cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@WhereYouStand  I absolutely love Voluspa candles as well!! My favourites are VOLUSPA Panjore Lychee Glass Jar Candle VOLUSPA Spiced Pumpkin Latte Glass Candle  VOLUSPA Japanese Plum Bloom Glass Jar Candle  I also have one it’s got peach in the name it’s amazing as well. I don’t see it on the Sephora website tho. I usually buy the trio tins to have one in every room! 

@WhereYouStand   Oh my are they ever good!  They burn fairly clean and long and smell divine.  This one was Rose.  
i need to find some way to repurpose the little candle holders once I’m done cause they’re so pretty.  Maybe mini vases or something. 

This is impressive!! @heartsmyface 

@lmaster   Ha thank you . It may just seem that way cause it’s three months instead of the usual one.  It is nice to see a large pile so I can reassure myself things are indeed getting used up, but I really don’t want to be going this long between empties posts.  😅

Oh my goodness @heartsmyface! That’s an impressive amount of fragrances you’ve worked through. Nicely done! 👊🏼 Brava! You should be proud of yourself. That takes some dedication and discipline.

I soooo understand about getting through perfume samples! At the end of last year / beginning of this year, I donated and gifted over 3/4 of what unopen fragrance samples I had because I just couldn’t see myself getting to them anytime soon. I’m still working on the ones I kept. Good reminder that I may need to donate or gift more. 

@itsfi   It’s such a good idea.  I’ve gotten better at spraying them upon arrival and not keeping what I don’t like which is why there are so few duds, but yeah, maybe it’s time to just let them go and start fresh.  Haha, maybe I might even use the perfume I actually purchased😅

Empties from October. I have making serious dent in my stash and finished a lot of products plus didn’t buy new ones, saved money.

repost from low buy thread.

Top row is Products I mostly like and going through back ups now. I love the PHD triple detox shampoo and some of the DE stuff has been consistently used for last 2-3 years (though I am switching to either The Ordinary or Asian brands for some of the stuff)

mid row is all no buy. I mostly finished those using on my body so they don’t go waste.

bottom row is bath & body. After experimenting now I just use Dr Teal shower gel and Costco size Aveeno lotion

C214AE03-CCD8-4A9D-9463-BFE57066CC5D.jpeg

11D6F511-06AA-4288-A7AF-57811D61227E.jpeg

@naturalooks15  Great job!! 

thanks @ather 

Off topic :Yay !! I am getting email notifications for tag again. 

@naturalooks15  Yay!! That’s awesome 

I spy Sunday Riley oils in there. face oil lasts a long time. there is a lot of products you went through. nicely done. 

Yeah, they lasted forever. After about  6 month of opening I actually mixed those with other oils and used on my neck, décolleté since I didn’t want to waste them and I didn’t like them much on my face. 

Great job @naturalooks15! 👍🏼 With working through your stash and not picking up more! 

Thanks @itsfi @heartsmyface 

@naturalooks15  Awesome progress decluttering your stash!  

Impressive!!! @naturalooks15 

Thanks. This was 6-7 months worth and taken in Oct. Need to check if I saved empties after Oct. It makes me so happy to see depleting stash. 

Some great looking empties, @naturalooks15. I love the DE b-hydra!

RE: Re: Empties - V2

Thanks @quspork yeah. Though I am trying to finish up million little samples of couple of other things I got (bought 5 play boxes lCaudalie Radiance and Dr Denise Gross eye serum bottles ). So haven’t bought a replacement of B-Hydra. My goal is to finish those and anything else in this category or similar (hydration/ serum) by April. Only then I get to buy new stuff in April during Spring sale 😀 PS: browser forces me to post via app and app is acting weired when I try to edit any text. Sorry for any typos

I thought I had posted my October empties already. Oops. Here's what happened last month:

LOVES

Loves (New)Loves (New)

Spoiler
At first I thought the Kosas Concealer 3.5 Fair-Light Neutral might be too light but it did a great job of evening out my skin tone from some post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation I've been dealing with. 

Horse Power Nail Fertilizer by butter London is one of those products you realize works as well as it does when you stop using it. I plan to pick up another one after I've finished up a similar product from another brand. 

Kosas Tinted Face Oil is great for imparting some color to my complexion while moisturizing my skin at the same time. The formula is very runny but the results are great for those days when you just want to even out the skin's tone and add just a little bit of color and a healthy glow.

Trader Joe's Strawberry Lemon Ultra Moisturizing Hand Cream keeps my hands moisturized without feeling greasy, and smells wonderful.

