cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

That B&BW candle sounds like it smells amazing @samkeaysxo! 😍 

Couldn't agree more @samkeaysxo the farmacy moisturizer 😣 I wanted to like it so bad,,, but the scent was too much,,, and I felt it didn't absorb very well, I always felt tacky if I didn't apply sunscreen or makeup

This year has taught me to simplify my routine greatly so I have been focused on using up all my full-size products, which takes time! 

CFDDD037-0831-49F2-B710-2D7135921927.jpeg

Spoiler
Regular restocks/HG: Briogeo, Belif cleanser, Tatcha sunscreen

OK:
Skinfix (better handcreams out there)
The Ordinary (I think my skin responds better to the Inkey List and TO products tend to break me out. I had really great results with this product but I don’t think I will repurchase in favor of The Inkey List product instead)
Green Tea Mask (These were gifted me as a 10 pack and they’re nice but I wouldn’t repurchase on my own, I prefer Sephora’s Green Tea mask)

@lnum I'm so very proud of you!!

@lmaster Thank you!!!!!

i've got about two months of empties here. 

simple Key:

Y = l hearts it, I loves it

M  - meh, i take it or leave it

N - nope, not my jam

Hands & FeetHands & Feet

- Bath & Body works - hand sanitizer,  sweet as cherries  (M)

- Bath & Body Works - hand sanitizer, Eucalyptus (M)

- Bath & Body works - hand soap, rose ivy (M)

Hair CareHair Care

- Not Your Mother's - Tapioca Dry shampoo, Clean Freak, warm sugar x3 (Y)

- Not your Mother's - dry shampoo, Clean Freak (M)

MakeupMakeup

- Milk - liquid foundation, fair (Y)

- NYX - Pore Filler (Y)

- NYX - Setting spray, Matte (Y)

- NYX -  setting spray, Radiant (y)

- Peter Thomas Roth - mattifying primer, skin to die for (N)

FragranceFragrance

- Bath & Body works - wallflowers, perfect Peony (Y)

- Pinrose - perfume, Treehouse royal (M)

Bath & BodyBath & Body

- Bath & Body works Body wash - cocoa shea (Y)

- Fresh - Body Cream, sea berry (M)

- Gold Bond - Neck & Chest cream (Y)

- Peter Thomas Roth - Cleansing Gel, irish moor mud (N)

- Sol De Janeiro  -cream, Brazilian Bum bum  mini x3 (Y)

- Trader Joes - Shave Cream, honey mango (Y)

- Trader Joes - Sugar Scrub, grapefruit ginger (Y)

'SkincareSkincare

- Drunk Elephant - Night serum - T.L.C.  (M)

- Farmacy - face mask, Coconut gel  (Y)

- Garnier - cleansing water, Micellar (Y)

- Garnier - Cleansing water, w/ rose (Y)

- GlamGlow - Brightening treatment (M)

- Jejuen - this sheet is bananas (M)

- Laneige - Hydro Essence (Y)

- PIXI - Glow Tonic (M)

- Sunday Riley - sleeping night oil, luna (Y)

- Trader joe's - Hydrating face mask (Y)

- Trader joes - eye cream (Y)

- Trader joes - Moisturizer - hydraiting (M)

@WhereYouStand great job!! 

Thank you @lmaster  

Finally!  Dumping my trash.

Liked all of these.Liked all of these.

With the exception of the Belif Moisture Bomb and the Timeless Vitamin C serum, these were all winners.With the exception of the Belif Moisture Bomb and the Timeless Vitamin C serum, these were all winners.

Meh.Meh.

I love the banana scents from bbw!! @CookieGirl1 I had a foaming soap that was banana scented,,,ahhhhhhh!!! When it comes back,, I'm stocking up

@lmaster I have an embarrassing amount of backups of that candle, LOL. It's definitely one of my all-time favorites!

