cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

Holy bananas, @haleyvvvv 😲.

Dang girl, you're my hero.

@haleyvvvv I love seeing empties like this!  I think even more than a monthly set, seeing a good chunk of time set out like this is so helpful to see what you're really using more of.  Helps to inform some buying choices!! 

@haleyvvvv that is a lot of products.  I am amazed you saved all those empties 

That's a huge pile @haleyvvvv you cleared so much skincare. 🥳

Aaah makeup is a little different, what trends did you notice about your makeup use? 

Beautiful empties and great job! I think it’s so helpful when empty time comes around because it makes you assess what works and gives presence to sorting into those categories. When you said reds were no goes I thought of a stop sign for some reason. I think I might use a green yellow and red to categorize my empties in the future. ❤️ @haleyvvvv 

20240721_115142.jpg

I like all of these but I probably wouldn't repurchase the Cucumber or the Numbuzin

20240721_115349.jpg

The Innbeauty was a big miss for me. I later realized that the Green Machine wasn't supposed to be green after all 🙄 I think I'll stick to their lip products from now on. I liked all the Korean products. The Thank You Farmer was my least favorite since it had a strong alcohol scent so I wouldn't repurchase but the texture was nice and thin. From Naturium, I'd probably repurchase the Azelaic Acid, it helped when my face was irritated (mostly from me picking at it).

20240721_115448.jpg20240721_115500.jpg

I love the BBW Butterfly scent and it wasn't too drying on my hands. I wasn't a fan of the scent of the Necessaire wash. It was a little too unisex for me. I need a vanilla scent from them or something sweeter. I've been reusing the packaging with the SdJ body wash and used it all up again. I really liked the Dr. Forhair as well as the other two products.

20240721_115546.jpg

I'm decluttering all of these because they're super old. I also realized that I don't use lip scrubs at all. 

20240721_115704.jpg

The foundations are super old and I don't like the taste of the Addiction Tokyo so it's getting passed on. I used up the eyebrow products and liked both, although I found the TF one a little softer than I prefer. I hate this MUFE brush it's so rough. I was SUPER impressed by The Tool Lab cleansers. They're expensive ($8 each for the tiny bottle) but they go a looong way.

20240711_001251.jpg

All the powder brushes were washed using the Natural hair Cleanser and the foundation and concealer ones (synthetics) were done using the Foundation brush cleanser. They don't foam up so they rinse clean. It saves my hands from all the soap.

P.S. don't be grossed out by the tub, I never use it so it's clean. 

@makeitup305  amazing empties and declutters! You have a fabulous brush collection! 😍 I thought I had a lot, but wow! I've never heard of this brush cleaner, I will have to check it out. My brushes are definitely due for a deep cleaning - I am still working out a schedule/system for that 😅

@makeitup305 Wonderful progress! I also thought the same as @Samtian about your brushes. I just finished up iNNBEAUTY PROJECT The Healthy Skin Edit Bestsellers Kit and thought my Green Machine was bad because of the colour also. What do you think about the scent?

Sorry for the late reply @Mellmars1185. It didn't smell off, just kind of "green". I just wasn't impressed by it overall. What did you think?

@makeitup305 I can also say I was not impressed, although I didn't dislike it. I tried using the whole set together. My skin seemed to like the combination of the three. But the scent of thr Green was not good at all.

@makeitup305 My eyes got super wide thinking you were getting rid of all those brushes haha. Amazing work!

@Samtian NEVER! 

Great bunch of empties @makeitup305 so satisfying seeing your brushes

@lmaster thanks! It's about 2 months worth I think. I haven't washed brushes since March 😬 I kept spot cleaning the powder ones with a microfiber towel or a color switch and after a couple of times setting them aside to wash and next thing I know (4 months later) I don't have any clean brushes left. 

@makeitup305 how did you like the little baby Espoir?

@CookieGirl1 It reminded me of the Biore Aqua UV. I still have a full size (this came in a set with it from OY). It's nice but I think I prefer some other ones. I'm going on a trip soon so I might take my other little sample and give it some more tries before fully deciding.

@makeitup305 What did you not like a bout the InnBeauty?  I've had both the slushie and green machine in my loves and have contemplated them, but couldn't quite pull the trigger.  And I LOVE your tub full of brushes!  I wouldn't love having to wash all of them, but oh what a sight to see them all so pretty together!

@missjeanie the brushes are an endeavor. I've been putting it off for months (I actually checked my previous clean brush pick and it was in March 😬). I'm lucky enough that I can just set aside the dirty ones until I run out. 

As for InnBeauty, the texture of the Slushie was just ok for me and I think there's just other serums I prefer. The Green Machine was straight up green and I don't think it was supposed to be that way. I didn't enjoy using it and didn't really notice any results from it. I tried they eye cream and liked it but I found that it pilled with some of the other products I was using. I know lots of people on BIC really like it but there are other products I like more at a similar price point.

@makeitup305 I also put off cleaning brushes... I completely understand!

Interesting note about the texture of the slushie.  I do find that texture of a serum can make or break the experience.  I'll have to wait until I can give it a feel in store.

Fantastic empties! Oooh my gosh, did you wash all of those brushes in one go?? My brushes are so jealous of the love and attention. Lol. 😉

@CynthieLu I did lol. It took me a while ngl. Less than usual, though, since I used those brush cleaners in my empties. Usually making sure that they're fully rinsed takes me forever but this was way easier. 

2 Replies
testing