cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying ๐Ÿ™‚

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@CynthieLu Great selection of empties! 

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜„ @Samtian 

Those are some nice empty containers @CynthieLu! How was The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum ? I tried Inkey Listโ€™s version but it was uncomfortable, almost burning. 

I use 2 drops of this in my routine, day or night. It doesn't matter,  I just try to space out what I use to not overwhelm my skin. Niacinamide plays well with most ingredients, but I try not to use too much at once. My skin likes that more.

I did have an adjustment period of about 3ish weeks before my skin got used to its 2 drops a day.

Rarely I have found it to sting, but not often. I think it's more when I tried to use it after a toner or something with aha, bha or an active, but with just face wash,  ceramide serum, Niacinamide and moisturizer it's pretty solid.

I can't handle toners everyday anyways, my skin is OK with them 2-3 times a week tops or I start getting red. 

@JoSometimes I've been very happy with this one and I've repurchased it sooo many times. I used to aim for 2 drops day and night, but I switched to once a day, and it seems to be enough for me. 

Happy last day of March! This month I am so impressed with my empties! 

74F2FD02-8494-4213-8FAD-BF0E82050F0F.jpeg

โ€ƒ

2C4AEFD3-6CCE-4019-AEF6-AC0254DED62C.jpeg

โ€ƒ

I feel like itโ€™s been a tatcha month!! 
The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL 

Tatcha The Kissu Lip Mask Original 

Wander Beauty Upgraded Lashesโ„ข Thickening Mascara 

Summer Fridays Light Aura Vitamin C + Peptide Eye Cream .5 oz/ 15 mL 

Have all been replaced with new ones. And are lIves!

OUAI Texturizing Hair Spray 1.4 oz  I love but Iโ€™m going to see if thereโ€™s another I might try out. 
Tatcha The Pearl Tinted Eye Illuminating Treatment  was discontinued it was time to toss

Tatcha Luminous Deep Hydration Firming Eye Serum 0.5 oz/ 15 mL is great but Iโ€™ve been using a retinol night cream. 
Youth To The People Mini Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 0.5 oz/ 15 mL  I found it didnโ€™t do much for my skin. I have other sleeping masks that I like more. 
Tatcha Mini Dewy Skin Mist 0.4 oz/ 12 mL  I like it but I donโ€™t reach for it enough. 
LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask with Squalane 2.3 oz/ 70 mL  is good but I have others I like more. 

Wow! That's a beautiful group of full size empties - you go @ather! And the foils, too! Brava, brava! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

@itsfi  Thank you!! I feel like FS takes me so long to use up! So I was so happy this month to see so many bottles!  Also finished a bottle of shampoo but I forgot to save it! I like to recycle my empty bottles. 

I hear ya @ather. With full sizes, itโ€™s chipping away at them, sometimes swapping them out for a spell, and then back to using little by little and then bam! Empty bottle, tube, jar, etc. Thereโ€™s months when Iโ€™ll go with maaaaybe one full size empty and then another month, Iโ€™ll have a handful! ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi  I agree. I like swapping things out all the time! 
I find my hair likes it too! My face maybe not! 

Lol @ather! Your face & mine are definitely related. As much as I love skincare, I have to be super careful about not introducing new products too quickly. 

Wow @ather it's definitely been a tatcha month, impressive

@lmaster  I know right!! I do love Tatcha products!

@ather Wow! So many empties for March. Amazing progress!

@Mellmars1185  Thank you! I feel like I always seem to have such a small amount of empty bottles every month and itโ€™s a little frustrating to see but this month made me smile especially since I have also been using so many foils!! 

@ather ๐Ÿ˜ฎ wow wow wow!!! I really liked that Tatcha eye, I was bummed they discontinued it. 

@Samtian  Me too ๐Ÿ˜ข

You did sooo good this month! Look at all those empties ๐Ÿฅณ @ather It was a Tatcha month for you for sure.

There are big items you polished off this time, emptying some of those most have taken a while. Great work ๐Ÿ˜„

@CynthieLu  They did! But Iโ€™m so proud! My stash is getting so much better and it makes me feel better!! It got out of hand for a while!

I know what you mean @ather and it feels soo good to be in control of it after that happens ๐Ÿ˜‡ Way to go! ๐Ÿฅณ

Another month, another set of Empties:

I really enjoyed the mini Farmacy balm in the pear scent!  It was a little on the light side fragrance-wise but very pleasant.  The Refresh spray is a must-have (and I'll need to grab a backup soon) but the other things won't be repurchases.I really enjoyed the mini Farmacy balm in the pear scent! It was a little on the light side fragrance-wise but very pleasant. The Refresh spray is a must-have (and I'll need to grab a backup soon) but the other things won't be repurchases.

I liked the mini BumBum cream (of course!) and the hand sanitizer smelled wonderful but everything else was just "meh".I liked the mini BumBum cream (of course!) and the hand sanitizer smelled wonderful but everything else was just "meh".

I actually really liked how the Keratin Complex products made my hair feel BUT I couldn't get past the scent; those had to have been some of the worst-smelling shampoos and conditioners I've ever tried.I actually really liked how the Keratin Complex products made my hair feel BUT I couldn't get past the scent; those had to have been some of the worst-smelling shampoos and conditioners I've ever tried.

I finished my Makeup by Marion Skin Enhancer!  I genuinely loved this and I could totally see myself repurchasing it down the road.  The Arches and Halos brow pen is an absolute fav.  Unfortunately the NYX lip liner and LA Girl eyeliner are declutters; they both dried up unbelievably quickly and are currently totally unusable.I finished my Makeup by Marion Skin Enhancer! I genuinely loved this and I could totally see myself repurchasing it down the road. The Arches and Halos brow pen is an absolute fav. Unfortunately the NYX lip liner and LA Girl eyeliner are declutters; they both dried up unbelievably quickly and are currently totally unusable.

Making a note of the Pink Peach Blossom hand sanitizer. It just sounds like it would smell amazing @CookieGirl1.

testing