cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@eshoe This is probably my 5th of 6th bottle of it. It's my go-to morning serum and honestly it just feels so pleasant on my face for some reason. I reach for it very often.

Now I am very excited to try it, @QueenMarceline - thanks for the recommendation!

Second half of the year empties.

July

Spoiler
JUL.jpgJULM.jpg
This was a great month for empties; I loved or liked most everything I tried. The Bloomeffects Tulip Tint was the odd one out. I never did quite develop a formidable relationship with it, and had to finally toss the remainder after noticing the scent was off. Not long-enough lasting for a lip balm or cheek color.

August

Spoiler
AUG.jpgAUGM.jpg
I was just thinking today how great the OG Herbivore Bakuchiol was. I think I will always miss it. The Shu Uemura Sakura Rose Face Mask is a near dupe for the Fresh Rose Mask, except that it also has alcohol in it. I did not notice a difference despite that extra ingredient, and would repurchase it again in a heart beat. The Armani Cream Nera neocream was ok. I did not feel that it did anything other similar products might do. Loved the Tatcha Rice Wash, I will eventually make my way toward purchasing a FS.

September

Spoiler
SEP.jpgSepM.JPG
Quite a few 'mehs' this month. I was thrilled to try the Augustinus Bader, but found it surprisingly average. I guess that is what expectations tend to do, though! It was not bad, and I did not experience any reactions to it, but it just did not feel special enough to warrant the price. The Summer Fridays CC Me Serum was a pleasant surprise, I did enjoy that and might purchase at some point. Loved the Edible Beauty Sleeping Beauty Purifying Mask, as well as the Topicals Hydrating Mask. The 54 Thrones Butter was interesting. I could see this being a nourishing foot treatment, as the scent (Tansy) was quite strong. The Molton Brown Fiery Pink Pepper (thank you @sprocketta!) is a new love and will be a repurchase.   

October

Spoiler
Oct.jpgOctM.jpg
Lots of loves here! The Kerastase was a repurchase before this tube was finished. The Volition Detoxifying Silt Gelee Mask will be a repeat. I enjoyed the scent of the Fenty Body Butter very much, but it struggled to absorb into my skin, leaving it sticky. The GR Pore-Tight Facial felt like a dupe for the Alpyn 8-Acid Wild Huckleberry Peel. This will be a repurchase, too, as will the Danessa Myricks Vision Cream Cover - a little goes a long way, covered beautifully, and was easy to use.

November

Spoiler
Nov.jpgNovM.jpg
Lots of loves here, again. The Saie Dewy Highlighter that was gratis became a repurchase. I love mixing this with foundation and use it nearly everyday. This one ounce bottle lasted about six months. I am currently using the Valentino V-Lighter and it behaves nearly identical to the Saie. I love the Tom Ford Bitter Peach, it feels like so much more than just another fruity scent. The Guerlain L'Or primer was another "I do not need to fall in love with another $$$ product" product 😄 The Laura Mercier Fig Body Cream was just the right consistency for keeping fall skin hydrated, and the warm, spicy scent was lovely. Thank you @SportyGirly125 for this gem! Also, the Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Primer Blurring has been one of my favorite smoothing primers that I have tried. This will be a repurchase.

December & Totals

Spoiler
Dec.jpgDecM.jpg
More loves! A few of these had already been repurchased prior to finishing, including the Sachajuan, Biossance SPF, Sephora Hemp Mousse Mask, Leahlani Mermaid Mask, Nars Pro Primer, ABH Brow Wiz, Burt's Bees Lip Crayon, and the Benefit Porefessional. The Surratt Dew Drop Foundation is unfortunately amazing and everything I am looking for in a foundation expect it is so pricey. Someday! 

TOTALS

I did not have a goal for empties, except to at a minimum have more than purchases. The sheet mask totals are included in my total empties/purchases, but I did separate them at the bottom just to satisfy my own curiosity.  

