makes sense. Zero bleeding, beautiful pigment! They feel like air! Case is heavy and  has strong magnetized click. Tried a few reds plus the sample size and just ordered some pinks and new gel one also. These are great!! Try them you guys! Anxious to try shadows and other new stuff. @Ispend2much6@TraceyEB@blackkitty2014

Shiseido Power matte L to R- Exotic Red, Velvet Rope, Mellow Drama ( pup in background oops!)Shiseido Power matte L to R- Exotic Red, Velvet Rope, Mellow Drama ( pup in background oops!)

F8DCB2C5-8342-4935-88E9-5D279FCCED30.jpeg

@Sunnysmom What pretty shades! Thanks for sharing!

Best,
Rebecca 

Thanks! Yes @RebeccaBT good formula great shades I think! 

Thx so much for posting @Sunnysmom.  The pup can photo-bomb anytime 😉 I like Exotic Red a lot.  I need to look into this.

@blackkitty2014 He’s a goofball for sure. Loves his daily dose of sunshine! 

Yes I bet you would love these lips. Exotic Red is very unique. I love it. Let us know what you get!! 😘 

Those look gorgeous on your skin tone ! Exotic Red looks purple in me . I really NEED this lipstick in a warm , rusty red . Or even a red that’s not pink or blue . Any suggestions? Did you test the Visionairy lipstick wear time and transfer ? How does it compare to the Modernmatte?

@LipFeind Aww thank you so much! It’s weird bec tho I’m kind of warm yellowy skin the blue reds look best on me at least I think. Lol. So these are up my alley but there were a bunch of them more in the rusty red vein. It is nutty how Exotic Red looks so purple on you. U must have lots of red in your lips? Lucky I say! ☺️ And isn’t it crazy how it has that so pretty glow to it even tho a so called matte? I think gorg! I didn’t test the other VisionAiry formula other than my hand and it did stain but I personally felt matte stayed on longer. Just me. And I also think V formula had more rusty tones Vs mattes which seemed bluer in nature tho there were some.   Again on me. Semi nude and Nocturnal come to mind in the Mattes. Nocturnal is still gorgeous I thought. In V formula Shizuka red is more rusty and prob best option for you. Other orangey tones too.  But that was good warm red. If u haven’t seen them yet I am happy to go back in and look and PM you with some specific swatches? Just let me know! 

@Sunnysmom , Thank you so much for the reply and descriptions! You’re absolutely right that the Modernmatte has a gorgeous glow about it ! Especially for a matte . And feels so nice on the lips . Actually, I have zero pigment in my lips . That’s why I love lipstick so much . I look dead without it 😂. I’m a natural redhead with pink undertones . But cool reds always show up pink or pink on me . I hate it cuz there are so many gorgeous cool reds . They just morph on me I guess . I’d be thrilled to find a true neutral red that actually looks red on me . I’d love to see more swatches of the Modernmatte or Visionairy if you have any . I’m too far away from anywhere that carries them to swatch myself. I’ll attach a pic of Exotic Red swatched next to Kat Von D Misfit on my arm to show you how the Exotic Red shows up on me . It’s crazy how different it looks on me than it does on you . Thanks again for your reply 😊Natural light, KVD Misfit left , Exotic Red RightNatural light, KVD Misfit left , Exotic Red RightIndoor light , KVD Misfit Left , Exotic Red rightIndoor light , KVD Misfit Left , Exotic Red right

@LipFeind  I have that issue also.  Reds never show up as reds on me, not usually.  The ones that do are the ones that are actually wine shades or have a tint of brown to them.  Another one that does show as red for me is Bobbi Brown's Crushed Lip Color in Ruby.  Also, if I use her Art Stick in Bare as a base, I can get reds to look more red on me.  That worked combining Bare with the Crushed Lip Color in Grenadine.  The Art Stick isn't very dry, so you have to pat on a layer before swiping with the lipstick tube itself, but it does work for me.

Glad I’m not the only one this happens to ! I’ll try the Bobbi Brown stick under lipsticks. There’s actually a store nearby which MIGHT have it . You’d think our pale lips would pull more true colors . I sometimes add a yellow lipstick ( from my Pony Palette ) on top of red shades to pull the purple , wine , brown out . But the pony shades are too shiny and make the color come off . Plus , it’s hard to drag a palette and brush around all day for touch ups . A stick would be easier . Thanks for the tip 😊

@LipFeind Lol me too on the pale lips! I look ridic and dead in so many colors! I will work on this and get some swatches for you from my SA there as she’s very pale also! Any other lines you like?! I’ll have her do some work for us! 😉Love these projects! I’m all things lips obsessed so I get it! Have you seen the Pat M lippies? I feel like some good rusty reds in her stuff too. The new Dior Diable is a gorgeous red w some brown in it so u may like it. I swathed it earlier on here I think? Or Urban Decay and Bite too? So many on there. Just random ideas! I’ll get back to you! 😘

