Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Skintester posted a Browns comparison in the TF thread last week and it was included there 😉

I thought I saw one somewhere, but couldn't remember where - thanks guys!

So, here's some swatches nobody asked for but I thought were nice anyway. Pardon my hairy arm....I'm Irish haha. Here is the ABH Self Made palette on my fair skin. The palette is crying out for a matte taupe (IMO). I would have left out Spirit Rock and put in a matte taupe, like Tease from Naked 2.

First Row

Spoiler
rsz_img_1629.jpg

Second Row

Spoiler
rsz_img_1630.jpg

Palette for reference

Spoiler
rsz_img_1620.jpg

Shannon, of course you wanted a taupe. You want a taupe in everything. 😉

(But I agree. Not even the gothiest goth needs another black shadow.)

Hahaha that is a fair point. It's not even a very nice black, the glitters in it are weird. Here I am being grumbly about no matte taupes, when I just remembered that's what the Naked Basics 2 is for...

I also got the LORAC baby matte palette just to supplement this one. It doesn't have a taupe either!

LOL, Shannon, you're adorable. 🙂

Can I just tell you too, when I heard about this ABH 'Self Made' palette everyone was buzzing about, I thought ABH was releasing a customizable palette that you could buy singles for :S

I thought that too

Haha they do have one! You can build a set of 4 or 8.

Uoma Beauty Coming 2 America Collection Black Magic Hypnotic Impact High Shine Lipstick

These were swiped 4x. Formula is very smooth.These were swiped 4x. Formula is very smooth.

Cross posting from 2021 Product Release Thread. The detail on these lippies is beautiful. 

3.10.21 Uoma detail 1.jpg

That lip pattern is so pretty @itsfi !

100% agree @Sunnysmom! I keep staring at it. The detail is stunning 😍 and the formula is great. Feels comfy and the color builds nicely without feeling heavy. Makes me really happy I picked up all three at once. Hahaha! 

It’s the little things that make us so happy right now right @itsfi ? And umm yes, to all of them at once...🥰.

Yes indeed @Sunnysmom! The small details matter. 😍 Especially when they look as pretty as these lippies.

Some comparisons of new Dior lipsticks in different formulas. My favorite is Rouge En Diable matte, very comfy and great pigment  (with unfortunate number of 666 😳). Least fav is 773 velvet. More patchy. Not loving their velvet formula from these shades at least. Prefer Chanel.  Satins are comfy as always. In diff lighting top to bottom: 869 Sophisticated Satin, 959 Charnelle Satin, 666 Rouge En Diable Matte, 760 Favorite Velvet, 773 Bonheur Velvet. 
@itsfi @blackkitty2014 

4AE5DB01-C38E-4E53-931F-32BEC5DF51C3.jpeg

B614ED83-43F7-4D1A-AEE9-9EFEEFB80A35.jpeg

3CE08372-22A5-4DFA-A163-887814F74E45.jpeg

@Sunnysmom Thx for the swatches. I will skip these lippies since I have too many. But if I have to choose, I’m team Chanel. I don’t even like Dior eyeshadows lol 😂🤣

Yup makes sense @blackkitty2014 ! I do like the one holiday eye from Dior but not as much as Chanel etc either. I seem to gravitate to Dior lip colors when new but then don’t wear them much anymore. Good lesson. Should have just bought the one!! 🙄😕

Those are gorgeous reds @Sunnysmom! 😍 Good to know you prefer Chanel over the Dior velvet mattes. 

Yup @itsfi definitely. Or Lisa E way better too of course . I hate the patchiness of some in this formula. Live and learn! Let me know if you try any! 

899A2BBF-529F-4F56-AF02-933182FA45B3.jpeg

Left to right Elson, Elson 3 and Blood Lust lipliner 

Oh these look so nice on you @SportyGirly125 ! 💞

testing