cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying ๐Ÿ™‚

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

Lol @CookieGirl1 now I am embarrassed ๐Ÿ˜† I am currently trying to repurpose a few products to muscle through them quicker. End of year will be here before we know it!

@eshoe I totally understand "repurposing" things and I've been trying to do the same for a few items as well.  Sometimes it works out and in other cases I finally either give up and surrender something to the garbage or pass it off to see if someone else can get better use out of it.  Definitely don't be embarrassed at all--I'm impressed by your dedication! 

@CookieGirl1 I would rather use something than waste it. The good thing about skincare is that soooo many products can just be shifted to another part of the body ๐Ÿ˜‰

@eshoe Wow you are amazing.

Ha ha @Samtian idk about amazing, beauty trash is just a passion of mine๐Ÿ˜‚

Wow!! You got through the amika s&c @eshoe great job!! I'm still working on mine about half way through still ๐Ÿ˜ณ

You must have a few shampoos/conditioners in rotation, @lmaster โ˜บ๏ธ Good luck, maybe by the end of the year!

I do really like them @eshoe but you nailed it ๐Ÿ˜Š I have a few in rotation

That must be why I finished mine, @lmaster! I only have two-three of each going at any time. Lots of samples, though, just for fun๐Ÿ˜Š

@eshoe  I just realized that I haven't done by June empties yet! lol.  Tomorrow!  I know wipes are wasteful, and I don't use them daily, but dang they sure can be handy at times!  I didn't know that SDJ made a LE scent!  I really enjoyed reading through your reviews.  Sounds like a few in there I would give a shot to and buy... but only after I work through more of my stash! lol

@missjeanie Iโ€™ve been searching for the SDJ scent on eBay but no luck. They had a LE body mist/spray fragrance a couple of years ago now I think. I keep hoping they will come out with it again!

Getting through my stash is a continual struggle. Do you have a goal for this year? 

@eshoe I originally wanted to get through 730 empties and bring in less than I used up. My new goal is still to use up 730 by the year end, but I also want to have brought in less than 365 purchases.  I'm counting all the samples etc as empties so I'm counting them as purchases as well.  I'm going to need to get cracking for the last bit of the year, but I'm determined! 

I'm shocked that I missed that SDJ limited edition, but now that I know it's happened before I'll be ready if it does again!

Thatโ€™s a great goal, @missjeanie! Curious to hear how the year ends for you:) Also, SDJ did a LE  hand sanitizer this year, I saw it in a haul of @sonnydeeโ€˜s, I believe. By the time I went to their site, it was sold out of course. You win some, you lose some๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

Yup, I bought 2. It's on the Sephora site as well but oos๐Ÿคท @eshoe 

Ohh good grief @sonnydee๐Ÿ˜‚ Now I will just add them to my loves list, for fun.

I haven't done an empties post in a hot minute, but one of my goals for the new year is to catalog them monthly, but I gotta post the ones from the end of 2019 first. So here, the majority of them all together:

IMG_20200104_220625.jpg

Loves/Definite repurchase worthy:

IMG_20200104_220827.jpg

Spoiler
Notable things: The CosRx pimple patches are really magical. They work so well, especially if you put a little retinol/retinoid on your face before placing them. I'm obsessed with the Voluspa Goji Tarocco Orange scent. I need a giant one of these. I also found some great results with the Drunk Elephant Shaba eye cream. I will probably purchase a full size in the future, but I have a TON of other samples to get through first. The little perfume sample is Tom Ford Ombre Leather, which I have also become obsessed with and was so happy to see Ulta carry. I got the big size using points and 20%, which is the happiest I've been with a purchase in a while. 

I seriously embarked on using supplements to try to get my nails in better shape last year. The vitamins aren't a miracle or anything, but they are relatively affordable, and I'm seeing results in nail strength.

LIkes/Meh:

IMG_20200104_221448.jpg

Spoiler
These sort of go from likes to mehs, left to right. I like the Living Proof, but it was payment for letting them test on my hair. I'm not sure I would pay full price, but I would definitely use again; lots of the empties fall in to that category. Ulta cotton squares are nothing special, but I like keep repurchasing because they are good enough and the price is right. I need to keep better track about how I feel about sheet masks because I can never remember by the time I get around to posting empties. I think the honey one had a weird smell that I wasn't fond of, but I liked the results.

Nopes:

IMG_20200104_221651.jpg

Spoiler
I don't like the feel or the smell of the Hydro Boost, but I gave it to my bf, and he seems to like it well enugh. The Bare Minerals mascara was wicked dried out, but I'm not sure if that is because it sucked or because it is old. The Derma E lotion had a smell I couldn't tolerate.

And some smaller ones from travelling this winter (comments in captions):

Like these all. Have more Peaches sheet masks and will try to flesh out my true feelings on love vs like.Like these all. Have more Peaches sheet masks and will try to flesh out my true feelings on love vs like.The body wash was crappy. No lather and whoo boy, the essential oil/fragrance was not good for sensitive skin. Dphue was ok; would use again. I liked the IGK well enough to pick up 8oz sizes to further explore. The DE is expensive, but really great for travelling through desert climates.The body wash was crappy. No lather and whoo boy, the essential oil/fragrance was not good for sensitive skin. Dphue was ok; would use again. I liked the IGK well enough to pick up 8oz sizes to further explore. The DE is expensive, but really great for travelling through desert climates.My hair didn't like the PHD; it felt soo dried out, but I'm not sure if that was due to the product or FL water. I like the blueberry cleanser and want to try more samples. Trying to figure out if it's just right or a touch too drying.My hair didn't like the PHD; it felt soo dried out, but I'm not sure if that was due to the product or FL water. I like the blueberry cleanser and want to try more samples. Trying to figure out if it's just right or a touch too drying.

Pleasantly surprised with these press on nails. Super bummed The Ordinary stopped carrying this formulation of salicylic acid. Candles both smell great; would def repurchase the Capri Blue, but Ulta seemed to stop carrying it. Decluttered the Origins. It was reallllly old. Too abrasive for my face, used it on my feet for a time.Pleasantly surprised with these press on nails. Super bummed The Ordinary stopped carrying this formulation of salicylic acid. Candles both smell great; would def repurchase the Capri Blue, but Ulta seemed to stop carrying it. Decluttered the Origins. It was reallllly old. Too abrasive for my face, used it on my feet for a time.

That's a great set of empties you went though there @snoflakefaerie !  

Love how that blueberry cleanser smells @snoflakefaerie

I tried the PHD and then washed it out with the Briogeo Superfoods Banana + Coconut Nourishing Shampoo + Conditioner Duo for Dry Hair and thought it was the shampoo that made my hair feel so dried out.  Now I know it was the PHD! I should declutter the PHD samples. The Briogeo banana shampoo is really quite moisturizing and not to blame. 

@snoflakefaerie @itsfi 

Hi there,

You got through lots of great items. Great job on the vitamins. I need to work on that! 

Best,
Rebecca

@snoflakefaerie Ummm...wow.  Girl, that's a great stash of Empties!  (The PHD shampoo and conditioner dried my hair out, too.  FAR from perfect.)

1 Reply
testing