Empties CountPurch CountEmpt - Purch Count
JAN61061
FEB70070
MAR65065
APR60060
MAY62062
JUN82082
JUL7477-3
AUG6671-5
SEP73123-50
OCT64125-61
NOV4692-46
DEC5470-16

TOTALS777558219
AVG654718

316 Sheet Masks Empties

307 Sheet Mask Purchases

@eshoe  I think I might have to steal this idea. I love the end of the year look at everything!! And see it in numbers. I love seeing totals! I need to start counting/pictures of all my sheet masks and samples!

@ather if you enjoy seeing your empties, then you might love seeing empty numbers, too! It is so helpful to know. It seems obvious, but in months where I purchased more, my rate of empties decreased. The distraction of new things meant I was less focused on working through products already on hand. I am totally ok with that, now though, it has just helped me adjust my expectations, so they are more realistic.

@eshoe  I do like that!!! My drawer with new things has been calling my name but I’m holding strong. I want to finish what I have open before opening new things. I’ve also pulled some DS to work through as well. The only new thing I’ll open is deodorant I just finished 1 I have 3 others open but definitely not loves. So rotating has been helpful to work through them. Some aren’t working well. Even tho winter I’m less active and warm still not the best. But otherwise trying to keep firm. 

Hurrah @ather 🙌🏼 sounds like you are hitting your goals!!!

I am holding off on opening new things (for the first time) now too, and it feels so ‘grown-up’ ha ha. I just found a jar of a DS mask tonight that I had purchased and opened a FS of, ugh. Going to finish off the DS this month and make note not to let that happen again.

@eshoe  Yay!!!!

I know what you mean. Prior to 2020 I saved all my DS for travelling. But I’ve travelled once since 2020 so I can’t use that excuse anymore. I’ve been saving the little containers so if I do travel I can just put enough products in tiny containers 🤣 but it’s been feeling good to getting through stuff!

Holy smokes, @eshoe!! Fabulous job on those empties!! I really like the whole making sure you're using more than you're bringing in. The two that stuck with me are the: GUERLAIN L'Or 24K Gold Radiance Primer because I just used a packet of it and love it but it's so $$$; and using the 54 Thrones AFRICAN Beauty Butter- Intensive Dry Skin Treatment as a foot treatment (I'm going to have to try that out). 

Sometimes I am actually relieved when a $$$ product doesn’t work for me, @haleyvvvv. This one just solved a pilling issue I had applying foundation over a certain SPF. I had two choices; but this and finish the spf, or keep using my Biossance and forego primer altogether. For now, it is the latter:) 

You did a fabulous job!!! @eshoe 

Thank you, @lmaster - you too! It feels good to be into another year, starting all over again though. Finally!

Thanks!! 🙌💖 @eshoe 

@eshoe Wow! you are such an inspiration! 

Awww thank you, @Samtian ☺️ Same to be said about all of the empties fans here. I wish I could stop, ha!

Whoa, great job, @eshoe!  I have to ask--do you like the Kate Somerville Wrinkle Warrior™ 2-in-1 Plumping Moisturizer + Hyaluronic Serum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL ?  I noticed that you went through a mini.  I've tried it and it's never worked for me but I know that a lot of people enjoy it.

I loved the Kate Somerville Wrinkle Warrior™ 2-in-1 Plumping Moisturizer + Hyaluronic Serum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL@CookieGirl1. I would easily repurchase this, everything about it was enjoyable for me; the scent was a little herby/medicinal, and it felt like it blurred a bit. What about it did you not like? 

quspork_0-1641350201330.gif

Kudos to you, @eshoe! This is simply impressive. 

Ha ha @qusporkthat is a pretty strong word!  It feels good to get some things done and out the door☺️

@eshoe Literally this is amazing, the organization, the amount of empties. Just wow! Thank you so much for sharing.

Thank you, @QueenMarceline - it was fun! Hard to believe just a few years ago when I discovered this place (and this thread), saving empty containers to photograph and track seemed so tedious🤣

10,593 Replies
testing