Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

Sephora_Shopping_Bag (2).jpg

Hi friends! While our team is spending more time at home, some of us have been doing some spring cleaning or just have a little extra time to play around with makeup, but it seems like we’ve all come across products that have been living in our drawers for what feels like decades (or maybe even longer)! This got us thinking and taking a walk down memory lane and reminiscing on our first holy grail products from Sephora.

In a previous thread, some of us have talked about our first purchase ever from Sephora, but we are so interested to hear what was the first “holy grail” product you remember getting from Sephora that you just could not live without? Maybe it was finding that perfect lipstick, or the first foundation that was your spot-on shade match? Or even a primer or skincare product you still swear by!

What’s the first-ever holy grail product you remember getting from Sephora? Show & Tell by replying below!

Re: RE: Re: RE: Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

@idanyd as if there was any doubt before, we are eyeshadow twin flames 😄 This was my jam. I bought it 3 times 😄

Re: Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

I think that spring cleaning is good for you guys, me too. It is also a treat to make yourself up at least once a week or once every other week to show how much you appreciate yourself 🙂

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Madeleine

First great concealer to cover blemishes and brighten my undereyes. 

RE: Re: Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

Omg this would be my second! I love this stuff! Have turned quite a few friends on to it actually!!! @l8totheparty

My early years of shopping for makeup at Sephora was all over the place trying to find what I liked and quality products. I started to invest in good brushes too. In regards to Holy Grail, I would have to say TOM FORD - Cream and Powder Eye Color - Golden Peach 

I think the first product purchased from Sephora that really wowed me wasDIOR - Dior Lip Glow. Im not a lipstick girl, in fact I really cant stand it, but the Dior Lip Glow is something I can tolerate, even LIKE. And it looks phenomenal. I cant think of anything that would make it any better. Ive never hunted for anything better or cheaper. It is just the perfect product.

@grizzlymaze @Oh yes I remember being so amazed by this ! 

@grizzlymaze  oh it's soooo good.

Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

Mine was the Amino Acid facial cleanser for my face. It made my face smooth. I will recommend it to any body who has a oily, dry or sensitive skin.

CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ 4.2 oz Pump/ 125 mL  Is my favorite facial moisturizer! I have tried so many other facial moisturizers, but most aren't as good as my Clinique moisturizer. FIRST AID BEAUTY - Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration is another great option I have found recently, but the Clinique moisturizer was my very first HG product!

@BrendaBT Mine was Korres Vitamin e Face Primer that has been discontinued.  I really wish they would bring it back.

The Too Faced BB cream in Vanilla was my first ‘holy grail!   That and the Too Faced natural face palette.  I went through multiples of each of those.  Were they actually the right shade for me, lol no, but I didn’t know and I felt amazing using them with some MAC Snob :). 

Mine would definitely be the FRESH - Sugar Lip Balm Sunscreen SPF 15.  I think I got a mini as one of the birthday gifts that year and I've gone through an embarrassingly large quantity of them since then.  Let's not even talk about how many I have in my stash currently, lol.

For me it was the Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara. It was perfect, black, lengthening and volumising. Being a tubing mascara it never flaked or smudged and it was easy to remove. I was heartbroken when it was discontinued and since then have tried every tubing mascara and most non tubing formulas going; none are as good. Wish they’d bring it back. 

My first is Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial™ AHA + BHA Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL although a few months ago I got a

sample of the FAB intensive peel and found that to work almost just as well and not as expensive. I’m still working through my DE and have also purchased The Ordinary peel to try.  But I do really love DE Babyfacial and am so grateful a store associate suggested it to me.  It opened up the whole category of exfoliants/peels to me!

2013 was a good year for me: Urban Decay 24/7 liners, UD Naked 2, and Fresh balms. 

RE: Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

My first “holy grail” was buying the Urban Decay Naked palettes and too faced chocolate bar palette! They were my first ever palettes from Sephora

My first Sephora purchase. I still have the original box. I hit pan about 3 out of 6. I remember buying it around Nov 2013. Still remembering how I kinda jealous of Rouge who got first dip 😂🤣
AE84209A-3A20-4458-AA66-D571781BE5EF.jpeg

@blackkitty2014 I’m impressed you still have the box!

Thx @skcfan . I have a problem. I keep all the boxes. I only throw the box away when I finish the product lol 😂🤣

My first holy grail product was Sephora Complete Lip Balm in like 2006-2007ish. I still haven’t found a lip balm that works as well as this one did.

*not my picture, I took it from google images90C58D39-938F-4295-BEAA-E2C3712BADB3.jpeg

1 Reply
testing