cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

My May empties. MTD = 89; YTD = 366 ETA: empties listed in spoilers

LOVES / FAVORITES:

Loves - I’d repurchase (if I haven’t already) without question. ♥️ Only exceptions being the watering cream which I think has been discontinued and the Shiseido cottons because I’m converting to reusable rounds.Loves - I’d repurchase (if I haven’t already) without question. ♥️ Only exceptions being the watering cream which I think has been discontinued and the Shiseido cottons because I’m converting to reusable rounds.

Spoiler
Loves:
CosRx Acne Pimple Master Patch is in my top 3 for pimple patches. 
Popmask Starry Eyes Self-Warming Eye Mask - like the Megrhythm Gentle Steam Eye Mask (Lavender), these are wonderful and forever favorites. 
8 Greens Skin with Marine Collagen Tablets - tastes like apples. I think it's best to get my greens from well, greens, but this one is nice to help break up the monotony of water
Ariul Juice Cleanse Mask Raspberry & Lentil 
Hiddencos Revital Ampoule Mask Americano Mask - love coffee. Love coffee sheet mask.
Megumi No Honpo Hot Spring Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Mask - a classic, no-frills, elegant hydrating sheet mask that shows off the quality of the ingredients and materials
Artisee (?) 24-hour Moisturizing Watering Cream - I found this when I was doing some cleaning around the house. It reminds me a little of the Dr. Jart Water Drops, which I love. 
TonyMoly Bling Cat Vitamin Mask Sheet - Brightening and TonyMoly Bling Cat Panthenol Mask Sheet - Calming are my two favorites from this particular line - the brightening one is hydrating and refreshing with its clear, watery essence while the calming mask is soothing and nourishing with its thin creamy-milky essence. 
Etude House Sunprise Mild Airy Finish SPF 50+ PA+++ is a HG sunscreen of mine. With the technology in skincare changing, it's great to see and try the new SPF out there and there's a lot of good ones at the moment. Still, I always have one of these in the house and incorporate it into my routine with other sunscreens.
Purlisse Watermelon Energizing Sheet Mask (Moisturizing & Soothing) - this is summer in a sheet mask to me.
Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud Purifying Black Mask - a tried and true favorite; love that this helps to clear the gunk out of pores without drying down, hardening and tightening the skin
Wander Beauty Mile High Club Volume and Length Mascara - this was not one I initially liked initially, but I decided to give it another shot and ... oh! It's nice. I'm convinced this lengthens my lashes.
Petite Amie Skincare Starry Masque Bamboo Charcoal Black Mask
Lip Scrub by Sara Happ (Lemonade) - if this lemonade lip scrub was still available, I'd be sure to pick up a handful! 😉 
Urang Love Rose + Hibiscus Sheet Mask
GlamGlow SuperMud Clearing Treatment - one of the best blemish busters out there!
Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Night Serum 
Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micellar Water - this gets holy grail billing
Shiseido Facial Cotton - if I were not working towards converting over to reusable rounds, I'd purchase these in bulk. So soft. I'll probably keep a pack or two around, just in case. Or maybe for travel. 
Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream - aaaahhh, the scent. Love it.
Sephora Collection Eye Mask - Cucumber - Soothing & De-Puffing - the cucumber and the pearl eye masks are my favorite of the collection. So refreshing
Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray - Long Lasting (x2) - I don't know how I've forgotten about this for so long. It really does an amazing job of setting my makeup and lasting for hours on end.

LIKES (will repurchase):
Likes - I would repurchase, but after finishing up some other products, after a low/no-buy period or after stores open back up.Likes - I would repurchase, but after finishing up some other products, after a low/no-buy period or after stores open back up.