@Sunnysmom , WOW ! You’re the BEST ! Thank you so much ! I’ve narrowed down some shades I’m interested in . The Visionairy shades I think I’d love are : Ginza Red , Lantern Red , Shizuka Red and any other warm red . In Modernmatte: Flame , Nightlife , Hyper Red , Semi Nude and any other warm reds . I’d LOVE to see Pat McGrath swatches , Urban Decay.... any warm reds in nice formulas . I’ve tried all the Bite Beauty colors . Love Bite . Had them make me a special bespoke color that’s gorgeous! I’m absolutely so grateful for your help , as long as it’s no trouble. I never dreamed everyone would be so helpful. I’m happy to help you any way I can too ! HUGE HUGS , My fellow pale lipped lovely woman 🤗

It’s no trouble at all truly I’m happy to do it! It’ll be fun. I hope you find some you love as a result! For some reason I’m drawing a blank on the true color of Hyper Red tho I did order it too but I think it’s more of a true neutral red probably leaning more to the blue side tho. Maybe not and I’m nutty after looking at so many...but think so. It’s def bright and pretty tho. If a true neutral red it could be perfect for you too :). It sounds like you have some great ones too! I also did the Bite bespoke colors! Didn’t you love it?! I will def let you help me anytime too!! Too fun thank you! Why this community is so great! 

I’ll find you very soon, probably tomorrow! Xo

@Sunnysmom , You’re just too sweet ! I know what ya mean about seeing so many colors you forget which looked like what . Every time I do get a chance to go to Sephora, 1.5 hours away , I spend HOURS swatching lipsticks. Both arms are covered up to my shoulders in swatches . I rarely get to go because I work construction, and I’m remodeling my new house in the evening after work . No days off . I do go get beauty treatment at an esthetician every few months . That’s when I hit Sephora afterwards cuz it’s near her office 🤗. My Sephora doesn’t carry Shiseido lipsticks yet . I’m hoping since Shiseido is an Asian brand , their reds will suit me . For some reason, I look good in Asian lip colors . I do have some lovely lipsticks colors , but I SWEAR they discontinue every color I truly fall in love with ( Burt’s Bees Coffee Lip Shimmer was my perfect red ! L’Oreal Caresse Shine Stain in Everlasting Caramel was my next perfect red . Gone bye bye 😞) I’m quite picky when it comes to lipstick. I want miracles out of them ! I want the perfect, lasting formula that’s not too dry , not too pink , not too purple, not too clown like 😂. I’ve also come to prefer matte or satin lipstick. Just a few months ago, while trying to dupe everlasting caramel , I hated matte lipstick. Now , Bite Beauty changed that with their satin matte finish 😍. I had Bite Beauty make me a dupe of Buxom’s Covert Affair lip pencil into a matte lipstick.  It suits me PERFECTLY. I wish their matte formula stayed on my lips as well as the Amuse Bouche , but it still stays on fairly well if I blot , reapply , blot . I didn’t get the pleasure of the bespoke service in person. I mailed them a generous sample and they matched it on the first try . I live in TN , so I can’t go to the lab easily. I plan to someday tho . Anyway, I’ll quit blabbing . If there’s anything I can do to return the favor of swatches, let me know . Hope you’re having a wonderful day . I’m off to a family reunion at the river . A day off ! YAY 😀 

@LipFeind Oh man I get it truly I do! I’m same way. Always discontinuing my favorites! Ugg. I’m sure SA think I’m nuts when I drag out an old shade I adore looking to duplicate it! Bite also did amazing job with my favorite old Mac, it’s very pretty but I totally agree with you on the matte Vs AB formula! Too funny. I’m gonna PM you now ok?! Your beauty days sound so good and well deserved too!  Enjoy your fun day planned! Xo

@Sunnysmom , HAHA ! The SA’s must think I’m crazy too . When they come and ask me if I need help , once I explain what I’m looking for ( the impossible) , they politely point me toward a brand and run away . They can tell I’m hard to impress and don’t bother 😂. That suits me fine cuz they can never find shades I like . They’ll suggest a color , I try it on , it morphs before their eyes to an unflattering shade , and they’re as stumped as I am . I prefer they leave me alone anyway 😂. Glad I’m not the only one who likes the AB Formula best in Bite beauty . Thought I mighta been crazy . At least Hot Harissa and Crushed Chili look good on me . Chai is nice on me too . I did enjoy my day . Now I’m gonna snuggle with my man and watch true crime shows . We’ve earned some rest . Thanks again for everything 😘

@LipFeind That’s too funny! The good SA’s should love a good challenge I’d think! Some of mine do! I love those Bite shades and they look so bad on me!! Thank goodness there’s something for everyone right?! Enjoy your crime shows!! I love them too!! The Crystal Rogers one oh my! 🤣

Those swatches are gorgeous -I love how you can see the shape of the stick at the beginning of each color, @Sunnysmom! I just picked up Disrobed and The Exotic Red GWP. Could not believe how soft, lightweight, and longwearing it is. ❤️!!!

@eshoe I know! Shape is good! Kind of like the Stiks lipsticks! I’m crazy about Exotic Red. Was so excited to get that GWP too! 

Stiks, @Sunnysmom? Is that the brand? I’ve never heard of them!

1 Reply
testing