cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@BluePaisley good job!! 

@BluePaisley, lots of full sized empties here, that’s great! I didn’t realize raw sugar made a hair mask - is it scented? Making a note to look into it after going through my current group of hair masks. 

Thank you! Fragrance is listed from the essential oils. Smells Amazing and leaves my hair soft and smooth!

@BluePaisley  That dr jart is one of my favs too!!

It is so great! That and Drunk Elephant Lala retro are my favs!

Kind of a pathetic batch of Empties but here we are...

20210629_073839.jpg20210629_074034.jpg

@CookieGirl1 girl!! You literally got through two lip products and a cheek product?? That's dedication

@CookieGirl1, I agree with @ather, this is a nice group of empties. That’s great you got through a full size bottle of perfume. And that candle! That must have made the house smell so good! 

@CookieGirl1  No way not pathetic at all!!! Which tower 28 blush/bronzer was that?

June Empties

218593F1-AA8F-44C9-B674-279236572BFF.jpeg

Loves and Favorites

08E48BAF-6BC9-4A5C-B549-B77A544E9BF8.jpeg

 Likes- wasn’t a huge fan of the smell of the Paulas Choice 😒. Smells like spoiled milk.

Didn't mean to include the fresh rose cram again. Need to clean out the container!

@jen81 fabulous job!

@jen81  Great job! 

@jen81  the Paula's Choice Water-Infusing Electrolyte Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL  also has a bad smell. It feels really nice and hydrating but it’s hard to get past the scent.

Oh no I didn’t notice the smell! @faeriegirl . I did like the texture of it! But not sure if I will repurchase. This was a GWP and I enjoyed using it for travel. 

@jen81, excellent work! Feels really good to finish up products. Those are some nice sized empties!! The DDG peel pads are great! ♥️

Empties for first part of June. 

June 2021 pt 1.jpg

Loves + Repurchases (Top Row)
Spoiler
Top row are all loves and products I would repurchase if I have not already. The only exception here is the XOY Milk Cream Mask which seems to have been discontinued. That mask and the JellyFriend Honey Mask Silky Skin Pearl Mask next to it were very nourishing, with the latter also adding brightness to the complexion.. The other two sheet masks were great for hydration, with the last one in the row, the Pure Smile Funassyi Pear Kabuki Art Mask, also being the best scented of the sheet masks this month - smells deliciously of an Asian pear.

The Inkey List Oat Cleansing Balm is great for when skin is super sensitive or just when you want a simple, but effective, no muss-no fuss first cleanser.

Everyone Hand Sanitizer Gel Coconut + Lemon cleanses without drying and smells refreshingly clean, tropical and fresh. 

Dr. Jart Cicapair Tiger Grass Nightly Re:Pair Mask soothes, calms and nourishes skin overnight. It seems this mask is only available in individual packets like this; would love for there to be a full size jar or tube.

I'm not a fan of cleansing wipes as a substitute for cleansing the face; for me, they don't do as effective or as thorough a job as a double cleanse, or even as just a first cleanse but these Leaders Labotica Green Tea Lip & Eye Point Remover Cleansing Tissue have changed my mind but only for the specific purpose for which they were designed / are marketed. These are small, super thin, round pads soaked in a gentle but effective makeup removing solution geared for tough to remove eye and lip makeup, and they do a really nice job at those targeted areas, especially with waterproof mascara and liquid lipstick. For the eyes, these came in handy when my allergies flare up making my eyes super sensitive. 
Likes - would happily use and may repurchase (Middle Row)
Spoiler
Suntique I'm Pure Perfect Cica SPF 50+ PA++++ has a lovely creamy consistency that glides over the skin and feels soothing and calming on the skin thanks to the cica in the formula, making it great for dry, dehydrated and sensitive or irritated skin. The drawback to this sunblock for me is the white cast it leaves when applied. While it will dissipate as you work it into the skin, it is noticeable even on someone fair-light complected like myself.

Ilia Super Serum Skin Tint ST4-Formosa is a good match for me for most the year, though probably a smidge too light the further we move into the summer. This gives good coverage and as a serum formula with squalane as a key ingredient, it does a nice job hydrating and moisturizing for a base product. I actually did end up getting this serum foundation with a 20% code from the brand. 

