Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

Sephora_Shopping_Bag (2).jpg

Hi friends! While our team is spending more time at home, some of us have been doing some spring cleaning or just have a little extra time to play around with makeup, but it seems like weโ€™ve all come across products that have been living in our drawers for what feels like decades (or maybe even longer)! This got us thinking and taking a walk down memory lane and reminiscing on our first holy grail products from Sephora.

In a previous thread, some of us have talked about our first purchase ever from Sephora, but we are so interested to hear what was the first โ€œholy grailโ€ product you remember getting from Sephora that you just could not live without? Maybe it was finding that perfect lipstick, or the first foundation that was your spot-on shade match? Or even a primer or skincare product you still swear by!

Whatโ€™s the first-ever holy grail product you remember getting from Sephora? Show & Tell by replying below!

Re: RE: Re: RE: Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

@idanyd as if there was any doubt before, we are eyeshadow twin flames ๐Ÿ˜„ This was my jam. I bought it 3 times ๐Ÿ˜„

Re: Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

I think that spring cleaning is good for you guys, me too. It is also a treat to make yourself up at least once a week or once every other week to show how much you appreciate yourself ๐Ÿ™‚

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Madeleine

First great concealer to cover blemishes and brighten my undereyes. 

RE: Re: Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

Omg this would be my second! I love this stuff! Have turned quite a few friends on to it actually!!! @l8totheparty

My early years of shopping for makeup at Sephora was all over the place trying to find what I liked and quality products. I started to invest in good brushes too. In regards to Holy Grail, I would have to say TOM FORD - Cream and Powder Eye Color - Golden Peach 

I think the first product purchased from Sephora that really wowed me wasDIOR - Dior Lip Glow. Im not a lipstick girl, in fact I really cant stand it, but the Dior Lip Glow is something I can tolerate, even LIKE. And it looks phenomenal. I cant think of anything that would make it any better. Ive never hunted for anything better or cheaper. It is just the perfect product.

@grizzlymaze @Oh yes I remember being so amazed by this ! 

@grizzlymaze  oh it's soooo good.

Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

Mine was the Amino Acid facial cleanser for my face. It made my face smooth. I will recommend it to any body who has a oily, dry or sensitive skin.

CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ 4.2 oz Pump/ 125 mL  Is my favorite facial moisturizer! I have tried so many other facial moisturizers, but most aren't as good as my Clinique moisturizer. FIRST AID BEAUTY - Ultra Repairยฎ Cream Intense Hydration is another great option I have found recently, but the Clinique moisturizer was my very first HG product!

@BrendaBT Mine was Korres Vitamin e Face Primer that has been discontinued.  I really wish they would bring it back.

The Too Faced BB cream in Vanilla was my first โ€˜holy grail!   That and the Too Faced natural face palette.  I went through multiples of each of those.  Were they actually the right shade for me, lol no, but I didnโ€™t know and I felt amazing using them with some MAC Snob :). 

Mine would definitely be the FRESH - Sugar Lip Balm Sunscreen SPF 15.  I think I got a mini as one of the birthday gifts that year and I've gone through an embarrassingly large quantity of them since then.  Let's not even talk about how many I have in my stash currently, lol.

For me it was the Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara. It was perfect, black, lengthening and volumising. Being a tubing mascara it never flaked or smudged and it was easy to remove. I was heartbroken when it was discontinued and since then have tried every tubing mascara and most non tubing formulas going; none are as good. Wish theyโ€™d bring it back. 

My first is Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacialโ„ข AHA + BHA Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL although a few months ago I got a

sample of the FAB intensive peel and found that to work almost just as well and not as expensive. Iโ€™m still working through my DE and have also purchased The Ordinary peel to try.  But I do really love DE Babyfacial and am so grateful a store associate suggested it to me.  It opened up the whole category of exfoliants/peels to me!

2013 was a good year for me: Urban Decay 24/7 liners, UD Naked 2, and Fresh balms. 

RE: Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

My first โ€œholy grailโ€ was buying the Urban Decay Naked palettes and too faced chocolate bar palette! They were my first ever palettes from Sephora

My first Sephora purchase. I still have the original box. I hit pan about 3 out of 6. I remember buying it around Nov 2013. Still remembering how I kinda jealous of Rouge who got first dip ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ
AE84209A-3A20-4458-AA66-D571781BE5EF.jpeg

@blackkitty2014 Iโ€™m impressed you still have the box!

Thx @skcfan . I have a problem. I keep all the boxes. I only throw the box away when I finish the product lol ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

My first holy grail product was Sephora Complete Lip Balm in like 2006-2007ish. I still havenโ€™t found a lip balm that works as well as this one did.

*not my picture, I took it from google images90C58D39-938F-4295-BEAA-E2C3712BADB3.jpeg

testing