Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

@tsavorite I hope they're good! I definitely recommend any and all of these!

@makeitup305,

I really appreciate these swatches!  They look lovely!  Thanks!  🙂

IMG_3119.jpgPosting swatch comparisons of the two L'Oréal x Balmain (LxB) lipsticks that I have:

L-R: NARS Audacious Linda, LxB Fever, Linda (again, because I'm an idiot), LxB Domination, NARS Cruella lip pencil and NARS Audacious Jane on the bottom

Fever is nothing like what I have in my collection, I thought it would be close to Linda or Jane but Linda is much more brown and Jane is more pinky. I think Jane may be a close match for LxB Confession as well. @Mochapj I always think of you when I see orange lipsticks, I wonder if you'd like this one?

Domination is more blue toned than Cruella and brighter. It still is a fairly neutral red, IMO.

Oh thanks @k617 ! That is a very interesting shade.

i’m also curious about the texture as I’d read the Balmain collab lipsticks were very dry.

I also have a lip swatch:

IMG_3121.jpg

Now that you and @ClassicallyFab have mentioned it, I would say they're definitely NOT moisturizing lipsticks but I wouldn't necessarily call them dry either. They are very smooth during application (these 2 colours anyway, some of the darker colours look really patchy) and do eventually dry down to a matte finish while not being transfer proof. I think the dryness is no more than some of the better, less drying liquid lipsticks out there.

Looks really pretty on @k617 - kinda like a matte version of UD epigram 

Yes, @Mochapj! I'll have to swatch next to Epigram tonight. I think Epigram is likely a tiny bit more brown and muted.

When I first put this one I thought it would end up a bright orange, but luckily, as the lipstick set it looks more like a reddish orange.

I'm sitting at my desk laughing aloud at "because I'm an idiot...". ❤️ Thanks for these swatches. How do you like the LxB lipsticks? I heard they were dry, so I haven't purchased them...

Haha @ClassicallyFab! There was more to it, too. Linda was the first I swatched , then I placed all the other colours and...finally thought I reached for Jane but I actually picked up Linda again instead. I even went "oh wow, Jane looks SO similar to Linda! I thought it was more coral!"

Hahahaha! It’s so much like things I do. Too cute! So funny. Wish I was there. We’d be laugh-crying.

Some time ago I asked about some concealer swatches... No response. So, I'm posting these just in case. They could be helpful to my fair peeps...

Top to bottom:

KVD Light 1

NARS Chantilly

ELDW Extra Light

MUFE Full Coverage 1 Pink Porcelain

NARS Vanilla

ELDW Light

concealers3.jpg

Anonymous Insider

Could you please tell me what undertone I should be using in a concealer to correct black under eye bags? I have fair to medium skin. Sorry to be asking such a basic question but I'm new to online buying and I don't have a Sephora near me. Thanks so much.

wow i've never seen chantilly look so dark !!!!

And oh so bright yellow! 😉 ( Can't believe I used to wear it. I must have looked like a clown. The thing is so bright yellow on me it's ridiculous. )

Hey, that's better than looking more orange than Trump! I used to wear the lighest foundation shade from Kanebo Sensei and Sulwhasoo and only recently realized how orange they were on me. :') 

Thank you for the swatches! 

Haha! True! Alas, I've been plenty orange... once upon a time... when I didn't know any better. Yikes! 😄

Goodness Lyra, your skin is so creamy it looks like it's radiating moonlight 😉

Aww, Mocha dawling, if that's not the most beautiful thing anyone has ever said to me.... 😉

Can anyone swatch Dose of Colours Truffle, Stone, and Bare with Me? I'm debating whether to order these, and would love to know if it's worth the plunge!

Also, if anyone wants to give a mini review, that would be great too! Thanks!! Heart

Stone is a must! I love it with nars el Agua. My least favorite is bare with me as it doesn't go on as opaque initially and requires the right pencil to make it work, but still pretty.  I have swatches on my ig if you're interested (brunettespylove )

Ah, good to know! I love the colour of Bare with Me, but I don't wear nudes often. I think I'll pass on it and stick with Truffle and Stone 🙂

testing