Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

How Much Did You Spend at Sephora in 2020?

Hey, y'all!!!  I couldn't find any similar threads on BIC and I am genuinely curious if anyone here pays attention to/tracks their annual Sephora spend?  I usually don't and I have tried and failed to track overall beauty purchases a few times, but I was pretty shocked when I added up my 2020 Sephora spend.  I definitely plan to spend less this year!

***You might also want to watch if you are curious about everything I bought at Sephora in 2020 - all online!!! 😉 

Let me know if you are successful at tracking your beauty purchases throughout the year!

Re: How Much Did You Spend at Sephora in 2020?

LOL This is an interesting topic. 

I spent $2143 in 2020 pre-tax.

I live in Ontario, Canada and our tax rate is 13%.

I have been between $2000-$2500 from 2018-2020. Not sure how 2021 will phase out with our stores being closed for so long in Canada.

It really adds up fast @nyfashionista !!! (I just found all these unanswered messages in my inbox - lol)

5k+, planning to hit at least a 10k mark in 2021 as I started blogging about hair styling 

It adds up way too fast. @MicHarrys !!   Good luck with your blog!!! I just found all these unanswered messages in my inbox - lol)

$3218 at Sephora 😳😞

I'm not gonna even look at other retailers.  2020 was all about comfort buying for me.  Some people ate, some zoomed...I bought makeup.

Same here @danielledanielle ... and then I just kept spending lol(I just found all these unanswered messages in my inbox - lol)

@danielledanielle  Honestly I feel you. I was all about comfort last year too!!

2988$ before tax, but I spend a lot more at Shoppers. I still have more than 55,000 points but lately I rarely can catch any Tuesday and Thursday rewards, more people staying at home I guess. 😄 

I totally get it @cangirl84 !!  It adds up so fast!(I just found all these unanswered messages in my inbox - lol)

@Tamara76  Ok I looked. 2020 Sephora was 1906$ not bad not bad. I don’t want to know other retailers. I know in July when I went to lululemon to get my 25% back I added up over 2000$ so I’m probably closer to 3000$ there 😝

@ather At one point in like 2017 or 2018, I actually kept a notebook with all my spending across retailers, and I gave up after about a month. I have actually gotten a lot better in the last year - I've realized I don't *Need* every single thing that's released!(I just found all these unanswered messages in my inbox - lol)

@Tamara76  Thanks for the reply! I’m trying to remind myself I don’t need all the things too. But sometimes my willpower doesn’t last. 

I feel you! All the Barbie Movie merch is killing me this summer lol. @ather 

@Tamara76  I know what you mean. The colab with Kitsch has been calling my name! 

I *might* have bought the hair clip😂 @ather 

@Tamara76  Oh jealous!!!!! I’ve been eyeing it and the pillowcases! 

I only spent $1552 at Sephora last year but after I watched this video a couple weeks ago I went back over my receipts and added up how much I spent altogether on cosmetics and it was over $6000.I knew it was going to be high since I had quite a few orders from other retailers but hoping to keep it a bit lower this year.

@Seymore3  I looked at my Sephora purchase just cause it’s so easy I’m scared to check other retailers 🤣

@Seymore3 It really does add up fast!  I am scared to add up my purchases from all retailers🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

Mine was $3564 pretax and $3895.19 in total, which isn't too bad but then again I am MAC Obsessed tier and an Ulta Diamond member and I made purchases at other retailers.  Where I live the tax is almost 10%, which sucks.  In my defense, I do buy gifts for others and was in 2 gift exchanges.  I am trying to only buy what I need but there are some things on my list that I really want.

97 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • 325C3F9B-E627-46EC-943D-49EAA2AA5C76.jpeg
  • Screenshot_20210131-155320.png
testing