Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

How Much Did You Spend at Sephora in 2020?

Hey, y'all!!!  I couldn't find any similar threads on BIC and I am genuinely curious if anyone here pays attention to/tracks their annual Sephora spend?  I usually don't and I have tried and failed to track overall beauty purchases a few times, but I was pretty shocked when I added up my 2020 Sephora spend.  I definitely plan to spend less this year!

***You might also want to watch if you are curious about everything I bought at Sephora in 2020 - all online!!! 😉 

Let me know if you are successful at tracking your beauty purchases throughout the year!

Re: How Much Did You Spend at Sephora in 2020?

@ather That makes sense. My hair is thin and gets oily and weighed down quickly, so I wash it every other day because I like the clean hair feeling. I wish I could wash it only once a week! 

@lnum I also spent the most during the sales last year!

@Tamara76 Almost a little scary how those two purchases alone are how I end up qualifying for rouge every year! 

Surprisingly I spent $1847 which is a lot less than I expected 😂🤣. I’m not proud of myself however because I know I spent a whole lots more of at other places combined. For 2020 Sephora is not that competitive. The most discount the company offer is 20 percent while elsewhere is 30-50%. 

@blackkitty2014 That is a good point!!!  I bought a LOT of clothes and bags and shoes last year with all the discounts and sales.  And then I stayed home in sweatpants and pajamas😂😂😂

@Tamara76 my total was $3,043 😩 that's too much, this year I'm definitely budgeting better!!

@lmaster I was shocked by my spend - I would have guessed that I spemt maybe 1/4 of what I actually did.  I need to track it better this year for sure!

@Tamara76 I really want to use what I have as well, don't need anything going bad before I get to it, but darn it, some items are just too cute to pass up!

this year because I spent so much time home between maternity leave and working from home, I realized I had so much stuff, so I've been busy trying to use up what I have snd purchase less, so I spent $1,057 this year.

@myxducky That is awesome!  I spent more time at home and also had my beauty room set up so I could see what all I had...but it didn't work for me🤦🏼‍♀️😂

@Tamara76  totally wish I could say that $1,057 was it, but I'm sure I spent tons buying from other retailers and direct from brands also. But I didn't go and do that math 🤣🤣

@Tamara76   $4674 at Sephora though that is half of my regular spend so it’s not too bad in comparison to previous years.  As much as I online shop I do love to go shopping in store.  That’s where I make my biggest purchases cause I can’t as easily tally purchase totals and remove items.  Once they’re in that physical cart and I’ve touched them they’re as good as mine. 😅 I also saved A LOT by not travel makeup shopping this year.  😇😇. It still counts as good behaviour if I had no choice right? 
i have no clue how much I spent outside Sephora and likely won’t shame myself by tallying it up. 

I wish I had of taken screen shots of last years purchase history now cause the moment I made my first purchase this year my 2020 purchase history disappeared.  I wonder if it’s a temporary glitch... I kinda wanted the list to keep myself accountable to using the items I purchased last year. 

@heartsmyface Yeah I couldn't find my total spend online either so I had to add up all my online orders - it was a good exercise for me to look through all my orders though because I realized I still hadn't used some of the stuff I bought.

I didn't hit Rouge until December, and I spent $1100 total. I definitely haven't been using makeup much since the pandemic started, so this was mostly skincare, hair products, and gifts for my mom and sister-in-law. My Ulta total for the year ended up being less then $100!

Nice @txcatx !  Even without wearing makeup most of the year, I still bought quite a bit🤦🏼‍♀️

@txcatx  Wow, an annual Ulta spend under $100 is impressive! 

$2,460.50 pre-tax 😱😵😳

Thanks for sharing @oooitsaj 💗

I was scared to look at mine for 2020, but it was less than I thought it would be. My total was $1781. I didn’t hit rouge again until June. I think in 2019 I did in April, so I definitely did better in 2020.

That's not bad @faeriegirl !  I already somehow Rouged this year, but I aim to pay closer attention for the rest of the year!

I spent just about $1,500 which is still not great but it's great in comparison to years past so I'm not going to beat myself up about it.  I've been a Rouge for the past eight? years and when I used to reinstate my status May-June, it's now November/December.  I have a lot of gifts for loved ones in this total as well. 

I'm already on track for that amount to be a thing but I have a new rule:  only spending the equivalent of my tips on beauty products.  So I guess that means my beauty allowance is $120-160 a month which is still quite generous. 

Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • 325C3F9B-E627-46EC-943D-49EAA2AA5C76.jpeg
  • Screenshot_20210131-155320.png
testing