August Empties (Body Care)

Body Care EmptiesBody Care Empties

Spoiler

Aveeno Repairing Cica Foot  Mask

Results - Soft, baby smooth feet Aroma - None; Fragrance Free Texture - Plastic serum-line booties Expense - $3.99; Despite the struggle getting these on, I would still repurchase because my feet felt AMAZING!

Coola Classic Body Sunscreen SPF 50 (Guava Mango)

Results - Mixes well with my moisturizers, absorbs quickly, and leaves the skin looking glowy Aroma - Fruity and tropical Texture - Looks and feels like a body lotion Expense - $32 5.0 oz; I used my FSA funds to buy this sunscreen, so I’m not really concerned about the price. However, this is not replacing my Supergoop! Everyday Sunscreen any time soon. 

Coola Classic Body Sunscreen SPF 30 (Unscented)

Results - Works well for getting sun protection on hard to reach areas and reapplying throughout the day. Aroma - None Texture - Light, barely there mist Expense - $10 2.0 fl oz; I bought this for $5 at Nordstrom Rack, so I would definitely repurchase at that price. This would work nicely for reapplying sunscreen on the go, but you’ll go through it very quickly.

Dove Shea Butter Dry Spray

Results - Dry armpits with no white residue Aroma - Smells like the Dove Shea Butter Body Wash Texture - Airy mist Expense - $5-$8 3.8 oz; The price I pay depends on sales and coupons, but I love it so much that it doesn’t really matter. This is my favorite deodorant!

Hempz Original Herbal Body Moisturizer

Results - Absorbs quickly and makes skin feel nourished Aroma - Kind of nutty and earthy, but also a little citrusy. It’s not too strong, and it doesn’t linger. Texture - Thick and creamy Expense - $23 17 oz; I received this as a gift with purchase from Ulta, but I would absolutely purchase this again to use after washing my hands because it lasted forever!

Maison Margiela Replica Jazz Club Eau de Toilette

Results - Feels light on the skin, but heavy in the nostrils Aroma - Pure cheap musk Texture - Light spray Expense - $130 3.4 oz; YUCK! This will never become part of my fragrance collection. Sometimes I enjoy a men’s fragrance, but this was not one of them

Schick Intuition Pure Nourishment Coconut Milk & Almond Oil Cartridges

Results - I use this along with the Tree Hut Shaving Oil, and my legs feel incredibly soft and smooth. Aroma - Nutty Texture - Creamy Expense - $16.99 3 cartridges; I already have a new pack in the stash. 

Soap & Glory Magnificoco A Cream Come True Luminous Body Butter

Results - Made my skin sparkle like a Twilight vampire Aroma - Sweet plastic smell; Doesn’t have the signature Magnificoco scent Texture - Thick cream Expense - $15 10.1 oz; I love the sparkle this gives, but it’s white based, so sometimes it makes my skin look a little ashy. I’m up in the air about whether I would repurchase it.

Sol de Janeiro Glowmotions Copacabana Bronze Glow Oil

Results - Mixes well with my moisturizer and leaves me with sparkly skin. I didn’t notice any transfer to the clothes. Aroma - Something slightly sweet, but not that signature SDL scent Texture - Liquidy dry oil Expense - $35 2.5 oz; I bought this for $25, and I think that’s a really good price for it. I might repurchase during a sale depending on my experience with other Glow Oils. 

Tree Hut Bohemian Escape Shea Sugar Scrub

Results - Super smooth skin! Aroma - Tropical citrus Texture - Fine emollient sugar grains Expense - $8.99 18 oz; Tree Hut makes the best body scrub I’ve ever tried, and it’s almost always on sale at Ulta. It’s a win-win situation!

Viktor & Rolf BONBON Eau de Parfum

Results - The bottle didn’t have a sprayer, so it was always difficult to apply. When I was able to get out enough product, I absolutely loved this light sweet scent during the spring and summer. Aroma - Sweet, Candy, Floral Texture - Expense - $68 1.0 oz; I like the scent. I’m planning to get this the next time I cash in my Ulta points. 

Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Eau de Parfum

Results - Unique floral scent that lasts for HOURS! Aroma - Warm, Sensual Floral Texture - Medium to heavy fragrance Expense - $85 1.0 oz; I have loved this fragrance from first sniff! It’s one of the best floral scents I’ve ever used, and I usually hate floral fragrances. I currently have the Petite Flowerbomb in my fragrance collection.

Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Midnight Eau de Parfum 

Results - The scent is a darker version of Flowerbomb, but the scent fades so quickly that in the end it’s forgettable. Aroma - Warm, musky floral Texture - Very light Expense - $85 1.0 oz; Despite the HG status of the original Flowerbomb, Midnight is lacking in the scent department. For $85, I would rather buy the original fragrance.

Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Eau de Parfum

Results - The longevity can be hit or miss. Sometimes, it lasts all day. Sometimes, it only lasts a few hours. Aroma - Warm, Spicy Texture - Medium-body scent that is great for fall and winter Expense - $76 1.0 oz; I really like this fragrance, but it’s not a fragrance I would immediately repurchase.

Couldn't agree more about the replica 😝 @sephoraaddict918 

RE: Re: Empties - V2

Nice empties @sephoraaddict918! 😃 Love your new review set up ♥️ and I love that Aveeno foot mask! So good!

RE: Empties - V2

My August empties. Not too much this month. I loved Lancôme CILS Booster lash primer, but didn’t repurchase this time. I have been using CILS Booster for years, but I’m trying out MILK’s Kush primer to change it up. Liked the Tatcha cleanser, but didn’t love it. The Bath and Body Works candle was nice but very strong so I don’t think I’ll ever get this scent again. Wipes came in a 2 pack, so I have one more pack of them, but don’t think I’d repurchase as they’re just okay. Ole Henriksen serum was gifted, I liked it but didn’t love it. I have other serums I prefer so I don’t think I’d repurchase it. ABH Brow Powder Duo, and Sephora Collection Solid Brush Cleanser are both awesome, and I’ve repurchased both already!

Re: RE: Empties - V2

Good to know about the B&BW candle @samkeaysxo. The jar is beautiful. Jasmine can be too overwhelming for me so I appreciate the heads up on how strong the scent it. Nice work on your empties!

Ohhhh I've never seen that candle!! @samkeaysxo 

RE: Empties - V2

May and June empties. Loved the Sephora collection wipes, my favs, already repurchased. Also also repurchased the Tarte cleanser, and SC brush cleaner. Will repurchase the MAC liner when the store in my city finally reopens. Liked Olaplex no 6 but nothing amazing, same with BTZ heat protectant and the Zoto’s mousse, so I won’t be repurchasing those items. Super old packaging of bath and body works hand sanitizer, was an okay scent. As for the candle and body wash, 2 of my favourite scents so will be repurchasing both of those as well! Really didn’t care for the SC scrub stick, or touch in sol primer.

@samkeaysxo, nice group of empties. 👍🏼 Too bad the Touch in Sol primer wasn’t a winner for you; it’s been a good one to me lately. I’m adding that B&BW candle to my list - so many of their candles on my list, I could make a whole new list just for their candles - ha!

@samkeaysxo awesome empties!! 

For the last 2 weeks:

LOVES:

IMG_20200228_165143.jpg

-Philosophy Snow Angel Shower Exfoliator (for the body) -- love love love this scent. Plus it's a nice gentle exfoliation and doesn't leave the shower slick like a lot of exfoliating creams seem to do. 

-Coola Mineral Sun Silk Cream- Really enjoyed this. It wears well under makeup and didn't feel heavy or greasy. Some white cast though so blending it out is necessary.

-Shiseido Perfect Cleansing Oil- My absolute favorite first cleanse. It's rich without being heavy, isn't runny, gets all my makeup off, and just feels so luxurious. 

-Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence- One of my absolute favorite products. This hydrates, helps heal acne, brightens- you name it. It's an absolute must in my routine. 

And the "just OK" items:

IMG_20200228_165027.jpg

Both were just kind of meh and I have other products that I prefer. 

testing