Voluspa Spiced Pumpkin Latte Candle smells so good. The jar is beautiful as well 

It always makes me happy when I discover new sheet masks that work well for my skin. October introduced me to quite a few great ones, including Merbliss Intense Hydration Wedding Dress Maskavatara Light Up Face MaskThe Orchid Skin Hyaluronic Acid Mask Sheetand Inna Organic Lemon-scented Tea Tree Mattifying Facial Mask, and Urban Dollkiss Baviphat Secret Recipe Juicy Mask Sheet - Pomegranate

Loves (Old)Loves (Old)

Spoiler
Both the Naruko Raw Job's Tears Supercritical CO2 Pore Minimizing & Brightening Mask and CrediThink Snail Honey Jelly Face Mask Sheet are masks that my skin loves and ones I consider staples for my library of masks. 

I tend to run cold, especially my hands so these HotHands Hand Warmers (x2) sure come in handy. 

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer (x4) - Vanilla Light 2 and Cafe Con Leche Light 2.6, Custard Medium 1, Ginger Medium 2 was a go-to concealer for me a couple of years back. I have another go to, but the NARS remains one I like to use and when they come in these foils, I like to mix certain shades to get a better match.

Heimish All Clean Balm makes a nice first cleanser. I like that the spatula included fits snugly inside the inside of the lid. Makes it handy for travel, too.

Guerlain Abeille Royale Youth Watery Oil was something I didn't want to like, let alone love. Sometimes we don't get what we want. lol. This is a beautiful oil. 

I wish I didn't need these Peace Out Acne Dots (x4) as often as I do. Yes, I went through 4 packets; there was a rough spell in October where I was treating some maskne as well as a breakout from a product that did not agree with my skin at all. These always work wonders overnight. Expensive but effective and worth it. 

Moschino So Real Cheap and Chic Eau de Toilette Roller Ball is one of my favorite scents from Moschino. Unfortunately, it's been discontinued. Fortunately for me, I have backups to last me for some time. 😉 

Armani Beauty Power Fabric Concealer
is my current favorite concealer; a repeated repurchase.

Aquafina FlavorSplash Hydrating Lip Oil was the first lip oil I've ever used, years before the ones from Clarins, Dior and Hourglass became popular. If I could find these again, I'd definitely repurchase. 

Shiseido Facial Cottons are the gold standard when it comes to facial cottons. Even though I've moved to using reusable rounds, I plan to keep a pack of these around for those times during the year when my allergies act up and these are the least irritating to my eyes.

October Likes.jpg

Spoiler
L'Occitane Shea Butter Extra Gentle Soap Milk
Dr. Dennis Gross DRx Dark Spot Sun Defense Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50
Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Moisturizer
Paula's Choice Power Berry Serum
Innisfree Quick Tone-Up Mask | Pink
Paula's Choice Hydrating Gel-to-Cream Cleanser
Dear Packer Egg Ceramide 2 Sheets in 1 
ChapStick Moisturizer Hydration Lock
Missha Misa Cho Gong Jin Oil
Missha Misa Cho Gong Jin Youngan First Oil 
Sephora Collection Coconut Water Cleansing Wipe
Sephora Collection Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover
The Creme Shop Watermelon Kombucha Fusion Sheet Mask
Clear Skin Days by Sephora Collection Clear Up Patches (x4)
Ellis Brooklyn Fawn
Ellis Brooklyn Fable
IGK Mistress Hydrating Hair Balm
NARS Lip Oil (Laguna)
The Creme Shop Corrector Solutions Color-Correcting Sheet Mask (Pink)

MAYBE

MaybeMaybe

Spoiler
These were fine, there are just other similar products I like more.
BCL Saborino Morning Mask Pack 
Tory Burch Love Relentlessly 
Benton Aloe BHA Skin Toner
It's Skin Cookie & Body Ice Cream (Mint)
Biore Nose Strip - Citrus (x2)
Julep Cushion Complexion 5-in-1 Skin Perfector with Turmeric

MEH & NO

Mehs + NOMehs + NO

Spoiler
Meh's
A'Pieu Honey & Milk Lip Scrub
Primark PS Sleeping Beauty Overnight Nail Mask

NO
StackedSkincare Hydrating Lip Peel

MTD (October): 70

YTD: 862

@itsfi  Oh my gosh that Trader Joes hand cream is the best!  Thanks for that;) what scent is that one? Plain strawberry or strawberry something?  

testing