Spoiler
Likes (and will repurchase, if I haven't already)
Charlotte Tilbury Flawless Foundation - the shade I tested out was off, but I like the look, feel and wear of the foundation. I have plenty of foundation to get me through the summer, especially with me wearing it less frequently, but it's one I plan to look into later in the year. 
Secret Body Cleansing Wipes - handy for keeping in my bag. 
Aromatica Rose Absolute First Serum
8 Greens Effervescents Tablet (the original, not the version designated specifically for skin) (x3 sample size + full size)
Eminence Organic Skin Care Bright Skin Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen (x2) - I think I may have used an old, possibly expired one, the first time I tried a packet, because these foils were great. I typically prefer my SPF separate from my moisturizer, but I'm putting this on my 'think about it' list.
Algenist Genius Sleeping Collagen - my skin likes this sleeping cream - it goes on smoothly and plumps and moisturizes my skin overnight.
Fresh Black Tea Firming Corset Cream - I'm starting to get into neck creams and am looking at some point to have maybe 2 in the rotation. I'm currently using one from Strivectin and this is strong contender for the second.
TonyMoly Bling Cat Shea Butter Mask Sheet - Nourishing will be a nice one for my dehydrated-dry skin when the weather cools and I can see the thin milky serum in this one working out very well when we transition into different seasons (winter to spring and summer to fall)
Trader Joe's Scented Candle - Grapefruit - the throw (thank you to @lnum; I learned that's the word I'm looking for when describing the scent that is released from a candle); anyhow, the throw on this one is amazing - fresh burst of grapefruitiness, puts a smile on my face and a pep in my step (not that I'm stepping very far! lol!)
Etude House Dear Darling Tint - this took forever to finish, in large part because it kept getting lost in a pocket of my handbags. The packaging is adorable, the color is pretty and buildable; one downside is that it can be a smidge drying.
BioBeauty by Nuxe Repairing Lip Balm with Apricot Butter - thank you to @missjeanie  for gifting this to me - it's wonderful! I initially didn't know how I felt out the very, very, fine apricut shell granules but they do a nice job of exfoliating the lips while the buttery balm softens and moisturizes them.
TonyMoly Bling Cat Green Tea Mask Sheet - Moisture is one I want to see how it performs when I have it on for the full wear time. The pumpkin extracts caused some tingling that I don't think would be an issue if I had not been using AHAs as frequently as I was prior to my using this mask.

LIKES (but might not repurchase):
Likes but probably not repurchases for a variety of reasons from there being something I like better, needing to whittle down a large stash of similar items or there being something about the product that is a pass for me.Likes but probably not repurchases for a variety of reasons from there being something I like better, needing to whittle down a large stash of similar items or there being something about the product that is a pass for me.

Spoiler
Likes (but I might not repurchase):
REN Keep Young and Beautiful Instant Firming Beauty Shot 
I love Oribe hair products, including their shampoo and conditioners; I just like others more than the Oribe Shampoo for Brilliance & Shine andOribe Conditioner for Brilliance & Shine 
D.L. & Co. Soy Blended Candle (Blackberry Nectar) - the throw on this one is more noticeable when it comes out of the box; even when I pulled it out of the box to take the photo, I picked up more of the scent than when the candle was burning. Love the jar though - beautiful.
Mizon Snail Wrinkle Care Sleeping Pack - to be expected, a snail-based product will have some tack to it; this one had more than I cared for in a sleeping / overnight cream and there are others that I prefer.
The Creme Shop Collagen Face Mask
Sephora Collection Coconut Hand Balm
Kracie Smoothing Shampoo
Together Beauty Love Lather Moisture Shampoo
Farmacy Hydrating Coconut Gel Mask - Soothing
Ariul Juice Cleanse Mask Spearmint & Green Apple
HanHoo Blemish Patch Non-Medicated Hydrocolloid Spot Treatment - interesting that these are non-medicated. They're not bad, but the last few rows of them were a little gummy. I received it in a sub box and it could very well be that I just didn't get to using them when they were in their prime.
Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Sheet Mask - this is probably one that would fit in a loves/likes category. My sheet mask no-buy for the summer means that this one will not be repurchased anytime soon. 
Verb Hydrating Shampoo and Verb Hydrating Conditioner are not bad; it's just going to be hard to compete against Olaplex Nos. 4 and 5 and some of the other shampoos and conditioners that I love/like
Edible Beauty & Sleeping Beauty Purifying Mousse Sleep Mask - I have a few sleeping masks at the moment that haven't even been opened and need to be particular about which ones in this category I would repurchase because I don't use sleeping masks very often. 
Shiseido Ultimune Eye Power Infusing Eye Concentrate - I have so many DS of this concentrate, I won't need to purchase it for a while. Ha!
Sephora Collection Cleansing Wipes (Coconut Water) are great for keeping in the car, my desk at work, in my gym bag, or keeping with me on a long walk or hike, etc. Except in an absolute pinch, I don't really use them to cleanse my face, but like having them on hand for other uses.
Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels - I discovered several unopen jars of eye gel patches that need to be used up so while the Skyn Iceland is great for travel, I won't be repurchasing any time soon.
The Creme Shop Lighten Up, Skin! Animated Narwhal Face Mask - cute, good filler mask
The Creme Shop Soften Up, Skin! Animated Bear Face Mask - oh, but for the inclusion of swiflet nest extract, this would have easily been my favorite sheet mask in this particular line from the brand. 
The Creme Shop Take The Day Off Makeup Removal Towelettes (Avocado) - I've noticed that the cleasning wipes from The Creme Shop are more sudsier than other cleansing wipes. Like the Sephora cleansing wipes, I like using these and keeping them on hand for something other than my evening cleansing routine.
Shu Uemura Art of Hair Muruto Volume Lightweight Care Conditioner (Fine Hair) - I liked the conditioner more than the shampoo. It worked well to detangle, but it might have been too lightweight for my hair - I have the hair type that it's targeted / marketed towards - fine hair, but I have a lot of it. 