Wellage Real Cica Clear One Day Kit is like a concentrated centella asiatica based ampoule that is activated by pouring the liquid into a freeze dried hyaluronic acid pill. My skin feels soothed and lightly nourished after using it. Makes a great step before moisturizer. This is one that I will probably repurchase after I work my way through a few more essences / serums. 

All these sheet masks are great and could have been loves but for the actual loves for this first part of the month. For the most part, each is  good at hydrating the skin with the Facetory Oats My Bananas and the XOY Calendula Mask adding a soothing / calming benefit. The most nourishing of this bunch are the Missha Mascure Solution Sheet Mask Propolis, a milky cream ampoule serum type sheet mask, and the JellyFrien Honey Bear Silky Skin Mask with its jelly like serum. Like all of the masks in the collection, the soft and thin material on the Etude House 0.2mm Air Therapy Mask Sheet White Flowers feels exceptionally comfortable, like second skin. The Creme Shop Caffe Mocha Fusion Sheet Mask is an oldie but goodie; it's not one that I necessarily feel is a must have, but the results, together with the coffee and chocolate scent and the nostalgia and sentimentality of it being one of the first masks I learned through BIC makes it a constant on the "likes" list.
Okay - would use again, but wouldn't run out to purchase / re-purchase (First Half of Last Row):
Spoiler
For most of these items, nothing wrong with them and there are just other products I like better.

I keep finding open bags of the Pure Performance Round Dual Textured Cotton Pads around the house - in toiletry bags, gym bags, travel bags and luggage, etc. I do like them and will use them up as I come across them, though I'm hoping that there are only a few left. lol

BriogeoBe Gentle, Be Kind Aloe + Oat Milk Fragrance-Free Hypoallergenic Detangling Spray works nicely as a detangler and I like the ingredients in it (as well as what is not in it).

Drunk Elephant B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Serum has a nice consistency for my dehydrated-dry skin though probably a smidge too heavy for my liking in the warmer months. 

Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Rosa Rossa Eau de Toilette Spray has a pretty fruity floral scent to it. I like it; I just like other scents more.

I love the vanilla cake batter scent of the More Than Magic Carnival Treat Face Mask, and the packaging and bear print on the mask itself are super adorable. This mask was pretty dry and I didn't get more than 5 minutes from it, making it hard to evaluate how well it performs. Since it may have just been a defective item, I may pick up another one if I see it in store or online.
Nopes (Last Half of Last Row):
Spoiler
The lack of an opening for the mouth and the volume of material for the neck on the 23 Years Old Cocoon Willow Silky Mask makes it a pass for me - I tend to enlarge the mouth area of sheet masks because I get antsy that serum will run into my mouth so the fact that there is zero opening to begin with doesn't sit so well with me. My neck is also sensitive and easily prone to clogged pores so I tend to be very careful of the consistency of the products applied to that area. Of the two nopes, this one I would use if I had it and could not otherwise pass it on to anyone who would get more enjoyment and benefit from it, albeit with some major adjustments of course. The Pacifica Stress Rehab Mask Sheet on the other hand is a definite no; it caused my skin to flush and felt too warm for my comfort level. 
I've been chipping away at a lot of full size skincare products, with many of the items I'm currently using close to being finished. With 15 -25% of product left in many bottles / tubes / jars (progress, yes!), I'm at the point of incorporating new full sizes into my routine / rotation to help my skin adjust, if necessary, to a new product, which means I'll hopefully have more full size empties at the end of this month or in July. Yaaay!

MTD = 24 (sheet masks = 13; others = 11)

@itsfi  Wow!!!! Great job!  I need to try the inkey list oat balm definitely on my to try list!

@ather, thank you. 😁 The first time I reached for TIL Oat Cleansing Balm was when maskne started causing my skin to become more dry and sensitive. It's a great cleanser for sensitive skin.

@itsfi  I like your new picture!!!  I will definitely try it now if it helps with maskne. Mine is at an all time high. Worst of the pandemic. 

@ather, thank you! I've been meaning to change pics; figured it'd be a good time with summer officially here. The Inkey List oat cleansing balm is soothing and the ingredients didn't irritate my skin so I think that helped with maskne. For a time, it seemed like even using a cleanser would aggravate it. Ugh. This balm is gentle and helped calm my skin.

@itsfi  Do you think it would be gentle enough to remove makeup around the eyes?

10,615 Replies
testing