cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

That is so interesting @haleyvvvv. The "pre-essence" definitely sounds more like a serum or possibly an ampoule even, depending on how thick it is. Benton makes some fantastic products; their serum has a big following. There's so much really good skincare out there. On the one hand, I loooove that! So nice to have good options. On the other hand, it presents so many distractions when trying to manage and curate my skincare library. 

@haleyvvvv you got through a bunch of products! 🙌

Thank you, @lmaster!! Too many skin care steps+DS sizes=all of the empties.

@haleyvvvv that Benton Snail Bee Essence is soooooo good🥰

Yessss, agreed @eshoe and @haleyvvvv - that essence is amazing! 

@quspork @eshoe I definitely want to try the full size when I've worked through a little more of Mt stash, but its definitely one of the best ones I've tried. 

@haleyvvvv @quspork not sure if you meant to say “Mt stash” or my stash, but I am cracking up! Mount stash sounds about right😂

Mt Stash definitely works @eshoe @haleyvvvv 😂

c398918e9484a9bcff19092dde3157b4

@eshoe 😂😂😂 definitely meant my stash, but Mount Stash is accurate and what it will be henceforth known as. 🤣 

Sounds about perfect @haleyvvvv 😂🤣😂

@quspork I am finishing my Missha now but will be picking up more Benton when my no buy is over🥰 

July Empties! Slowly moving along.

JulyEmp.jpgJulyMaskEmp.jpg

Spoiler

FS

Amika Reset Clarifying Gel Shampoo and Gel Conditioner - these were gratis and fun to use. The shampoo was my favorite, I used it when I needed a light-deep cleansing. My daughter used these as well, and they worked better on her hair than mine. Not a repurchase, but very nice to be able to try out.

Bioderma Sensible Micellar Water - I’ve lost count on how many I’ve purchased at this point. A couple of backups in the waiting. My eyes need this gentle cleanser, I am so incredibly thankful to have discovered it thanks to this lovely BIC community. 

Bite Cream Lip Gloss Lavender Pearl - a declutter. The shade is very unappealing on me, though I love the formula.

Crème Shop Clear the Way Rosewater Towelettes - these were handy, and I like that they are cruelty-free. Gentle and not drying. Thank you @missjeanie for sending this well-loved goody my way 🙂

Josie Maran Divine Drip Argan Oil and Honey Balm - this marshmallow scented cream is what I would use every night if I could. The scent, absorbency, and richness are such a treat. LOVE.

Lue by Jean Seo Balance Hydrating and Calming Serum - this is a very good Peach & Lily Glass Serum dupe. Slightly thicker, bur behaves similarly on skin for a fraction of the price.

Real Mary by Rated Green Purifying Scalp Scaler - I’m not real certain what this product does, but it seemed to help deep clean my hair. Wouldn’t repurchase because I prefer the Living Proof Triple Detox for a thorough bimonthly cleaning.

Sephora Collection Melting Shower Jelly Pillow Battle - this was a very nice shower gel, and one I would repurchase if it were available. The scent is somewhat like baby oil, but not quite. 

Stila Shimmer & Glow Vivid Sapphire - another declutter. It’s so pretty but I never wear it.

Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask - love this type of product in a squeezable tube! Easy and clean application. Like a very thick moisturizer, with a barely there (very, very subtle) medicinal scent. I had this a little over a year and it started to smell off, so I finished it up as a foot cream.

Trader Joe’s Cranberry Pine candle - I ran out of scented candles and found this in my closet. So it was Christmas in July:) This is a really good blend, not too pine-y, and just the right amount of fruitiness.

Trader Joe’s Green Tea Scrub - love TJ’s scrubs. @Shosh85 thank you very much for this little treat, it was great!

Village Naturals Glacier Zest Iceland Body Butter - one of my last in-store purchases. The scent is Lysol strong so it was immediately a foot balm. Worked great as such!

DS

Acure Resurfacing Glycol & Unicorn Root Cleanser - this was just ok. Too drying for my skin, and I don’t need to add another acidic product to my routine for sure! 

Elemis Superfood Berry Boost Mask - I really enjoyed this clay purifying mask, but I really don’t need another. The purple color and bits of something (blueberry?) are lovely. If this were strictly a hydrating mask, would 100% repurchase.  

Elemis Superfood Blackcurrant Jelly Exfoliator - Feels more like a mask than a cleanser. A fairly thick eggplant-colored gel, with a slight fruity scent. The granules are gentle and feel bouncy. Might repurchase at some point, as it is pleasant to use.

Josie Maran Argan Oil - this was from a multi set and the scent is off so I am decluttering

Moroccanoil Color Depositing Mask Bordeaux - I saw the reviews and was still curious. This colored my hands and bathtub more than it did my medium brown hair. Disappointing shade pay-off, but the scent is nice 😉

Moroccanoil Treatment - once I get through my DS stash of this product, I will repurchase. Anytime these come up as promo, I snag one. Thanks to the recent one, I have restocked my stash 🙂

Nest Wild Poppy - both poppy scents I have tried haven’t been my cup of tea (Jo Malone was the other). 

