From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations
View activity, savings and benefits
Redeem items, samples and more
View saved products
Recommendations from your store visits
Manage your services, classes and events
Complete your beauty traits for personalized recommendations
Payments, contact info, addresses and password
Ask questions, join challenges, and get recommendations from people like you
Discover topics tailored to your beauty interests
Add your photos and get inspired by fellow beauty lovers
Empties - V2
Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂
Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!
Previous Empties thread:
Re: Empties - V2
I wasn’t very good at setting aside my empties over the summer and just took photos of them before recycling them.
I’m so sad this one is all done. I’ve only tried a handful of setting sprays but this one is, hands down, my favourite! Will definitely repurchase again after I’m finished with my current spray from Revolution.
Tower 28 Beauty SOS Daily Skin Barrier Redness Recovery Moisturizer 1.86 oz / 52.73 g is my new favourite daily moisturizer. When teamed up with their spray, it does a great job of keeping my skin nice and happy. Already repurchased this one!
The China Glaze cuticle oil has been reused 2 times already to hold other brands of oil because I really like using the dropper but it didn’t thread onto those bottles. The oil that was in it was from Sally Hansen. It’s a pretty basic oil and kinda just meh in the end. Won’t likely repurchase unless it’s the only option and I really need something.
Tower 28 Beauty SOS Daily Rescue Facial Spray 4 oz/ 120 mL is a favourite of mine. I tried to repurchase but they were OOS.
In summary, 6 loves with a few already repurchased. The rest are meh. (Foils not included)
Re: Empties - V2
@JoSometimes Excellent progress on finishing some of your progress. I am happy to hear that the CT setting spray is good. I am still working through my Urban Decay setting spray and now I am looking forward to trying it. I also am excited to try out the Tower 28 spray.
Re: Empties - V2
I haven't posted my empties here in several months, so I had a lot saved up. Some of these are from this year's pan it challenge (update to that thread hopefully coming soon!), others are favorites I've gone through, and some are free samples I used up to try and declutter my ridiculous beauty stash a bit 😂
- Tree Hut Strawberry Shea Sugar Scrub - I like this one (I am a big strawberry 🍓 fan) and have already repurchased at least twice, though lately I haven't been using it as often as I used to.
- Selfless by Hyram Centella & Green Tea Daily Gel Cleanser - this was one of my items from the pan it challenge. It was fine, nothing wrong with it (except that the dang lid broke off, which was a bit annoying), but nothing special to me either. I was pretty sick of it by the time I finally managed to finish it off, lol.
- The GR mini serums & toner are from Glow Recipe Fruit Babies Bestsellers Kit , which was also an item from the pan it challenge. I really enjoyed this set overall, but especially these three items (Glow Recipe Strawberry Smooth BHA + AHA Salicylic Acid Serum , Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Dew Drops Serum Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner 5.07 oz/ 150 mL ). I have already repurchased the toner and the niacinamide serum, and may repurchase the salicylic acid serum as well.
- Neutrogena Hydro boost water gel moisturizer - Another pan it challenge item. This was my HG moisturizer for a while. The winter I turned 30 my combination skin became really dehydrated and irritated, and I desperately searched for a product or products that would help my poor stressed skin! For me, this moisturizer and the exfoliating cleanser from the same line were a lifesaver, and I used them for quite a while. Unfortunately, the brand is not cruelty free, so now that I am trying to only shop cruelty free beauty I have turned to alternatives. This one will always be my OG favorite moisturizer, though.
- Neutrogena hydro boost exfoliating cleanser - along with the hydro boost moisturizer, this cleanser saved my skin not so long ago. I have another full one I've just started, but after finishing that one I won't repurchase again, and will instead look for cruelty free alternatives.
- The Body Shop Strawberry Body Yogurt - another pan it challenge item. I love all things strawberry, so I hoped to find a body butter or lotion I liked that was strawberry scented. Unfortunately, having tried both The Body Shop's strawberry body butter and their strawberry body yogurt, I have to say I did not enjoy either of them, for different reasons. I liked the scent of the body butter, but hated the thick consistency, which I found difficult to spread on and absorb. I liked the consistency of the body Yogurt better, but hated the scent, which I found strong and artificial, completely different from the body butter. Oh well - they can't all be winners!
- COSRX oil-free ultra-moisturizing lotion with birch sap - this was part of a bestsellers discovery set that I got at TJ Maxx. I liked it fine, but wouldn't repurchase as there are other moisturizers I like better. I do enjoy COSRX products in general, at least the ones I've tried so far.
