Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Foundation

Hi, so I use haus labs foundation and I find I love it but I’ve noticed it’s really cakey around my nose (my nose is extremely dry while the rest of my face tends to be oily) I need some help as to what I’m doing wrong I’ve tried a million different types of foundation and have never found one that doesn’t make around my nose cakey!!! I need some opinions as I don’t do makeup all that much either! 

Re: Foundation

@Martin101 When you do your skincare prep make sure you really focus moisturizing around your nose area since it needs extra hydration than everywhere else. Also make sure you’re using a good moisturizer and giving the prep a minute to absorb into your skin before applying your foundation. 

My nose area tends to crease a lot so what I started doing was not apply my foundation directly around or on my nose and instead take whatever is on the brush/sponge from blending and i lightly go over my nose. It minimizes product buildup so try that! 
Also make sure you don’t over-powder because too much powder can cause caking as well. 
If you’re someone who carries touch ups with them, you can maybe even look into face mists. Its a good way to melt your makeup back together when it’s looking dull or in need of some repairs lol. Spray it at arms length and take a blender or puff and go around your nose. I like Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist 2.53 oz/ 75 mL  

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing