Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

I couldn't resist the packaging of the Dark Side lipstick ( I just gave in and ordered all four of the Magic of the Night Collection) So when I get it in I can swatch them if someone hasn't by then. 🙂

I've done watches over in the MAC releases thread of the 3 permenant colors that launched, Please Me, Dark Side, and All Fired Up. I can post them here if you would like. I don't have Evening Rendezouvs yet though.

I have dark side, but don't have sin. 😞

I decided to swatch a couple other popular MAC lipsticks for reference since I don't have Sin.

Under White indoor light:

DSCN1235.JPG

Outside full sunlight:

DSCN1236.JPG

Left to Right: Japanese Maple, Sweet and Sour, Dark Side

i have sin but not darkside. i can post a swatch tomorrow. if you want to post yours, it may still give dd a good idea ? i think sometimes in this thread we'll need to get a bit creative

Yes please!!!

Comparisons of TF formulas in Velvet Cherry and Impassioned. Slight color differences in them. Impassioned original seems more red and satin matte more brown red. Satin matte still my favorite. 
@blackkitty2014 @Ispend2much6 .

Top to bottom: Velvet Cherry original, matte, satin matte, Impassioned original, satin matteTop to bottom: Velvet Cherry original, matte, satin matte, Impassioned original, satin matte

@Sunnysmom   Those are simply gorgeous!  I can see why you like them.

@Ispend2much6 so predictable right?! 😘

Thx you so much @Sunnysmom 🥰 I ordered Impassioned Metallic last weekend or so along with a bunch of other stuffs. None of them shipped yet. I’m kicking myself for not ordering all of them first day of the sale 😘 The ones I ordered first day of the sale came so fast 😂🤣 

@blackkitty2014 I know, I’m bummed I didn’t jump on metallic velvet cherry but I couldn’t decide! Love to see what shades you got sometime! 🤗

Thanks for the swatches, @Sunnysmom !  It's funny that you mention you like the satin matte.  When looking at the online swatches, I was thinking the those swatches stood out; they seemed richer or something.  I thought it was my imagination, maybe not.

@Titian06 That is how I feel too for sure. Perfect mix of the regular and matte and I think the shades are just richer also. Imo. I always love TF lips but mattes feel a bit too dry and others don’t last enough so this has been my preference with older shades too. 🥰

@CookieGirl1 told you I didn't forget about you! but as I'm writing this out I remembered that i left out Fenty products & my new MJ blushes...not that they would be dupes. Hopefully it wont be too confusing!All the blushes...except ones I forgot! LolAll the blushes...except ones I forgot! Lol

Some open but not close, so I didnt swatch. Nars Goule & TF Funfetti, case you were curiousSome open but not close, so I didnt swatch. Nars Goule & TF Funfetti, case you were curious

0416201925.jpg

First group of swatches, referred to as pic 1.First group of swatches, referred to as pic 1.

Pic 1: ND mini bloom, 2. Nars orgasm, 3. Nomad Positamo Sunrise, 4.KA Rose Cliff mid shade, 5.KA all shades mixed,6.Huda Ibiza-Pink sands palettePic 1: ND mini bloom, 2. Nars orgasm, 3. Nomad Positamo Sunrise, 4.KA Rose Cliff mid shade, 5.KA all shades mixed,6.Huda Ibiza-Pink sands palette

Big ND palettes, referred to as Pic 2Big ND palettes, referred to as Pic 2

Pic 2: ND mini bloom, 2. ND Darya cream, 3. ND Darya powder blush, 4.ND darya powder over cream, 5.ND Citrus Cream, 6.ND citrus powder, 7.ND Citrus powder over crePic 2: ND mini bloom, 2. ND Darya cream, 3. ND Darya powder blush, 4.ND darya powder over cream, 5.ND Citrus Cream, 6.ND citrus powder, 7.ND Citrus powder over cre

Small ND palettes, referred to as Pic 3.Small ND palettes, referred to as Pic 3.

Pic 3: ND mini bloom, 2. ND love cream, 3. ND love super glow. 4. ND love glow over creamPic 3: ND mini bloom, 2. ND love cream, 3. ND love super glow. 4. ND love glow over cream

Pic 3.  ND mini bloom, Swatches of ND bloom, bottom as all 4.Pic 3. ND mini bloom, Swatches of ND bloom, bottom as all 4.

@sonnydee You enabler you! Everything is beautiful! I think I need the ND Love blush palette 🥰

the packaging is well....love! @blackkitty2014 glad to be...

the packaging is well....love! @blackkitty2014 glad to be of service😉

@sonnydee OMG girl, I can't believe you went to that much trouble to do such detailed swatches for me!!!  That was really sweet of you (and not confusing, lol).  You have a beautiful collection and the Natasha Denona Mini Bloom Blush definitely looks unique.  It's REALLY pretty--I hope you're enjoying it :).  Thanks for the great comparison pics!

no trouble, I'm a true Virgo so lists/organizing is my ki...

no trouble, I'm a true Virgo so lists/organizing is my kind of fun. I think you'll be able to almost dupe the mini with the bigger bloom palette but imo it would be too much work! @CookieGirl1 just sorry it took so long!💙

Re: no trouble, I'm a true Virgo so lists/organizing is my ki...

Oh goodness, don't apologize @sonnydee. I'm just impressed that you went to so much effort! I think I'm on a blush kick right now. I want them ALL. 

Re: no trouble, I'm a true Virgo so lists/organizing is my ki...

😁i think my blush collection is one of the smallest i have so it really wasn't too much trouble..just don't ask me for swatches of my nude palettes! Lol😉😂@CookieGirl1 hope you find all you can handle during the sale!

TARTE - Cue the Confetti Eyeshadow PaletteIMG_20200111_162841175.jpg

IMG_20200111_162611976.jpg

The shades in person don't resemble the way it looks online, I feel like it leans more twords pink shades in the description, in person it's more tan/brown. Still very pretty

1 Reply
testing