OKAY / MAYBE:
Okay - I’d use again, but wouldn’t repurchaseOkay - I’d use again, but wouldn’t repurchase

Spoiler
Okay / Maybe:
Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Shampoo and Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Conditioner
Kracie Smoothing Conditioner - love the smell 
Rituals The Ritual of Sakura Celebrate Each Day Body Scrub - some days the scent was amazing; others, I couldn't stand it and it would cause a minor headache.
amika 3D Volume and Thickening Shampoo and amika 3D Volume and Thickening Conditioner - smells good, but didn't notice a change in my hair's volume
Sephora Collection x Olly - Skin Detox Gummies - Berry Fresh - taste good, but don't see any results
Juice Beauty Phyto Pigments Illuminating Primer
TonyMoly Kiss Kiss Lovely Lip Patch - Mint - fun but gimmicky; best when layered under a sheet mask but I prefer a thinner lip patch in that instance
Milk Makeup Cooling Water Sleep In a Stick
Sisley Paris White Ginger Contouring Oil for Legs - always good to get some TLC for the legs and this oil is wonderfully luxe, but this would be some spendy TLC and my legs are fine with something less pricey
boscia Charcoal Pore Pudding Mask - I have another couple of travel sizes of this and other open jars of clay masks that I'd like to get through before deciding which to repurchase
Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado - a little too heavy for me; probably better suited for the wintertime
Shu Uemura Muruto Volume Lightweight Care Shampoo Fine Hair - was okay, just not as well suited for my hair as I thought it would be.
Simple Micellar Cleansing Water - when it comes to micellar waters, my heart belongs to Bioderma
I Dew Care Back to Basics Mask - In The Zone - Pore Tightening Tea Tree Mask 
Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (Unflavored) (x2)
Vital Proteins Beauty Collagen Tropical Hibiscus

NO:
8A58F2DB-63B4-42E9-AF67-449B848907FB.jpeg

Spoiler
Nopes:
JMsolution 24K Gold Premium Peptide Mask Rose Gold Limited Edition - didn't bubble up at all. I might have picked up a dud. I have a couple more and will give them a try to see if that is the case, but I'm not a fan of bubble sheet masks so this won't be a repurchase.
Tocca Candle (Montauk) - I just didn't pick up any scent from it as it was burning or afterwards. The only time I picked up the scent was when I opened the box.
Together Beauty Wash & Co Cleansing Conditioner - too stripping, left my hair feeling like straw
Benefit the POREfessional - I felt like this emphasized my pores more than blur them. No one needs to be terrified like that. Ha!
CVS Purifying Clay Facial Mask - Avocado & Oatmeal - I didn't care for the tingling and redness.
A'Pieu So Hot Body Skinny Patch - I hope you're all sitting for this one - it didn't make me skinny. I know. Shocking, right? It's fun; if it warmed up, I might have liked it more or found a way to use it in the future.

I’ll also update to include a breakdown of this month’s empties.

@itsfi  Wow impressive empty’s!!! Interesting you like the skin version of the 8 greens more then the original. I’ve been eyeing these. 

@itsfi  Great job finishing products!!! Too bad the skinny patch wasn’t a miracle worker!! 

Thank you @ather! Yes, hahaha! 😂 No miracles in that patch! Lol. Gotta do it the old fashioned way - exercise. 👍🏼 

@itsfi I thoroughly enjoyed reading through your thoughts.  The last line though... I'm shocked that the skinny patch didn't work!! hahahaha

@missjeanie, the only logical thing I could think of to explain it is that I MUST have gotten a dud!!! 😂🤣😂 

E2D242F6-B2C1-4490-87B1-DDEAEAD563F1.gif

@itsfi Wow!! I approve of that yuckycado being in the no section. Good to know about the Tocca candle, I have the little sample of that but haven't used it yet. Such a bummer because it smells amazing.

Hahaha @Samtian! It’s one of the few avocado mask that I’ve used that I don’t care for! 🥑 Fret not Samtian, I’m sure there’ll be more avocaDO sheet masks in my empties future and they will be loves!!! 🥑♥️ Lol! 😝 

Hopefully your Tocca candle will be different than mine. I was bummed that I couldn’t pick up a scent. 😔 

@itsfi  So many empties! I’ve gotta do better going through what I have. 

I missed that Mizon, I am eyeing their snail eye patches. 

