Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

And we can guess that the palettes will be as good as the names...

In a rush...I skip eye shadow but always have tons of lipstick in my bag.  It's a must have!

Anonymous Insider

Can anyone please swatch Tom Ford Lipstick Violet Fatale and Velvet Violet???

I grabbed all the TF lipsticks that I KNOW will look ok on me, but violet (or magenta) is not my shade to go. I already have Velvet Violet, so I wanted to know how Violet Fatale is compared to VV. 

What's your skintone? I don't have them with me right now but I can post later if no one else does. In the tube, VV is matte, brighter, more pink and has no shimmer; VF/Xavier is satin, darker, more purple and has shimmer.

Anonymous Insider

Light (not super light), neutral skin tone!

If you can spare some time, can I see your swatch too...?

Anonymous Insider

Thank you so much!!! I had trouble searching through Sephora...!

I may skip VF after all! 

GC and I think they are the same except for VV is matte.

VV looks more opaque to me too, that could just be the lighting or my eyes

I have violet fatale (xavier in the lips and boys), but I do not have have VV. I am happy to post VF, but I'm sure someone has both 😉

Could someone please swatch Mac Dark Side Vs Mac Sin... I have Sin already and trying to debate If I want Dark Side... Thanks 🙂

I'm interested to see these swatches as well.

I couldn't resist the packaging of the Dark Side lipstick ( I just gave in and ordered all four of the Magic of the Night Collection) So when I get it in I can swatch them if someone hasn't by then. 🙂

I've done watches over in the MAC releases thread of the 3 permenant colors that launched, Please Me, Dark Side, and All Fired Up. I can post them here if you would like. I don't have Evening Rendezouvs yet though.

I have dark side, but don't have sin. 😞

I decided to swatch a couple other popular MAC lipsticks for reference since I don't have Sin.

Under White indoor light:

DSCN1235.JPG

Outside full sunlight:

DSCN1236.JPG

Left to Right: Japanese Maple, Sweet and Sour, Dark Side

i have sin but not darkside. i can post a swatch tomorrow. if you want to post yours, it may still give dd a good idea ? i think sometimes in this thread we'll need to get a bit creative

Yes please!!!

Comparisons of TF formulas in Velvet Cherry and Impassioned. Slight color differences in them. Impassioned original seems more red and satin matte more brown red. Satin matte still my favorite. 
@blackkitty2014 @Ispend2much6 .

Top to bottom: Velvet Cherry original, matte, satin matte, Impassioned original, satin matteTop to bottom: Velvet Cherry original, matte, satin matte, Impassioned original, satin matte

@Sunnysmom   Those are simply gorgeous!  I can see why you like them.

@Ispend2much6 so predictable right?! 😘

Thx you so much @Sunnysmom 🥰 I ordered Impassioned Metallic last weekend or so along with a bunch of other stuffs. None of them shipped yet. I’m kicking myself for not ordering all of them first day of the sale 😘 The ones I ordered first day of the sale came so fast 😂🤣 

testing