Sunday Riley Mini C.E.O. 15% Vitamin C Brightening Serum 0.5 oz / 15 mL - I have tried several vitamin C serums at this point, and so far I think this one is my favorite. I found it very pleasant to use, in terms of scent and consistency, and I like the fact that it comes with a pump top rather than a dropper. The only thing that makes me hesitate to repurchase it is the price - it's a bit expensive for me. I have other vitamin c serums to try, but may still end up coming back to this one.
- Truly happy hairless shave butter - I liked this shave butter, which has a nice whipped consistency and lathers really well, but it is quite expensive compared to the drugstore conditioners I generally use as shaving cream, so I will probably not be repurchasing anytime soon.
- Sun Bum face 70 sunscreen - I didn't really enjoy this sunscreen, but I didn't hate it either, which is about as good as it gets for sunscreen in my experience, lol (I know how important sunscreen is, but I have never found using it to be a particularly enjoyable experience). I have a new tube of this stuff that I just started, and after that there are a few other sunscreens I want to try, but depending on how I like them I might end up coming back to this one. I like that it is both cruelty free and has a high SPF, which is often hard to find.
Biossance Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Brightening Moisturizer 1.69 oz / 50 mL(sample) - pretty sure this was a rewards bazaar item. Anyway, I did like it, though I am not sure I would repurchase.
Youth To The People Mini Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser 2 oz/ 59 mL - this was actually one of the first things I ever bought from Sephora! It's one of my favorite cleansers, especially for the morning. I have purchased the full size, and while there are other cleansers I'd like to try, I may just stick with this one.
Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream Plumping & Hydrating Moisturizer 0.34 oz/ 10 mL(sample) - I think this might also have been a rewards bazaar item? Anyway, I did like it, but since there are less expensive moisturizers I also like, I probably will not repurchase this one.
- Peach & lily glass skin refining serum (travel size) - this has been one of my favorite serums for a while now. I use it every day as part of my morning skincare routine. Definitely a must-have for me!
Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40(free sample) & Supergoop! Every. Single. Face. Watery Lotion SPF 50 1.7 oz/ 50 mL (free sample) - I liked both of these fine - I liked one of them a bit better than the other, but can't remember which now (oops)
- Glossier stretch concealer (g12) - this is my current favorite concealer. I like the coverage and especially the finish, though I do find it's sometimes not quite enough coverage for days when I have pimples or other blemishes, so I often use a different concealer for that. The color is not quite an exact match for me, even though it was the lightest shade available (I am just so dang pale lol), but looks fine when blended out. However, I just got the new Glossier Stretch Concealer for Dewy Buildable Coverage Very Light 2 and am excited to try it and see if it's a better color match!
Urban Decay All Nighter Waterproof Makeup Setting Spray Standard Size - 4 oz/ 118 mL- this is my go-to setting spray that I use whenever I do my makeup. I haven't really tried other setting sprays, but I feel this one works pretty well. I have already repurchased this one.
- Glossier Boy Brow Volumizing Eyebrow Gel-Pomade Auburn - my favorite brow gel! The color match is good for me, better than some others I've tried. I have already repurchased this as well.
-TPH by Taraji ride or die detangling spray - another one from my pan it project. I bought this because I was looking for a detangling spray and for some reason this was the only one I could find at my local CVS. I liked it okay, but I have since found another that works better (also I am not sure if this one is cruelty free or not).
-Olly Undeniable beauty gummies & olly glowing skin gummies - I much prefer gummy vitamins and supplements to the regular kind, and olly is my favorite brand. I like the taste of these (especially the Undeniable beauty ones) and I do feel that my skin looks better and I seem to have less hormonal acne when I'm taking both regularly. However, I have decided to hold off on restocking these for now as I'm trying to save a bit of money, lol.
- Crystal lavender + rosemary magnesium enriched deodorant - this is the best "natural" deodorant I've found - works well and keeps me fresh all day, unless I get really sweaty in which case I'm likely going to shower anyway. I periodically try other deodorants, but so far none I've tried has been as effective as this one.
That's all for now - sorry for accidentally writing a novel 😅 If you made it through this whole post, I salute you!
Re: Empties - V2
@Mellmars1185 thank you! I am always happy to share lol. I don't really use any special technique with the setting spray I don't think. There's this makeup artist who does tutorials on YouTube, I think her name is Alexandra Anele, and I just try to do it like she does in her videos. But I don't really know what I'm doing 😅