cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@faeriegirl  great job with all the empties and destashes! Love hearing your thoughts on them all too.

@faeriegirl thanks for all the mini reviews. I love the Merit and CT as well. I have the Redken and need to give them a try. I agree with you on the Green Machine. I got the full size in a kit and it's just fine.

@faeriegirl  Terrific job on the empties 😃.  Appreciate your opinion on these products too👍

Nice job on the Empties, @faeriegirl, and thanks for the mini reviews 🙂

Fantastic empties!! @faeriegirl ❤️❤️

Empties from the first Quarter of 2024 - I cannot believe it’s already April, this year has been flying by! 

IMG_0735.jpeg

Verb Volume Conditioner - this is a nice cost effective conditioner that agrees pretty well with my hair. It’s moisturizing enough but I’d like to find something that has some protein benefits. I’d probably purchase the Ghost Conditioner over this one in the future.

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare DermInfusions™ Fill + Repair Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1 oz / 30 mL I really liked the sample of this and would love to scoop up a mini/deluxe sample to try at some point.

Juliette Has a Gun Not A Perfume one of my

favourite fragrances, this always gets me compliments. Considering purchasing a full size but I know this one is really popular right now which makes it feel a little saturated. Would consider purchasing the full size later but it’s not a priority. 

amika Perk Up Talc-Free Dry Shampoo 7.3 oz / 320 mL I loved how this preformed in terms of refreshing my hair but on my dark brunette hair it leaves almost a grey-white tone. Will not buy the full size.

Olaplex No. 5 Bond Maintenance™ Conditioner 8.5 oz/ 250 mL I liked this more when I first tried it a few years ago. I felt like it left my hair wanting more moisture and didn’t really make a difference in other noticeable ways. I’m not going to repurchase. 

Cerave moisturizing cream - I’ve been using this for years and really love how moisturizing it is for my skin. Will definitely repurchase.

Bumble and bumble Mini Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Heat Protectant Leave In Conditioner Primer 2 oz/ 60 mL Great formula, horrible dispensing mechanism. I have used this product tkme and time again and I just don’t like the spray function, even on the full size. It ways gets clogged up and sprays out in chunks. I would love to see this in a squeeze bottle cream forums instead. 

Jolly Gingerbread Village body cream - lovely cream that has helped keep my body moisturized and soft. I really love this formula and the scent, would use again for winter 2025 but I prefer unscented creams most of the time. 

The Systane are so great for dry eyes, my optometrist recommended these and specifically advised against using visene. I will pick up a bottle of these drops to have on hand, definitely worth it. 

Aveeno Daily Moisturizing facial  cleanser - this is my go to cleanser, it removes my SPF gently and doesn’t bother my sensitive skin.

Briogeo Superfoods Banana + Coconut Nourishing Conditioner I do love this conditioner and how soft it makes my hair. It also smells amazing but I would like to find a protein leave in conditioner to help my hair when I use this. It just doesn’t offer enough strengthening on its own. 

#the ordinary hemi-squalene is my favourite skincare oils ever and it’s off the site 😞 will be trying The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane 1 oz/ 30 mL instead 

The Ordinary Retinol 1% in Squalane, Signs of Aging Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL I went through a full bottle and just didn’t see any benefits, I’ll or ably pick up a prescription retinol instead. 

Dr. teals foaming bath lavender - this was so lovely, would definitely purchase the full size bottle. I also love these bath salts and will be picking up more! 🛁 

@bakeamuffin Wonderful job. I can't believe it is the last day of April. Where has time gone??

@bakeamuffin  great job! Love hearing your thoughts on everything as well!

Great job @bakeamuffin ! Thanks for all the quick reviews! I love the Not a Perfume and the Cerave as well.

@bakeamuffin  nice job!

Great job @bakeamuffin 

Thank you @lmaster !

March Empties:

20240402_174852.jpg

Spoiler
All winners!  I actually have backups of each.

20240402_174935.jpg

Spoiler
I liked all of these, too, and I already have backups of about half of them.

20240402_175122.jpg

Spoiler
The Yves Saint Laurent Lash Clash Extreme Volume Mascara is probably my current fav mascara--I love how the way that it makes my lashes look longer and thicker.  I also already have another Arches and Halos Microfine Brow Pen going because it's my favorite brow pen.  The Too Faced Hangover Pillow Balm Ultra Hydrating Lip Balm Banana Kiss smells amazing but I've realized that the scent is really the only thing that I like about it and I really don't care for the formula.  I think that I might have one more in my lip stash but after I finish it I doubt that I'll purchase others.

20240402_175229.jpg

Spoiler
I enjoyed the mini Dior Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet that after I finished it I decided to go ahead and buy the 1 oz size (which I just got in the mail yesterday!).  The Bubblegum BBW Pocket Bac smells SO GOOD so I'm glad that I bought a few of them while they were available.  I also LOVE the iNNBEAUTY PROJECT INNBEAUTY PROJECT X poppi Sips & Lips Limited Edition Glaze Duo glosses and I currently have the other gloss from the set in my purse.  The #caliray Surfproof Hydrating Setting Spray with Niacinamide 3.4 oz / 100 mL was also a hit with me and if I didn't have a full Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray 3.3 oz / 100 ml going I'd probably buy the Caliray.  I think that I liked the Biossance Squalane + Hyaluronic Acid Copper Peptide Rapid Plumping Serum 1.69 oz / 50 mL but the sample was so small that I didn't get a chance to form a very solid opinion. 

20240402_175413.jpg

Spoiler
Meh.

@CookieGirl1 Great job! It is good to know that the YSL is a winner. I haven't been reaching for mine as often as I'd like. I am finishing up the Tower 28 Beauty MakeWaves Lengthening + Volumizing Mascara Drift . Maybe I will move onto YSL next. I stilk haven't opened my Too Faced Hangover Pillow Balm Ultra Hydrating Lip Balm Banana Kiss - I also bought it for the scent.

@Mellmars1185 I wanted to love the Tower 28 Beauty MakeWaves Lengthening + Volumizing Mascara but it just didn't work for me so hopefully it's working out for you!  As for the Too Faced Hangover Pillow Balm Ultra Hydrating Lip Balm Banana Kiss, I've realized that I'm really only using it because I love how it smells.  Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with the formula but it doesn't do a lot for me.

@CookieGirl1  wow, look at all those empties! Awesome job!

@CookieGirl1 what an awesome empties bunch. I'm glad you had so many hits!

March was a fantastic month for you @CookieGirl1 🎉🎉

Finishing off a bottle of perfume is such an accomplishment. Even a good sized mini, way to go!

@CynthieLu the Dior Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet mini was a surprise love!  After I used up the mini I didn't waste any time grabbing a full size.

That's so awesome. There's something about finding a fabulous perfume, it just feels good. @CookieGirl1 😄💖 

@CookieGirl1 @Wow lots of empties!  Including 3 large candles! 👏 

testing