Peach & Lily Glass Skin Refining Serum - works as a solid day serum for me, very lightweight. Does provide a nice dewy base, and I am happy to have a FS backup now.

Tarte Ready Set Radiant - worked ok but seemed to leave my skin a little tacky.

Foils

Barefoot Scientist High Dive Foot Cream - Loved this little sample. Very rich, not greasy - another future purchase.

Caudalie Instant Detox Mask - this surprised me, as I expected a charcoal or white clay mask and it was pink. Loved the scent, reminds me of ylang-ylang (and also of the Petal mask). A good option for a future detox mask for me.

Drybar Liquid Glass Shampoo and Conditioner - although these were the best products I’ve tried from the brand, my hair just doesn’t respond the best to their products. Loved the scent.

Esteé Lauder Advanced Night Repair - worked fine.

Exuviance Vitamin C Serum Capsules - these were fun to use, and I really liked the serum. It is a thick, light yellow gel/cream with what feels like vitamin C powder (similar to the Kiehl’s Powerful-Strength Vitamin C Serum). In fact, it is very similar, and although I’m not a huge fan of the waste involved with the individual capsules, they would be great for travel. 

Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic - I guess I’m on a citrus kick; this is a really lovely and bright perfume! A future purchase, and could work as a dupe for the Acqua di Parma Fico I recently fell in love with, as they are extraordinarily similar. 

Ilia Super Serum Skin Tint - I was very excited to try this, but the shade closest to my skin color had a strange gray tint. I tried the others, but the scent was a bit off. Still, I would give this another try if I could.

It’s Skin Dual Essential Fluid Day/Night - Loved the night version, it has a fresh, clean almost bamboo scent and although lightweight compared to most night moisturizers, kept my skin from feeling dry in the morning (thank you @Shosh85!) . 

Milk + Honey Body Wash No 16 - this has a true cardamom scent and was very pleasant to use. Would 100% buy the FS of this. 

PMG Labs Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Foundation - this was nice to wear and try. It felt very lightweight, yet covered well. There wasn’t enough product for me to see how it would work on a full face. Would like to try this again.

Sachajuan Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner - I already own the FS conditioner, I had been saving these to share and discovered they were expired, so I went ahead and used them. 

Sephora Clay Mask Sample Trio - I’ve used this a few times, for the price I think these are fantastic little no-nonsense masks.

Smith & Cult Locked & Lit CBD Lip Balm - loved this green, goopy gel. The scent is sweet, fruity - if it is available in a tube, I would repurchase.

Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay - This is a declutter. I was trying to find a dupe awhile back for the original Hourglass Veil; this was not it but sufficed. 

Tatcha The Liquid Silk Canvas  - I was a fan of the Silk Canvas, so was really excited to try this. Ever since the switch from three to two free samples, I have almost always received the samples I have requested. I would much rather have two samples of something I will use and possibly buy, than three samples I won’t! Kudos 🙂 This is much easier and less fussy to apply than the original; if I repurchased one, I would go for this over the pan. Still experienced a bit of pilling under makeup, which was frustrating.

The 7 Virtues Vanilla Woods -  I wouldn’t have guessed this to be a vanilla perfume. It reminds me of the scent of old smoking pipes. It also reminds me of SDJ’s LE Body Spray Scent 2, which I love and have been rationing. Purchased the rollerball and have been wearing it regularly. It will make a nice fall scent, too..

YTD 
Sheet Masks223
FS76
DS90
Foils78
Total467

So many empties @eshoe! That reminds me to use that amika gratis. Another thing hidden and resurfaced during the move. How would you describe your daughter's hair since it worked better for her?

@ShortErica, thin but plentiful. She also has a fairly oily scalp, always has; where I have not. So I think with this type of product, she can get more use out of it than someone like me. 

Thanks for sharing @eshoe. That's great it works for her. I've got to put it in my queue. I appreciate the reminder and the cabinets filled quickly and I'm already losing track of things. 😂

Holy poop, @eshoe!  That's an impressive amount of empties!

Lol @CookieGirl1 now I am embarrassed 😆 I am currently trying to repurpose a few products to muscle through them quicker. End of year will be here before we know it!

@eshoe I totally understand "repurposing" things and I've been trying to do the same for a few items as well.  Sometimes it works out and in other cases I finally either give up and surrender something to the garbage or pass it off to see if someone else can get better use out of it.  Definitely don't be embarrassed at all--I'm impressed by your dedication! 

@CookieGirl1 I would rather use something than waste it. The good thing about skincare is that soooo many products can just be shifted to another part of the body 😉

@eshoe Wow you are amazing.

Ha ha @Samtian idk about amazing, beauty trash is just a passion of mine😂

2 Replies
testing