cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

Nicely done with the empties, @MoniDJ!! So many faves in there (OH! PTR!). What was it about the Farmacy oil that made it a no go!

@haleyvvvv @The Farmacy oil wasn’t bad, it’s just a thicker oil than I prefer. I like oils that don’t take too long too absorb and this takes quite some time.

Wow, @MoniDJ , way to use those Empties!

February empties. Missing from photos: a bottle of Paula’s Choice body wash and a travel tube of Aquaphor Ointment. Both got tossed/recycled instead of dropped in my empties bag. 

275889F0-D18F-47D5-924D-2200F26B971D.jpegD23207A7-79C4-4892-B6D6-EFB6F606CF62.jpeg2DB9FEAC-C1D2-4962-9F1F-727D6444D7D5.jpeg

Spoiler
I’m not surprised the Olly Restful Sleep gummies didn’t work on me. Very few things stand a chance against my GAD-induced insomnia. But they’re by far the tastiest of this type of gummy I’ve ever tried, so: kudos in that department. 😄 

The Sephora dry brush cleaner is something I use to remove powdered makeup from brushes. It’s no substitute for a true cleaning and it doesn’t work well on cream/liquid-dirtied brushes. But my powder-dirty brushes dry much faster with this than my other “in between washes” brush spray. 

And I FINALLY finished my bottle of Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow mist! This is the bottle I received as gratis from Sephora long ago. I’d been using it mostly as a pre-lotion body mist. I like it a lot, but I’m in no rush to restock it. 

8F17AC49-EB48-4AA3-BBF8-B59514E3CD85.jpeg

The Sweet Chef kale mask was just barely hydrating. I don’t hate it, but I won’t repurchase it. The Creme Shop watermelon mask was terrible (for me; eh, some folks love that mask) and now I’m trying to re-home the other 4 that came in the box I bought from Marshalls. 

So many great sheet masks @WinglessOne! 🙂

Nice job on all of the empties, @WinglessOne!! The Inky List retinol is so good! Glad there were so many loves and likes in the mix!

Love seeing all your empties!! @WinglessOne 

@WinglessOne I had to stop buying those Olly gummies. They were too tasty to quit and made my sleep patterns worse. So yummy, though!

Love a lot of your sheet mask loves. Curious why the GR Watermelon spray is a like🤔

@eshoe  At one point I had to research how much melatonin is too high a daily dose, because I kept snacking on them. 😄 

The watermelon mist smells fantastic and contains great ingredients—well, aside from the fragrance but c’mon, who can resist that watermelon Jolly Rancher scent? There’s just another mist I like even more. Eh, some of my likes are almost-loves, like the GR mist. 

Hmmm I’d like to know which mist you favor the most, @WinglessOne 🤔

@eshoe  Youth To The People Adaptogen Soothe + Hydrate Activated Mist with Peptides. My skin LOVES this stuff. Its 4th ingredient is a peptide that can reduce redness, plus it contains aloe, mushroom, and golden root extracts. I wish hyaluronic acid was much higher on the ingredients list (it’s in last place), but I’m glad it’s included. It’s fragrance free, with practically no natural scent. 

I hope I can still use this mist once temps heat up. Shea butter cream moisturizers are seasonal for my skin: I can only use them during cold weather, as they’re too rich/heavy for my face any other time of year. But this mist is more like liquified shea butter, and I’m still surprised at how fine the mist is—like, GR Watermelon mist fine. So, we’ll see how my skin handles it in the coming months. 

Well I haven’t bought it yet @WinglessOne but your word is enough to get me motivated to do so. Spring sale, maybe. Putting together a list now:)

March Empties

MarchEmpties.jpgMarchMaskEmpties.jpg

Spoiler

Wow! Lots of sheet masks @eshoe. Are you sheet masking daily?

Almost, @itsfi! There have been a handful of days I wasn’t up for it, and then other days I’ve masked a couple of times. My schedule has changed so that by the time I’m washing my face, the day is already half over😂 So I end up masking mid afternoon 🤷🏻‍♀️

Mid-afternoon masking has its charms @eshoe! 😉 

@eshoe I always love seeing your Empties photos for the sheet masks!  You must have a killer collection :).

Well I’ve been quieting it down, @CookieGirl1 - haven’t bought any in almost two months, it will likely be longer until I do so getting through and appreciating the ones I have is pretty fun!

You are chugging right along through all those samples, @eshoe!

Workin’ on it, @quspork! No better time than the present, I’m learning.

Hi @eshoe,

WOW! That is amazing. Great job! 

Best,

Rebecca

4,939 Replies