cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@sephoraaddict918 I really sad about it. I went thru so many of those Vitamin C Silicons 😢

Great set of empties @blackkitty2014 ! Sorry about the TO products, I’ve had the same issue with the 2% salicylic acid ( only if I use it as a leave-on treatment ).

Oh no @keana1 . 😢

sooo many empties! Wooh! I have to ask do you love the Tatcha essence / amorepacific?

@SAlyFitz I really like that Tatcha essence. I will buy full-size. For the AmorePacific mist, I’d been using it since 2014. I love it. I use it as first step of my routine to open up my pores and help all the goodies after it to sink in. 

This is very impressive @blackkitty2014 even if it's 6 months of empties!! So sorry about the allergic reaction,, how long did it take for you to see this reaction? Or how long have you been using TO products?? Now I'm getting nervous

Oh no @blackkitty2014 what kind of reaction are you getting from The Ordinary products? I’ve only tried a few and I also had a strange reaction. 

@GG84 @lmaster I have used the Ordinary products for 2-3 yrs now. My skin loves them. But starting beginning of this year, let say if I use them for night routine, the next morning, my eyelids/face swollen so bad. Even if I’m trying to avoid the eyes about 2 days after, same thing with face. After 3-4 episodes liked that I don’t dare to try any Ordinary products again. I wonder if they change something or just my old skin acts up

Oh my goodness!!! @blackkitty2014 that's definitely not cool,, so sorry you are experiencing this reaction uughhh I hope this doesn't happen,, can I ask what products were you experiencing this with?

These 2. @lmaster As you can see I don’t have the heart throwing them out especially the Vitamin C Silicons 😢
3124A2BA-2A17-484E-80F2-26E0467B45BA.jpegF6FCDD03-0279-4810-BF8B-92C55D126347.jpeg

@blackkitty2014 oh boy! Thank you for sharing this, I'm going to stay away from those two

@blackkitty2014  Oh wow... I wonder if The Ordinary had reformulated those 2 products in any way by the time you restocked them, or if this is one of those true allergic reactions that take months/years of accumulated exposure to surface. 😞 I’m sorry this happened to you. 

@WinglessOne I think my skin just acts up now that I’m getting old. Sigh! I thin it’s one of the case that it takes years for the allergic reaction to kick in 😢

Wowwy @blackkitty2014! 🙌🏼 Looky those empties! You have some fabulous products here! 😍 Tatcha and AmorePacific! *swoons* Such amazing skincare! ♥️♥️

How did you like the Erborian mousse cleanser?

@itsfi That one is just okay. I won’t replenish. I like the Tatcha and AmorePacific cleansers the most.

It’s really hard to compete with the Tatcha and AmorePacific cleansers @blackkitty2014. They both have such elegant formulations. 🥰

April empties, part 2

MTD = 96 - Being home helped with using up already open products. 

YTD = 277

LovesLoves

Spoiler
Yadah Brightening Jelly Pack: my favorite of the Yadah jelly masks
Dr. Jart V7 Toning Mask: great for brightening
Oerbeua Firming Mask
Boo Bamboo Hydrating Sheet Mask

Sisley Black Rose Cream Mask
Ciate London Fragranced Nail Polish Remover (White Choc Pot) - my  favorite nail polish remover is the Zoya one with the pump top, but this Ciate one is great for travel and it smells good. I didn't know this remover existed until @sonnydee  gifted me this one - thank you!
Dear, Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop - this is a great gentle introduction to vitamin C. The concentration of vitamin C is low compared to most products, but I did see results over time with just this one bottle. Also love that it contains centella asiatica. 
Sephora Collection Honey Lip Scrub
Herbivore Bakuchiol Retinol Alternative Smoothing Serum
Farmacy Very Cherry Bright Vitamin C serum

Sephora Collection Coconut Hair Sleeping Mask
Yadah Revitalizing Jelly Pack
Verb Ghost Oil - pleasantly surprised by this one. Argan oil can weigh my hair down and I was a little nervous when I saw that this is a thicker oil but this worked very nicely on my hair and smelled very good!
CosRx Acne Pimple Master Patch - the CosRx acne patches were the first acne patches I tried and I continue to pick up a few every so often; definitely in my top 3 acne patches
Vaseline Total Moisture Cocoa Radiant Vitalizing Body Gel Oil - this is a miracle worker in the winter for my soles
Shiseido Facial Cotton - the only reason I wouldn't repurchase is because I'm trying to move towards reusable rounds.
Biore Deep Cleansing Charcoal Pore Strip 
Biore Ultra Deep Cleansing Pore Strip - I've yet to come across a nose strip that works as well as Biore.
Skinfood Black Sugar Strawberry Mask Wash Off 

