Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

I do!

L-R: Musk, Pepper, Shiraz

i122151mage.jpeg

Thank you! I wanted to get Shiraz. Would you call it a deep mauve?

Yes.  It's sort of in the same family as NARS Anna.  

Thank you mocha!

Yup. I agree - it's like a slightly darker and more muted version of Anna. Beautiful color.

I wonder how Tom Ford Theo compares to Bite 010? 

I have those! Bite 010 is cooler I think?), but they are very similar. 

Bite is the skinnier line, Theo is wider

20151128_200853.jpg

20151128_200922.jpg

Hmmm... Maybe I should see if saks would let me exchange Theo for Malik. Or maybe trade my used once bite 010 LOL

Oh wow, very similar! Zpsid you rock!

my Theo may be up for trade as I have 010. 🙂 Between the two I do like Theo better but I've used 010 once.

I did not realize/want to realize they were so similar! I think I will keep both, but I like the TF formula a bit better

Bite 010 looked so purple in the bullet and color inspiration but more pink in actuality. Very much a Felicity Smoake color (CW Arrow series). She looks amazing with those colors, I do not in pinks. Same should go for Theo.

Does anyone have swatches of Tom Ford Coco Ravish?

I just traded it away

The swatches online are all different looking. It's just one of those colors I'm on the fence about...until I see a swatch I like 🙂

Skintester posted a Browns comparison in the TF thread last week and it was included there 😉

I thought I saw one somewhere, but couldn't remember where - thanks guys!

So, here's some swatches nobody asked for but I thought were nice anyway. Pardon my hairy arm....I'm Irish haha. Here is the ABH Self Made palette on my fair skin. The palette is crying out for a matte taupe (IMO). I would have left out Spirit Rock and put in a matte taupe, like Tease from Naked 2.

First Row

Spoiler
rsz_img_1629.jpg

Second Row

Spoiler
rsz_img_1630.jpg

Palette for reference

Spoiler
rsz_img_1620.jpg

Shannon, of course you wanted a taupe. You want a taupe in everything. 😉

(But I agree. Not even the gothiest goth needs another black shadow.)

Hahaha that is a fair point. It's not even a very nice black, the glitters in it are weird. Here I am being grumbly about no matte taupes, when I just remembered that's what the Naked Basics 2 is for...

I also got the LORAC baby matte palette just to supplement this one. It doesn't have a taupe either!

LOL, Shannon, you're adorable. 🙂

Can I just tell you too, when I heard about this ABH 'Self Made' palette everyone was buzzing about, I thought ABH was releasing a customizable palette that you could buy singles for :S

2 Replies
testing