Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

I took 3 photos to show everyone. The first is the normal swatch. The second is after a minute or so and rubbing it back and forth. The third was rubbing it back and forth again to show my husband after a couple minutes have passed.  I was shocked. You really don’t have much smudge time if you wait too long. Also, a baby wipe doesn’t take it off completely but a makeup wipe did.  Since you can’t sharpen it, I just roll the edges over a tissue or paper towel to sharpen it. The formula is creamy and glides on effortlessly.  The colors I got was PATRICK TA Major Dimension Precision Gel Eyeliner Cream   PATRICK TA Major Dimension Precision Gel Eyeliner Deep Bronze  

SportyGirly125_0-1623004771877.jpeg

When just applied

SportyGirly125_1-1623004771883.jpeg

After it was on my arm for a minute or so and rubbing it back and forth

SportyGirly125_2-1623004771816.jpeg

Rubbing it back and forth again after a couple minutes have passed to show my husband

This is so pretty @SportyGirly125 ! The unique deep bronze color caught my eye when I was in store and immediately went on my list! Good to hear it’s long lasting too! 

@SportyGirly125 ,

Thanks for the swatches and for bringing this palette to our attention!  So Gorgeous! 

@tsavorite @You are welcome. It’s a gorgeous nude palette. 

Yes this is gorgeous. Thank you for the swatches @SportyGirly125 .

@eshoe It really is. Love the big mirror, rose gold case and the colors. 

Pretty! I’m intrigued but trying to low buy it these days. What do you think, is it a must? @SportyGirly125 💕💕

@sister13 It's my kind of palette.  I did a look with it and posted it in the What are you wearing today Pt2 thread

I love the different formulas included in it.  Is it a must? No not really.

I’ve been loving with the Olio E Osso sticks this spring. They are just so fresh and easy to use! I was hoping bronze would be a bit darker, it’s hard to see here, I may have to look into walnut 

4CEEF4DA-B09A-4870-A554-7807E6FBE19C.jpeg

68FB0BEE-966F-48D2-934F-68F4BCC37F33.jpeg

Yes girl

Just received the new Shiseido power matte lipsticks from revamped collection. Wow. These are quite amazing. May be some of new favorites! Apply like a dream, super silky/ velvety and have pretty light glow almost to them so you see your lips through them yet they are def opaque at same time if that makes sense. Zero bleeding, beautiful pigment! They feel like air! Case is heavy and  has strong magnetized click. Tried a few reds plus the sample size and just ordered some pinks and new gel one also. These are great!! Try them you guys! Anxious to try shadows and other new stuff. @Ispend2much6@TraceyEB@blackkitty2014

Shiseido Power matte L to R- Exotic Red, Velvet Rope, Mellow Drama ( pup in background oops!)Shiseido Power matte L to R- Exotic Red, Velvet Rope, Mellow Drama ( pup in background oops!)

F8DCB2C5-8342-4935-88E9-5D279FCCED30.jpeg

@Sunnysmom What pretty shades! Thanks for sharing!

Best,
Rebecca 

Thanks! Yes @RebeccaBT good formula great shades I think! 

Thx so much for posting @Sunnysmom.  The pup can photo-bomb anytime 😉 I like Exotic Red a lot.  I need to look into this.

@blackkitty2014 He’s a goofball for sure. Loves his daily dose of sunshine! 

Yes I bet you would love these lips. Exotic Red is very unique. I love it. Let us know what you get!! 😘 

Those look gorgeous on your skin tone ! Exotic Red looks purple in me . I really NEED this lipstick in a warm , rusty red . Or even a red that’s not pink or blue . Any suggestions? Did you test the Visionairy lipstick wear time and transfer ? How does it compare to the Modernmatte?

@LipFeind Aww thank you so much! It’s weird bec tho I’m kind of warm yellowy skin the blue reds look best on me at least I think. Lol. So these are up my alley but there were a bunch of them more in the rusty red vein. It is nutty how Exotic Red looks so purple on you. U must have lots of red in your lips? Lucky I say! ☺️ And isn’t it crazy how it has that so pretty glow to it even tho a so called matte? I think gorg! I didn’t test the other VisionAiry formula other than my hand and it did stain but I personally felt matte stayed on longer. Just me. And I also think V formula had more rusty tones Vs mattes which seemed bluer in nature tho there were some.   Again on me. Semi nude and Nocturnal come to mind in the Mattes. Nocturnal is still gorgeous I thought. In V formula Shizuka red is more rusty and prob best option for you. Other orangey tones too.  But that was good warm red. If u haven’t seen them yet I am happy to go back in and look and PM you with some specific swatches? Just let me know! 

@Sunnysmom , Thank you so much for the reply and descriptions! You’re absolutely right that the Modernmatte has a gorgeous glow about it ! Especially for a matte . And feels so nice on the lips . Actually, I have zero pigment in my lips . That’s why I love lipstick so much . I look dead without it 😂. I’m a natural redhead with pink undertones . But cool reds always show up pink or pink on me . I hate it cuz there are so many gorgeous cool reds . They just morph on me I guess . I’d be thrilled to find a true neutral red that actually looks red on me . I’d love to see more swatches of the Modernmatte or Visionairy if you have any . I’m too far away from anywhere that carries them to swatch myself. I’ll attach a pic of Exotic Red swatched next to Kat Von D Misfit on my arm to show you how the Exotic Red shows up on me . It’s crazy how different it looks on me than it does on you . Thanks again for your reply 😊Natural light, KVD Misfit left , Exotic Red RightNatural light, KVD Misfit left , Exotic Red RightIndoor light , KVD Misfit Left , Exotic Red rightIndoor light , KVD Misfit Left , Exotic Red right

@LipFeind  I have that issue also.  Reds never show up as reds on me, not usually.  The ones that do are the ones that are actually wine shades or have a tint of brown to them.  Another one that does show as red for me is Bobbi Brown's Crushed Lip Color in Ruby.  Also, if I use her Art Stick in Bare as a base, I can get reds to look more red on me.  That worked combining Bare with the Crushed Lip Color in Grenadine.  The Art Stick isn't very dry, so you have to pat on a layer before swiping with the lipstick tube itself, but it does work for me.

Glad I’m not the only one this happens to ! I’ll try the Bobbi Brown stick under lipsticks. There’s actually a store nearby which MIGHT have it . You’d think our pale lips would pull more true colors . I sometimes add a yellow lipstick ( from my Pony Palette ) on top of red shades to pull the purple , wine , brown out . But the pony shades are too shiny and make the color come off . Plus , it’s hard to drag a palette and brush around all day for touch ups . A stick would be easier . Thanks for the tip 😊

46 Replies
testing