18BEA9F4-7C1A-49D4-A03F-2FC95031CA8B.jpeg

Spoiler
Miniso Odorless Mild Wipes
Threshold Berry Lemonade & Melon
Sky & Co. Amethyst Candle - it comes with a gemstone at the bottom of the jar. I'm keeping the gemstone, just included it in the pics for show.
Homescents Lush Seawater candle
Consonant Skincare HydrExtreme Charcoal Sheet Mask: I find the HydrExtreme serum to be better

Bath & Body Works Love & Sunshine 24-Hour Moisture Body Lotion: this has a nice scent and the lotion moisturizes all day long (thank you @Shosh85 for this and the Sulwhasoo cream)
Parian Spirit Professional Makeup Brush Cleaner
The Creme Shop CoEnzyme Q10 Infused Face Mask
The Granite Springs Co. Coconut & Rosewater Hand Wash Elixir
Yadah Soothing Jelly Pack
Armani Code Cashmere

My Beauty Diary Black Rose Brightening Black Mask:this should have been included in the Loves group
Sulwhasoo Luminature Glow Cream
Bath & Body Works Body Lotion (Coconut Lime Verbena)
Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey
Sephora Collection Coconut Water Cleansing Wipes
Moon Juice SuperYou Daily Stress Management

...and the rest of the bunch...and the rest of the bunch

Spoiler
JMsolution 24K Gold Premium Peptide Mask Rose Gold Limited Edition: it's a bubbling mask but it didn't really bubble at all. 
Kerastase K Resistance Length Strengthening Shampoo
Kerastase K Resistance Length Strengthening Conditioner
L.A. Colors Nail Polish Remover (peach scented): love the scent and that the packaging makes it very portable and travel-friendly, but it takes a bit of effort and multiple pads to remove anything darker or more colorful than neutral shades. 
Tocca Montauk Sea Salt Cucumber Candle - this was just 'meh'; I would have preferred that that the scent leaned either more sea salt or more cucumber; as it were, it was hard to pick up any scent while the candle was burning. The scent was more noticeable coming straight out of the box.
Drunk Elephant F-Balm Electrolyte Waterfacial Masque Hydrant: I know I'm in the minority when it comes to this mask. There's nothing wrong with it; it just didn't standout for me the way other DE products do. 

Monthly Breakdown

Spoiler

April 2020

Skincare

Makeup

Hair care

Body care

Nails

Wellness

Fragrance

Other (Home)

Other

Total

April 2020

Full size

DS/mini/travel

Foils

Total

Another great month of empties @itsfi!!! I love how much the Vaseline Gel Oil makes my skin glow, but it's not enough moisture for my dry skin. I would probably need a cream to go on top, and that's too much, even for me. LOL

I want to move toward reusable cotton rounds too, but I still have 2 packs of the Shiseido Cotton Rounds. I wondering if I should just keep them around for backup instead of using them up. 

I will have to try those CosRX patches. The ZitStickas didn't really work for me. I'm currently using the Truly pink acne patches. They are pretty good at getting rid of a small pimple overnight.

Hahaha @sephoraaddict918! 😂 I can completely understand that - sometimes it’s asking a lot, too much, to layer products for moisture for our skin. 

Keeping the Shiseido cottons that you have as backup as you move to reusable rounds is a really good idea. The cottons will come in handy for travel as well as those days when you just can’t be bothered to launder the reusable rounds. 😆 

I’ll have to try the Truly patches. I’m always game for trying out acne patches; sadly I have the blemishes to use as test cases. 😝 My top 3 acne patches (so far) are Peace Out acne dots; these CosRx pimple patches and the ones by Peach Slices. 

😍 the ciate pots. Wish Sephora still sold them! Might have to remember about that amethyst candle. My mini loves & collects gemstones. He even carries them around in his pocket @itsfi 💜

Oh my goodness @sonnydee, how cute is your mini?!! 🥰 What’s his favorite color or gemstone? 

The Ciate pots are great! 💕 Thank you so much for introducing them to me. Came in handy! 

5 Replies
testing