cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@haleyvvvv I'm aware that I'm TOTALLY in the minority but I actually don't like the smell of the Bum Bum Cream (I know, everyone else loves it).  The PTR mask feels a little on the greasy side to me and I'm also not a huge fan of the Water Drench because while I didn't absolutely dislike it, I think it just didn't give me *quite as much moisture/hydation as I've come to prefer.  I actually haven't tried the Ordinary Buffet or the Grace & Stella but they both sound like things I'd like.  As far as the YTTP cleanser, the Beautyblender, Fresh lip balm, Origins mask, Honey Potion, and Fresh Youth Preserve--those are all absolute favs for me and most of them I've already gone through before and have since repurchased (and still have in my collection).  It's always fun to see what other people like and dislike and I think it's helpful when I find posts like yours where I see some similar overlap in favs and fails because it's a good way to get some recommendations for things that I might want to try (or steer clear from!)

@CookieGirl1 The SDJ is a powerful scent and I totally get not liking it (I'm sensitive to scents, so I'm always surprised when I like really strong ones). And if it was in a face product I definitely wouldn't use it.

I was surprised about liking the PTR, but for me, in my current climate, on top of my other products, I really like it. But it wouldn't have been enough in the dry climate I used to live in.

When you get a chance you should definitely pick up Buffet. I feel like it just supports all of my other products and boosts their effectiveness. Definitely its a fave in the bic for a reason.

I totally agree about finding similar overlaps!! 😀

@haleyvvvv I actually LOVE strongly/richly scented products and even though it's not exactly recommended, I don't mind fragrance in my skincare.  There's just something about the Bum Bum cream that doesn't do it for me, though, which is so weird because I love the smell of caramel and the smell of pistachio...but separately.  Also, I DO really want to try some stuff from TO and I'm not sure why I haven't yet but I need to just do it (especially since it's so affordable!) and finally just try it for myself.

@CookieGirl1 

🙋‍♀️Proud member of the “anti bum bum scent club” 

@GG84 @Loretta55 woo-hoo! 

You are not in the minority @CookieGirl1. I also dislike the scent of the Bum Bum Cream. In fact, my husband who has developed an reaction to many scents started chocking inside of our car . I wore it for my entire 8 hour shift and he had the same reaction on the ride home. I feel the same way about the PTR Water Drench Cream. I wish that I felt more comfortable at this time about swapping because I received a Water Drench Cream inside a PTR bundle that was a disappointment.

@haleyvvvv wow I'm sorry the it cleanser dried you out, I'm not super keen on it, but it didn't strip my skin,, maybe because I'm usually in the oily side

@lmaster Its okay, it was too too bad, just usually needed to add an extra spritz of something right out the shower. I have normal to dry skin. It was just a little surprising.

@haleyvvvv Good to know about the mini stila! I love the PTR Cloud cream!

@Samtian I love the full size or normal smaller sizes, but this like extra extra mini was just too small and poor quality. 

Nice batch of empties @haleyvvvv! Lots of skincare goodies! 💕

Thank you, @itsfi!!

I'm digging your star system. Nice batch of products @haleyvvvv!

Thank you, @ShortErica!!

I think I missed posting last month... but I did put them into my ongoing count!

This is the month of April.  I had a bit of an odd month, as I'm sure many did.  Mostly working from home, so I was pretty lazy.  I know I had days where I didn't even wash my face from waking up until it was bed time.  Skincare was used seldom and makeup even less.  This month I'm working on getting into a routine to at least do my skincare daily. 

April total empties 22, Year to date empties 182, Year to date purchases 193, Hoping that May will put me to more empties than purchases. 

All 22!All 22!Loves!  The tummies were really good, I wear a lot of sunscreen so having a Vitamin D is a good idea.  The Native deo was the best 'natural' deo I've tried so far.  Just ordered three more because after this, I don't want to use up the others I've got laying here half used.  This was the grapefruit bergamot, and I hope to see it again! The Farmacy got me back into sheet masks!Loves! The tummies were really good, I wear a lot of sunscreen so having a Vitamin D is a good idea. The Native deo was the best 'natural' deo I've tried so far. Just ordered three more because after this, I don't want to use up the others I've got laying here half used. This was the grapefruit bergamot, and I hope to see it again! The Farmacy got me back into sheet masks!These were good, I would possibly purchase if I ran across a good deal.  The Conditioner worked well and I like that it was so clean.  The samples were all good, I liked the Sulwhasoo Glow cream quite a bit, but would need more to decide to buy it at their prices.  The Brazilian keratin flat iron spray I've had for at least 3 years.  I just wanted to use it up,  I didn't flat iron my hair, but figured meh.  It was a lovely scent for me who is just working on using more hair products.These were good, I would possibly purchase if I ran across a good deal. The Conditioner worked well and I like that it was so clean. The samples were all good, I liked the Sulwhasoo Glow cream quite a bit, but would need more to decide to buy it at their prices. The Brazilian keratin flat iron spray I've had for at least 3 years. I just wanted to use it up, I didn't flat iron my hair, but figured meh. It was a lovely scent for me who is just working on using more hair products.These were all meh/too hard to judge.  The Caviar volume spray.. I have waist length hair... a spray like this isn't going to add root volume.  The Biossance Repair cream I ordered in a Sephora Play box at Christmas, it was already beyond dried out.  The milk sample was just too hard to figure out how to get it onto my face.These were all meh/too hard to judge. The Caviar volume spray.. I have waist length hair... a spray like this isn't going to add root volume. The Biossance Repair cream I ordered in a Sephora Play box at Christmas, it was already beyond dried out. The milk sample was just too hard to figure out how to get it onto my face.And my Nopes.  The cotton rounds were used for polish removal, the masks in the sachets were less than exciting.  The two soaps were soap. And the Kiehl's mask was a nope for me.  It didn't break me out or anything so theres that, but anything would have done more than this did. Used it on my chest/neck to use it up.And my Nopes. The cotton rounds were used for polish removal, the masks in the sachets were less than exciting. The two soaps were soap. And the Kiehl's mask was a nope for me. It didn't break me out or anything so theres that, but anything would have done more than this did. Used it on my chest/neck to use it up.

I felt similar during this fallout and skincare lacked. You still made a lot of progress @missjeanie! I've got to get through my various scents of Schmidt's but I'm definitely trying Native based on your review.

I'm working through a Schmidt's Pineapple Coconut right now @ShortErica .  I gotta say I don't mind the scent, but it's not my favourite.  

I might have that one, I'll have to check @missjeanie. I'm not a fan of coconut but do love pineapple so maybe I picked it up. 🤷‍♀️

Good job @missjeanie I hope you are doing well!! Miss ya

I miss you guys too @lmaster !! 

Nice work, @missjeanie - can relate to not washing your face until bedtime 😉 Also, I used the Kiehl’s for foot cream, I feel ya!

1 Reply
testing