Any reason you wouldn’t repurchase the Skyn Iceland patches, I just bought those and will trial them soon. 

As much I love misshas essence I have never used a missha sheet mask I actually cared for!

You know, I used porefessionsl for years and it did an ok job of blurring pores, but I wonder if tatchas silk canvas is better, I never did try it yet. 

That skinny mask....I can’t even. 😂

@lnum, I did some early spring cleaning at the end of February / beginning of March and part of that included putting items in a separate bin that were partially used that I've committed to getting through by the end of the year. A lot of the full size and DS empties are from that pile. 

The Skyn Iceland eye gel patches are really good, but I just have way too many of those eye gels that come in the jars to justify being able to repurchase any more of the Skyn Iceland ones any time soon. 

I've heard good things about the Tatcha primer - I have a handful of foils that I should put to the test.

I KNOW!! I'm sure you are as shocked as I was that the skinny mask didn't work! Hahaha! 🙂 In hindsight, I should have paired it with one of the butt masks. That would have been hilarious! 

@itsfi Same here, I have a box of out into rotation products and cleaned out a drawer for things I’ll be using within the next month or so. Putting all the things in one place really makes you realize how much you’ve accumulated. 😅

I am newly obsessed with eye patches so I’m wanting to try all of them but think I’ll stick with the smaller packs so I can try different ones. I’m realizing how easily I tire of things and that maybe buying large sizes isn’t for me. 

I love the idea of doing the skinny mask with the butt and boob mask. 😂😂😂😂

Yes!! It’s definitely helpful to see what I have that’s partially used @lnum. Makes me realize it’s helpful for me at least to put a cap on the number of any one type of product I can have open at a time and only allow myself to open another one if I’ve finished a similarly sized item.

Oh my goodness, add an armpit mask to that list - butt, boob, skinny and armpit masks. That would be some funny multi-masking! Hahaha! 😂 

@itsfi Those are some masking goals I aspire to. The logistics of all those masks at the same time, you’d have to be a gymnast. 😂

The degree of difficulty is pretty high, @lnum, but I have confidence that you can do it! Oh, think about adding to all that an eye gel patch, slice masks, hair mask, hand mask, foot mask, and the traditional sheet mask....but one of the ones that covers part of the neck and has ear loops that go behind your ears! 😳🤣😂 That would be some serious masking from head to toe! 😆 

366!!!  Wow @itsfi you're doing amazing with you empties this year!  What was the Sephora sample product that you'd purchase?

Thank you @missjeanie! Going through and clearing out various closets around the house for spring cleaning and with being at home has unearthed secret hiding places that I completely forgot about, resulting in my finding boxes and bags of things like new and partially used beauty products. So the low-buy / no-buy is definitely back in play going forward as is my "use 'em up or toss 'em out!" mentality. 😉 There were a lot of half used or 3/4 used full-size and DS products I've found, many that I did want to try again in the summertime to see if it would be a better fit and some that I just plain forgot about. 

Sorry, I'm behind on updating with products and thoughts on empties. The sample was the Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Longwear Foundation 7.5 Neutral. I liked the formula a lot but the shade was off; I think I may have a sample of a lighter shade as well ... it's just a matter of finding it. Hahaha! 🙂

Oh hey no apologies at all!!!  @itsfi I can barely remember what day it is let alone where I stash everything.  I'm trying so hard during all of this stay at home to use up stuff too, and yes, finding so many things that I forgot about.  I hope you find a great shade for you!

@missjeanie. the days started blurring for me last month. 😞 Going to try to be better about that. Good luck with working through your stash! You're doing a great job with masking! Feels good to use things and I hope your skin has been happy with the results. Low buy / no buy is in full effect. Hahaha! 😉 Especially with skincare - I realized I could put together a solid, functional and effective skincare routine by color of bottles for a few colors - on the one hand, not all colors, but enough that I was like "'okay, Fi, we need to slow things down!" I have orders from last month slated to arrive all throughout June, and possibly one in July so with a few exceptions, it's going to be a "let's explore what we have already, shall we?" kind of summer as far as skincare goes. Ha! 

lol... I'm just imagining the flat lays of skincare all colour coordinated @itsfi !!  I love it!

@missjeanie, my last order from the spring sale was all skincare. It was unplanned on my part but it seems all the products have pink packaging. 💖😂 I didn’t realize this until I went to check on the status of the package and scrolled down to see what was on its way. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 😂🤣😂

lol... @itsfi my US order from the sale will be decidedly yellow when I pick it up... and might have a delicious scent from all the SDJ I grabbed at the last minute... co-ordinated shopping is a thing?? It is now!

10,778 Replies
testing